Thread: SCAQMD targetting gross polluters again!

SCAQMD targetting gross polluters again!

I just read in the LA Times that the South Coast Air Quality Management District "plans to use remote sensors and video cmeras to measure airpllution from 1 million vehicles as they enter freeways and navigate roads in the couties of Los Angles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside."

The plan for installation of these devices is expected to gain approval nex month and would provide enough sensors to scan 1 million cars (one in ten cars). The plan seems to target older cars built in the 80's or older. But the consequences are such that if caugt, offenders would be sent a letter informing them that the govermenment would pay to fix or scrap their vehicles! That is hilarious, the gov't is willing to pay out money rather than scrap and old car.

Sounds like a smokescreen to me. How the hell are the sensors supposed to differentiate between and old car and a new car? With one in ten cars potentially being caught by the sensors, it is not unlikely that fellow Evo owers will be caught. We'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

good looking out
    <br /><br />www.trojanmotorsports.com

herm maybe i shouldnt get a catless exhaust...... but it must be fun trying to fight this in court... i kinda wanna fight it too :D

Good Post. Bottom line, Cali sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jas0n
    herm maybe i shouldnt get a catless exhaust...... but it must be fun trying to fight this in court... i kinda wanna fight it too :D
    that sounds like a great waste of time and money let us know how it goes for you.
    Don&#039;t argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rubelcon
    Good Post. Bottom line, Cali sucks.
    +1
    illuzionz 1.0

get cams and after market exhausts... and then get government pay to fix ur car, you get a new stock exhaust to sell
    [size=20pt]*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

On top of all that, I heard the SD Police are going to be training OC Police departments and Sheriffs to recognize modifications on a car. Probably cause to pull you over: modified exhaust, tinted windows, stickers, or a wing....

Maybe they should just charge those who want to modify their cars a fee to do so.
    Most of the time modified cars will still pass the sniffer test. So as long as you can pass the sniffer test and you pay your dues, you aren't liable for the visual tests.

I would go for that.
    どうも!ハード・ゲイです!フォー !