Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Price Watch

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!

Gas Price Watch

Use this thread to post where you can find the cheapest gas stations or stations having special sales.

North of Chapman on Brookhurst in Anaheim is pretty cheap most of the stations there.

Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Re: Gas Price Watch

if ur in sgv area...i always get 76 at corner of shorb n atlantic... a little bit north from atlantic n valley

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

2.87 for 91 in paramout

Rosecrans and Garfield ave

Chevron

I just talke to a manager of the gas station we use to put gas in our dealer and as of tomorrow he going to increase gas to $3.30 for 87. He got word that that everyone should expect an increse anywhere from .30 to .45 cents tomorrow. $40.00 to fill up my tank at 3.05
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer2169
    I just talke to a manager of the gas station we use to put gas in our dealer and as of tomorrow he going to increase gas to $3.30 for 87. He got word that that everyone should expect an increse anywhere from .30 to .45 cents tomorrow. $40.00 to fill up my tank at 3.05
    Over 3 bucks for 87?? WTF... I would boycott that station...
    Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Since racegas prices seem unaffected, i tried to see if mixing 105 and 87 octane to equal 91 octane would be more beneficial than filling up on 91 octane. Here are my results assuming the gas prices on the pic above and 105 octane cost $7.50 at my local station:

10.9 gallons of 87 X $3.25/gallon = $35.42
    3.1 gallons of 105 X $7.50/gallon = $23.25

TOTALS
    14 gallons* * 91 octane* * * * * * * * *=$58.67

Or 14 gallons of 91 X $3.45/gallon = $48.30

So, still looks like its cheaper to buy straight up 91 octane than to mix at the time being...
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

costco in garden grove!!!!
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

ok so last night i spent 40 bucks to fill up my gas tank and today i had to put gas for a client's car and sure enough gas jumped up almost .45 cents. $3.28 for 87 and $3.45 for 91. This sucks. i think i'm getting a bus pass. Or maybe we should figure who works close to each other and we should set up carpools cuz this really blows

or we could just go to the corporate offices of these oil companies and
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

I filled up at 76 in Agoura Hills. $4.59 for 100 octane sounds reasonable nowadays.
    - 03' white USDM EVO8

or we could just go to the corporate offices of these oil companies and
    beating up a bunch of arabs wont be take too kindly, you'll probably be tried for racial hate crimes with that reverse descrimination and all

dang and i just got an email showing one of the oil companies owner's home. basically it looks like a 5 star hotel, and they have only the nicest cars (BMW 7s, S class MBZ) and lots of them
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

for the IE people

76 @ tippicanoe and redlands blvd is at 2.88 for 91
    they're always the cheapest around this area
    www.speedelement.com<br />www.500whp.com<br />www.weaksauce.org<br />

Quote Originally Posted by EVOate909
    for the IE people

76 @ tippicanoe and redlands blvd is at 2.88 for 91
    they're always the cheapest around this area
    right now its 2.88?

It was 2.88 yesterday @ 76 in diamond bar blvd.
    [size=14px]Stay away from Dynoflash if you don't want get screwed.[/size]
    <br />

i paid 2.89 monday night after the meet as i crused in on fumes. same station this morning was 3.10

.21 in 3 days

better than in some parts of the country though
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

gasbuddy.com and gaspricewatch.com have worked for me. They both seem to say the say thing, "garden grove has the cheapest gas in the OC."
    <br />+1<br />Great Price!<br /> O0<br /><br />Need I say anything else?

The price of gas is so high. It hurts so bad that after awhile it is only a number.

just keep on driving. Boost happy :D
    Tavis Tan<br />Jaz Wheels<br />714-521-3888

I'll post this here rather then starting a new thread.

There are a few ways you can more or less cheat a gas station, save gas and money spent on it.

Cheaper gas anywhere:
    1. Use a credit card that gives you cash back on gas purchases.
    * Citibank gives an instant 10% rebate on gas purchase. Discover offers 5% or more and so do a few other cards.
    2. Purchase/Use gas rebate cards. Check around with your local HS, because they frequently send kids door to door with gas cards, rather then magazines and candy.
    * Cards are normally good only @ one specific station. I'm fairly certain I've seen shell cards going around.
    3. By cheap gas
    * Every gas station aside from Arcco get's their gas from exactly the same place/container. Then they add their concentrates (same thing as their company fuel injection cleaner) to the mix. So why pay more for the same thing?

Save Gas:
    1. Don't top off.
    * Typically topped off gas will evaporate before it gets to your tank, plus you risk it spilling on your just washed paint.
    2. A/C
    * Rolling your windows down may create enough drag to waste more gas then your AC, so you can either swelter in the heat, or enjoy a cool breeze. It's up to you.
    3. Run the lowests octane possible
    * This isn't applicable to evos, but for other cars, you don't always get the best bang for your buck running Premium. Run the lower octane possible as suggested by the cars owners manual.

Good luck,

Blaze

To add:

You could also increase your tire pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by kimletrim
    To add:

You could also increase your tire pressure.
    Yes, along with making certain you keep your car in proper running order. Spark plugs, oil changes....fixing that leak in your gas tank....

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

You can also remove the subwoofahs in the trunk

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast