Page 2 of 366 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Torrance Mini Meets

OFFICIAL:Torrance Mini Meets

no prob guys.

Thanks to all who could make it, if you couldnt, no sweat. There is always next time. It is my fault for making it last minute. Decent turn-out considering, we had 4 evos turn out. Always nice to meet fellow evo lovers. I would like to make this a regular mini-meet, but not sure about being at the same location though. The place seems to be a Redondo Beach/ Torrance police hangout. Must have seen over 15 cops in and out of there in the 4 or so hours we were there :!: Geebus!

go4broke, Im sorry to hear you cant make it on Mondays. I would rather pick a day during the week when the majority of peeps will be able to show. I am partial to Monday, but its not set in stone.

I will think of something. :twisted:
    Dammit Smithers! This isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery!

Yeah, the day's not set in stone...but I think we should pick a day pretty quickly and stick to it, so everyone can know that if you just show up at a certain place on a certain evening, there'll be at least one other person there. :D

Ok, here's my suggestion to all of you who think you'd like to come regularly....[size=18px]PLEASE post which nights you CANNOT make a Southbay meet, and then we'll see if there's a day still left in the week that seems good for everyone interested.[/size]

Good to meet a few of you, and cool that at least someone came on practically ZERO notice.

On a side...every face or format button I press ends up at the bottom of the screen and not where I have my cursor...any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveMR
    no prob guys.

Thanks to all who could make it, if you couldnt, no sweat. There is always next time. It is my fault for making it last minute. Decent turn-out considering, we had 4 evos turn out. Always nice to meet fellow evo lovers. I would like to make this a regular mini-meet, but not sure about being at the same location though. The place seems to be a Redondo Beach/ Torrance police hangout. Must have seen over 15 cops in and out of there in the 4 or so hours we were there :!: Geebus!

go4broke, Im sorry to hear you cant make it on Mondays. I would rather pick a day during the week when the majority of peeps will be able to show. I am partial to Monday, but its not set in stone.

I will think of something. :twisted:

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

i guess we can make this thread the official Torrance mini- meet ,
    glad you guys have fun. WLA and Torrance should get together (plan a mini meet a head of time) one of this days.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    glad you guys have fun. WLA and Torrance should get together (plan a mini meet a head of time) one of this days.
    thanks for making this thread a sticky. True, sorry for making the meet such last notice. I would like to see what days everyone else is avaliable in the southbay area, so that we could get a better turn out. We would like to make this a weekly meet. so please post the days you all cannot make it.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    Very cool; thanks for stickying this! :D

Now guys, where are those schedules of days that are no good for you? Let's hear 'em so we can keep everyone happy.

i'm almost busy every day with school and other crap cept thrusday evening...dont worry about me...i'll try to swing by on whatever day you guys pick....

Nice to meet you people last night, and it only took me 15 mins to get there. My vote for next time is either Tue's or Wed's (maybe a little earler 8pm?). And yes lets move away from all those cops, I was really paranoid leaving, I was sure I was being followed by at least three. By a coffee shop is great as long as theres no In and Out burger in sight:D
    Really liked that Electric blue evo (ergo evo), and thaks again for the cell phone pad.
    EvolveMR thanks for setting this up.
    " A fry short of a Happy Meal"

Wednesday and Saturday are bad for me. Any other night is good. As for location, how about the National Sports Bar on Sepulveda in Torrance. I had a meet with the 350Z club there once when I had a Z.

ANYWHERE in Torrance and Redondo Beach is a cop hangout. I live right on the water in Redondo, and my city has 10 times as many cops as it needs. It is a low crime beach front community. All the cops do is hand out BS tickets all day. Redondo Beach is the biggest speed trap in California. The city will keep hiring cops as long as they can write enough tickets to cover their salary and benefits, and leave a few bucks left over for city hall. And the whole city is way underposted. Lots of 25 and 30 mph zones.

On night recently I watched a cop hiding in a driveway on my block, handing out tickets for rolling stops in a 25-mile zone. There was absolutely nothing unsafe about what any of the drivers who got ticketed did. What BS.
    Sponsored by Chapter 7 Racing -- We&#039;re Bankrupt!<br /><br />2000 Formula Mazda - race car<br />1992 NSX Coupe - street and track<br />2006 Evo IX MR - daily driver<br />2002 Jaguar Vanden Plas - luxo-cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder
    Nice to meet you people last night, and it only took me 15 mins to get there. My vote for next time is either Tue's or Wed's (maybe a little earler 8pm?). And yes lets move away from all those cops, I was really paranoid leaving, I was sure I was being followed by at least three. By a coffee shop is great as long as theres no In and Out burger in sight:D
    Really liked that Electric blue evo (ergo evo), and thaks again for the cell phone pad.
    EvolveMR thanks for setting this up.
    Thanks...and no problem. She's all clean again...spic and span...wow does that paint pop!

heyyyy i used to goto the AWJunkies friday night meets at that same spot! well im up to support this torrance meet!! ill try to make it to the next one guys. :D

if u guys are still iffy on that spot, i would suggest the Tapioca Express/Starbucks on Sepulveda and Dolores St. in carson nearby. Me and my buddies have been hanging out there for the longest and theres rarely cop interferences. Alot of clubs meet over there thru out the whole week too! so yeah its always poppin' and the boba place is open up to 11pm
    Team Transport: SoCal&#039;s Daily Driver Show Team<br />Visit us @ www.teamtransport.org

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO
    Wednesday and Saturday are bad for me. Any other night is good. As for location, how about the National Sports Bar on Sepulveda in Torrance. I had a meet with the 350Z club there once when I had a Z.

ANYWHERE in Torrance and Redondo Beach is a cop hangout. I live right on the water in Redondo, and my city has 10 times as many cops as it needs. It is a low crime beach front community. All the cops do is hand out BS tickets all day. Redondo Beach is the biggest speed trap in California. The city will keep hiring cops as long as they can write enough tickets to cover their salary and benefits, and leave a few bucks left over for city hall. And the whole city is way underposted. Lots of 25 and 30 mph zones.

On night recently I watched a cop hiding in a driveway on my block, handing out tickets for rolling stops in a 25-mile zone. There was absolutely nothing unsafe about what any of the drivers who got ticketed did. What BS.

I don't know about the National, they card everyone who walks in the door and I'm not sure if everyone's of age...

and in my experience of living in redondo for the past 4 years, I've always found the cops to be pretty lenient. hell, I used to rip wheelies on my R1 right in front of them and as long as I put it right back down and waved at them, they'd just nod back and be on their way!

as far as good spots, I already mentioned the starbucks at the end of hawthorne in PV (few cops, open lot, close to good roads), or the one in hollywood riviera (south redondo/torrance) which has a big lot that's relatively open in the evenings.

thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated. I will be considering all this info and come up with a new location for a meet. Check back in a day or so, I will have it posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralliartpnoi
    if u guys are still iffy on that spot, i would suggest the Tapioca Express/Starbucks on Sepulveda and Dolores St. in carson nearby. Me and my buddies have been hanging out there for the longest and theres rarely cop interferences. Alot of clubs meet over there thru out the whole week too! so yeah its always poppin' and the boba place is open up to 11pm
    This place sounds cool to me. The reason I want to get together is to look at, and talk about our cars, not hang out in a bar. If this place will have other cars than just ours, all the better.
    &quot; A fry short of a Happy Meal&quot;

For the next Torrance mini meet I looked at many possible spots. In doing so I wanted to try to be as fair as possible and pick a fairly centralized locale, with a big parking lot.

[size=18px]Tuesday February 8
    8PM till whenever[/size]

[size=18px]-Starbucks Coffee in Torrance Crossroads-
    24427 Crenshaw Blvd.
    Torrance CA, 90505
    [/size]

big lot, couple places to get some food, and of course, the coffee. hope to see you there!

incase you need it, below is the map
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...searchtab=home

The best Sushi Bar in the South Bay is in that shopping center. Cocono -- expensive but worth it.

See you Tuesday.
    Sponsored by Chapter 7 Racing -- We&#039;re Bankrupt!<br /><br />2000 Formula Mazda - race car<br />1992 NSX Coupe - street and track<br />2006 Evo IX MR - daily driver<br />2002 Jaguar Vanden Plas - luxo-cruiser

cool I'll be there.

Wow... 30 min drive from Long beach.. i wish my schedule is free enough for me to go there.
    How long do you guys usually stay there till?
    anyway you can make it weekends?
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by silvery_eagle
    Wow... 30 min drive from Long beach.. i wish my schedule is free enough for me to go there.
    How long do you guys usually stay there till?
    anyway you can make it weekends?
    Hey, I'm coming from LB we should caravan. By the way I made it to the last meet in 15min, without speeding.

Wish I could make it, but I'm leaving for the Chicago Auto Show on biz tomorrow. Can't wait until we all settle on a firm date and place, so people can just show up at will and know at least someone will be there each week.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveMR
    For the next Torrance mini meet I looked at many possible spots. In doing so I wanted to try to be as fair as possible and pick a fairly centralized locale, with a big parking lot.

[size=18px]Tuesday February 8
    8PM till whenever[/size]

[size=18px]-Starbucks Coffee in Torrance Crossroads-
    24427 Crenshaw Blvd.
    Torrance CA, 90505
    [/size]

big lot, couple places to get some food, and of course, the coffee. hope to see you there!

incase you need it, below is the map
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...searchtab=home

we are usually there for a good 2-3 hours minimum. Depends on if we have a lot to talk about and what not. Or should I say, it depends on how fast you get bored, tired, have other things to do, etc.

go ahead and cruise by, meet some evo nuts.

Page 2 of 366 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast