View Poll Results: Should other members be allowed to reply to your Member Journal?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 13.33%
  • No

13 86.67%

Thread: Member Journals: Should other members be allowed to reply?

Administrator

Cars
    2003 Evo

Member Journals: Should other members be allowed to reply?

This is something I've been debating about since the creation of the Member Journals section. It would involve some coding to make it work, but do you think other people should be allowed to reply to your journal?

My biggest concern is organization. The journals could get clutterred with too many replies if the journal owner likes to keep it clean and organized.

What do you think?
    http://www.twitter.com/RobLescaille

"The only thing you have to remember about an evo though, is that to get the best out of it, you need to go beyond the line where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn in to this hairpin bend at 100 miles per hour? Why not. What's gonna happen? Nothing!" - Top Gear

hmm ok, edit:

i read the journal explaination up top..

i vote NO outside posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky
    hmm ok, edit:

i read the journal explaination up top..

i vote NO outside posts!

yeah we might get a lot of unnecessary stupid posts..

Well, with my insanely long entries I'd have to vote no hehe
    sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    Well, with my insanely long entries I'd have to vote no hehe

;asldfja;lsdfj;asdf

Time to resurrect a dead thread, I would think it might be nice to respond to the journals however there should be severe punishment for rude comments. No warning just banning.
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

wow i voted yes and it some how voted no
    Thnaks to all my Sponsors! www.rnrracing.com www.boost-solutions.com www.vividracing.com and special thanks to team HighIntenzity!!!

I honestly don't see the point in allowing posts to member journals. I know I've wanted to post several times to people's entries, but I think things would get cluttered. Journals are for people to vent what they are thinking/feeling...I can smell the flames if we open them up to posts. I dunno, maybe a separate thread about journal replies, but same thing would happen...flames. Hey, MrBubbler and Dave...you guys seem interested in the journals...START ONE! hehehe, I've been waiting to see more people in there!
    sig.

well honestly i think journals should be on www.livejournal.com and not on here = / but it does alow us to get to know people better i guess, venting to everyone isnt my style but i give props to whom can speak their own mind and are willin g to share it with all of us , more power to you!
    Thnaks to all my Sponsors! www.rnrracing.com www.boost-solutions.com www.vividracing.com and special thanks to team HighIntenzity!!!

Only reason I voted yes to the replies is for the mear fact of self defense when other s venting becomes offensive. I realize that this has yet to come up but you never know.
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

I vote no. If you have a comment for someone's journal then PM them. If people can reply and it's in the thread then you will lose the flow of the journal. my 2 c
    <a href=&quot;http://registry.evolutionm.net/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1265&s=&quot; target=&quot;Tony's Evo&quot;>See my Evo here!</a>
    <br /><a href=&quot;http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album23&id=bevo_sausage& op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_ph oto.php&quot; target=&quot;sausage&quot;>See Bevo's HUGE sausage here</a>

journals...

Commenting on other people's journals... whats the point I mean it would be a conversation then not a journal.
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-&nbsp; www.mccomsey.net/evo

I guess I see your logic in that. Until the issue of shit talking arises I will put this issue to bed.
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

Re: journals...

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Commenting on other people's journals... whats the point I mean it would be a conversation then not a journal.
    I agree with this comment..if we opened up the journals to others posts then it might as well be a thread about one person. We dont need that. A journal like um, (im sorry) "the guy, with the avatar of his nostrils that says meet master" said are too long..mine are at least..to have other replies in there with it. Also someone else mentioned it would ruin the flow of the journal. Thats so true. Let it be a closedthing for that one member and if someone has a problem with something said in it they can pm the person. Things can be edited..trust me i know.
    Dangerously in love with you.....

[size=9px]originally posted by aj grant[/size]
    Let it be a closedthing for that one member and if someone has a problem with something said in it they can pm the person. Things can be edited..trust me i know.
    hehehe.... Merry Chrismas!
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-&nbsp; www.mccomsey.net/evo

lol you know you are so loved gt40...i feel that smile/snicker all the way over here...

*smiles*
    Dangerously in love with you.....

Re: journals...

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. Grant
    the guy, with the avatar of his nostrils
    ha ha - Rich, that's you, that is!
    <a href=&quot;http://registry.evolutionm.net/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1265&s=&quot; target=&quot;Tony's Evo&quot;>See my Evo here!</a>
    <br /><a href=&quot;http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album23&id=bevo_sausage& op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_ph oto.php&quot; target=&quot;sausage&quot;>See Bevo's HUGE sausage here</a>

Re: Member Journals: Should other members be allowed to reply?

GRAVE DIGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [quote author=Jperez43evo8mr link=topic=103721.msg8100553#msg8100553 date=1297718354]<br />[quote author=Andrew9RS link=topic=103721.msg8100549#msg8100549 date=1297718197]<br />You&#039;re Welcome! Glad they Showed up on time! The people at the Florist Store told me that They might arrive at 6 or so. Glad they got there earlier :)<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Glad too and you&#039;re lucky we close at 5 at work and I got them on lunch so all the bitches were hating since their man&#039;s weren&#039;t sweet enough to do it O0<br />[/quote]