Thread: Yikes, I think I pushed Carbotech out of the Evo market!

Administrator

Cars
    2003 Evo

Yikes, I think I pushed Carbotech out of the Evo market!

http://www.twitter.com/RobLescaille

"The only thing you have to remember about an evo though, is that to get the best out of it, you need to go beyond the line where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn in to this hairpin bend at 100 miles per hour? Why not. What's gonna happen? Nothing!" - Top Gear

sucks for them they should have though of all that shit before they released their product.

Man why does everybodyh have to shit on carbotech. I know u had your probs rob but it seems like now adays once somebody gets one bad comment it just snowballs.

Ok so what have we learned Bobcats dont work on evo.

The bob cats are not bad pads they just dont work well on the evo but I bet they work wonders on other cars its not carbotechs fault they dont work well with the evo.

So get the panther plus pads sure they eat up rotors and sound like shit but its breaking power u want. U have to give to get alitle.

I just think it sad to see people shitting on carbotech they have always come threw for me in the past. I highly recomend panther plus's to anybody. Im gona get them for the evo as well when funds are there to do so.
    Coming to fight a forrest fire near u <br /><br />Beat me, stomp me, bash me, blast me, slash me, cant kill me , cant stop me, cant defeat me, my death my curse ** Myself ** <br />

Administrator

Cars
    2003 Evo

I dont have anything again Matt at Carbotech, he's always been nice to me. I've been working with him to figure this whole thing out. The verdict is that they dont work on the evo as claimed.

As I've explained to Carbotech and everyone that asks me, I didnt start the thread to cause problems for Carbotech. I simply wa looking for help with my problem. I wanted to see if anyone knew what I was talking about and found a solution. I didnt mean to start a snowball. It seems like there is so much animosity on the forums that everything turns in to one giant snowball.

What I think carbotech should do, now that they have admitted these pads arent for the evo, they should offer me credit towards a new set of panthers. Instead of giving me my money back just pay 60 bucks or so more and get myself a full set of Panter +. That's what ideally i'd like right now.

Rob

"The only thing you have to remember about an evo though, is that to get the best out of it, you need to go beyond the line where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn in to this hairpin bend at 100 miles per hour? Why not. What's gonna happen? Nothing!" - Top Gear

I have PF 97's they squeak under light braking. but break hard don't fade and wear like Iron. $250.00 avalible now If we buy more than 1 set we could get a group discount...

blame me for yet another argument......
    человек in charge будет человеком с обязанностью

Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy949
    I dont have anything again Matt at Carbotech, he's always been nice to me. I've been working with him to figure this whole thing out. The verdict is that they dont work on the evo as claimed.

As I've explained to Carbotech and everyone that asks me, I didnt start the thread to cause problems for Carbotech. I simply wa looking for help with my problem. I wanted to see if anyone knew what I was talking about and found a solution. I didnt mean to start a snowball. It seems like there is so much animosity on the forums that everything turns in to one giant snowball.

What I think carbotech should do, now that they have admitted these pads arent for the evo, they should offer me credit towards a new set of panthers. Instead of giving me my money back just pay 60 bucks or so more and get myself a full set of Panter +. That's what ideally i'd like right now.

Rob
    I was not saying u were pissing on them I know u just wanted help etc. Its the bandwagon evom fucks that always apear and just keep on shiting on a company or person till they either hate the EVO or hate the people driving them etc.
    Coming to fight a forrest fire near u <br /><br />Beat me, stomp me, bash me, blast me, slash me, cant kill me , cant stop me, cant defeat me, my death my curse ** Myself ** <br />

Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy949
    The noise can be heard from like 300 feet away. It's not normal performance brake noise, it's from the depths of hell or something! My passengers cover their ears when I brake...it's quite embarrasing.
    I have run Panther+ pads before on my RSX with no noise at all. I have run other pads that were marginally noisy. But on the EVO, OMG!!

I thought that the above quote summed up the sound quite nicely. It is not only the bobcats that make so much noise on the EVO. I have the full track XP pads for my car. When they are cold the make a sound you couldn’t imagine would come from the brakes. I had to take them off for daily driving between track events. That said, when they are hot, they make no sound at all and stop the car very well with no fade.

First let me say that I am not picking on you Rob.

/rant on

I would like to bring up a problem that has become more and more prevalent in the past couple of year. The problem is message boards and them becoming the first choice for people to complain about a bad experience with a product. Never, make a message board you first stop to discuss a problem with a product you bought. There is not a single shop out there that has not had some kind of problem. In the past you went strait back to the vendor and if they were willing to work it out everyone was happy. If not you took it public when they deserved the scrutiny and hassle that came with bad service. Now people jump on the boards at the first sign of trouble. Everything gets blown out of proportion. The Vendors are unhappy, in turn customers are unhappy. This is hurting everyone.

/rant off.

-matt

Administrator

Cars
    2003 Evo

Matt, I had been talking about the problem with noise with Matt at Carbotech for weeks before I posted about it. The posting was somewhat of a last resort before giving up. I wanted to know if anyone else had found a solution, or if I was just going crazy in the head. Looks like I opened up the mic for other people to post problems with the brakes.

I agree about the problem with message boards though. I think the first of this issues way back when was either Shawn Glass getting screwed by RMR or Shiv weird dyno numbers. I remember what type of comotion those threads caused. Gets me tired just thinking about it.

i think vendors and forums should stay seperate. causes too much interference and prevents that inability to stay neutral.
    человек in charge будет человеком с обязанностью

matt... after john took me out for a ride in yourcar i must say.... GADDAMN YOUR BRAKES ARE LOUD. thats all. :)