Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: peace and quiet (mini rant and feedback)

peace and quiet (mini rant and feedback)

What are the restrictions for getting in here?* must have 1,000 posts? why dont we push that higher so that we dont have to deal with all the people who have been here barely a year and now think they are OG and should run the board.* Look the all the people in the OG thread (I am not OG and would never claim to be) half of them in that thread joined after me.

Also Could we do joined date to to let guys like Senshi in? maybe 1500 or 1750 posts or joined by Jan 1 2004?*

That way we could have piece and quiet, not deal with ethugs and not deal with the people who yell at them as well. (Chris excluded threats deserve discussion)
    Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Re: peace and quiet (mini rant and feedback)

sounds good
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

mike, of course it sounds good because you would be included.

how bout a 3000+ forum?

but on a serious suggestion, is there some way we could include meet attendance into this selective forum. this would really weed out the eThugs
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

Only problem I see with this ...there are a lot of post whores with high post counts regardless if their information is worthwhile or not. Hell look at me I have been here since the very beginning but still don't have 1000 posts. Maybe we should just base this forum off of joined date. :twisted:
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

Quote Originally Posted by ErroR
    Only problem I see with this ...there are a lot of post whores with high post counts regardless if their information is worthwhile or not.* Hell look at me I have been here since the very beginning but still don't have 1000 posts.* Maybe we should just base this forum off of joined date. :twisted:
    You guys can do what you choose with this forum. I'd like to make this point. So yah im way over a 1000 posts since bought my evo only 6 months ago. Although i have been following this site since 2003 when i had a tough time making a decision betwen the Evo and the STi. Unfortunately for me i chose the suby first time around, i continued to build it as well as follow these forums, however not posting, for what reason, i didn't own an evo. Anyhow that is the past, my suby days are behind me. I fell i came onto this scene pretty strong, GENREC is a household name ( ) now and the OC crew , 909 crew , etc...all know im down to earth.

With that said, i'd like to say that it seems like ONLY 6 months ago when i joined it was totally different around here. There seemed to be alot more knowlegable people, nicer people, and i felt i was at home in an instant. And learned alot quick!

But it seems to me in the past few months there has been many new members here, who are absoultely horrible!! Thugs, punks, tards, asking the same shit over and over, not reading, thugging online.
    It is just a differnt atmospher as of late, and i think you would all agree.

Somebody tell me if you think i am to far off here?? Does nobody else see or feel this?

Quote Originally Posted by ErroR
    Maybe we should just base this forum off of joined date. :twisted:
    +1 * And the suggested date of 1 Jan 04 is a good one... *If anyone wants to come in from a later date, it could be on a case by case basis.

Your post count doesn't qualify you for jack imo. Contributing to the board and providing real info are what we need more of, not fools tryin to raise their post count by putting "+1, +2" and clogging the board with meaningless posts. I think these posts should all be deleted and the users need to actually contribute by saying something meanful.
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-&nbsp; www.mccomsey.net/evo

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

i think it should be based on whether the mods want them in or not. some of the ethugs (thugline being one) joined in 04, which negates any date-related limitation.

Sportback Evolution MR

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Your post count doesn't qualify you for jack imo.* Contributing to the board and providing real info are what we need more of, not fools tryin to raise their post count by putting "+1, +2" and clogging the board with meaningless posts.* I think these posts should all be deleted and the users need to actually contribute by saying something meanful.
    If you are talking to me, that is fine.....if i can't post in here, that is also fine with me. Im saying the boards are alot diffent as of late. A new breed of owners, that are lets say not kosher.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

or maybe by " invitation only "
    IMO using the 1000 posts mark seperates most of the noobs, and allow for discussions that can be interesting and not something that has been cover before.
    Also remember that as SocalEvo.net grows, you will get weird characters and people that don't appreciate what socal really is. That will always happen with any board that receives a good amount of members. As we grow into a larger community, we need to filter what it's useful and we can dispose of...
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    or maybe by " invitation only "
    IMO using the 1000 posts mark seperates most of the noobs, and allow for discussions that can be interesting and not something that has been cover before.
    Also remember that as SocalEvo.net grows, you will get weird characters and people that don't appreciate what socal really is. That will always happen with any board that receives a good amount of members. As we grow into a larger community, we need to filter what it's useful and we can dispose of...
    I completely agree, how could invitation only go wrong?

There is alot that can be decided and figured out about who can and can't post here. First off, Mark and Dave are spot on. The real meat and potatos here is whether or not a member has contributed anything worth while on the boards. We all are guilty (for lack of a better term) of being a post whore every now and then. The only real way to determine who should be allowed to post here is those that we as a group can decide on. If we go by join date, members like Jeff would be excluded and that is not a good thing. I think we should each put together a list of the five members we would most like to invite into the "Special Club" that is available.

Anyone else have some suggestions?
    [move][/move]

Quote Originally Posted by hksevo8
    There is alot that can be decided and figured out about who can and can't post here. First off, Mark and Dave are spot on. The real meat and potatos here is whether or not a member has contributed anything worth while on the boards. We all are guilty (for lack of a better term) of being a post whore every now and then. The only real way to determine who should be allowed to post here is those that we as a group can decide on. If we go by join date, members like Jeff would be excluded and that is not a good thing. I think we should each put together a list of the five members we would most like to invite into the "Special Club" that is available.

That would work, also possibly an application type of deal?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoPwr
    There is alot that can be decided and figured out about who can and can't post here.* First off, Mark and Dave are spot on.* The real meat and potatos here is whether or not a member has contributed anything worth while on the boards.* We all are guilty (for lack of a better term) of being a post whore every now and then.* The only real way to determine who should be allowed to post here is those that we as a group can decide on.* If we go by join date, members like Jeff would be excluded and that is not a good thing.* I think we should each put together a list of the five members we would most like to invite into the "Special Club" that is available.

Yes and a fee..

Quote Originally Posted by genrec
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoPwr

Yes and a fee..
    Talk to Renzo?

Damn you bastards take the invite only idea as your own when I brought that up a week ago. Let me weed out the losers I guarrantee we will get rid of the worthlessness on this board. Dave is borderline, Ill have to think about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster87
    Damn you bastards take the invite only idea as your own when I brought that up a week ago. Let me weed out the losers I guarrantee we will get rid of the worthlessness on this board. Dave is borderline, Ill have to think about that one.
    be nice to me or I will stand in a corner and cry.
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

i've been a member of this forum for a little while and granted i postwhore quite a bit. personally, i think this should be available to those who dont waste other's time. i totally agree with previous posts leaving these kind of decisions to mods and admin. they work hard in maintaining the site and naturally, should be make these decisions. postcount and the date when someone joined shouldnt have anything to do with it. some people have been members for years and have never posted and/or for 2-3 months and have 1000 posts already. some people may think it may be unfair and whatnot, but ultimately they make the site what it is so whatever they decide i will stand behind even if that means people like me wont be included.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

i believe peeps like
    Scot G.
    Senshi (ellijah)
    Knower
    Nam
    should be allow to post in this section
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!

You bitches can want all you want, when you come in and actually code the code to make the forum do what you are requesting then maybe it'll be implemented... till then... it's all just a big wishlist... haha

Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast