Thread: Octane Calculator

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Octane Calculator

Here's how to calculate mixing different octanes of gas together. STICKY THIS!
    http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.co...alculator.html

Kudos to Dr. Gray for showing me this site!
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Octane Calculator

cool, just did it for 94 octane, 12 gallons :D

need 4 gallons of 100, or go to any other state and put the nozzle in the car :roll:
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Octane Calculator

I'm tuned for 93 octane, so i just use 2 gallons of 105 octane :)
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Octane Calculator

Awesome, thanks!
    Works TR-340+

Re: Octane Calculator

hmm... dont understand it. lol.
    the getaway

Quote Originally Posted by Skiracer
    I'm tuned for 93 octane, so i just use 2 gallons of 105 octane :)
    For a long time I used one gallon of Zylene mixed with 11 gallons of 91 to get my 93. I paid about $7.00 for the Zylene and it worked great. I just ordered my Alky kit. I am hoping for 24 psi. with no knock.:D
    [size=10px]RMR Downpipe, Cat-Back, Hard Pipe<br />AEM Short Ram Kit, Clutch Masters Stage III, Cusco braces front and rear, Evo &amp; tail lights JVC Head Unit &amp; Changer Turbo Timer, Apex Silver, HKS Cams, Buschur MBC, Buschur AEFC-II, Works Emotions, One of a kind monster FMIC, SWorks Epic on custom bike rack[/size]

does anyone know where to get high octane gasa near covina?
    チャックスピード

Quote Originally Posted by Skiracer
    Here's how to calculate mixing different octanes of gas together. STICKY THIS!
    http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.co...alculator.html

Kudos to Dr. Gray for showing me this site!

Wasn't this already a sticky somewhere?
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Myevo8
    interesting
    Im watching you
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

can you mix leaded and unleaded? What is the best way to mix?
    VTEC.... All the lag, without the boost. It&#039;s like waiting for bad sex.

Leaded gas will ruin a catalytic converter for sure and it damages o2 sensors by causing them to get "leaded" up or coated with residue left from burning leaded fuel. I am not the expert here but back when they still sold leaded gas it was said that the leaded gas lubricated valves better and the cars that ran unleaded had to have hardened valve seats. I was pretty young but this is how I remember it.* In motorcycles I used to mix c16 with unleaded but there was no cat and no 02 sensor. I love the smell* O0

Hi,

I just recently moved from Georgia to Texas. In Georgia I was able to get 93 octane and now in texas I'm only able to get 91 octane. My ECU is flashed for 93 octane. My tune in from Jestr. I use lucas octane boost every time I get fuel. Can this cause my engine to ping? Thanks.

You could email your tuner and ask him or you could log your car for knock sum. My guess is you might have knock. I will reserve my comments about the tuner. without logging for knock you will never know for sure. As far as the Lucas it only raises Octane in thenths and not whole numbers so you might be getting 91.5 octane or something like that.