Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Where to Buy Race Gas

cool blue 76

Has anyone else experienced a higher price at the pump (76 stations) lately? The 100 I buy periodically went up 90 cents per gallon!

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by kashikoi
    that 76 in pasadena (at end of arroyo freeway) sells 92 (and 100 of course).. call me crazy, but i really feel a difference between 91 and 92, and honestly i don't need 100 (and it wasn't that much different than 92 other than being expensive as sh**; stock evo here btw)..

i'm in torrance though.. anyone know of a gas station that sells 92 in torrance, or at least closer to torrance than pasadena?

thx in advance..
    You are crazy, chances are they dont sell 92, they just never changed their stickers from back in the day.
    Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Where to Buy Race Gas

^^

well then they must have some outdated stickers because it says "92"..

is it like illegal in ca or something? even when they sell 100 in some places? i don't get it.. seems like people think 92 is banned from ca or something.. i dunno, is it?

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Where to Buy Race Gas

You should contact 76 directly to see if that particular station does indeed use 92
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
    the 03 owners manual say's to use a minimum of 98 octane
    in the us? that can't be right
    I thought they were talking about 98 RON not 98 octane.

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by leaveit2bevo
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8VTEC
    the 03 owners manual say's to use a minimum of 98 octane
    in the us? that can't be right
    I thought they were talking about 98 RON not 98 octane.
    here it is exactly, see if you can see a differance in what Mitsubishi is saying about octane and RON.

Octane Requirement
    "Your vehicle is designed to operate on premium grade unleaded gasoline having a minimum ocatane rating of 98 RON. If premium grade unleaded gasoline is not available, unleaded gasoline having an octane rating of 87 [(MON + RON)/2], or 91 RON may be used temporarily. However, the performance level may be reduced.
    MON: Motor Octane Number
    RON: Research Octane Number
    &quot; A fry short of a Happy Meal&quot;

Where to Buy Race Gas

My favorite gas station, Alliance Gas at Sherman Way and Woodley Ave. in Van Nuys has raised the price of Trick 101 octane to $4.499. That is acutally a great bargain these days.

But the good thing is that they have had that price for quite some time despite the gradual increase in prices of 91 and >.

Where to Buy Race Gas

The good thing about race gas is it is made batches at a time. So if the price would change it would be like every 3 months. Not every day like our pee water 91.
    <br />Best 1/4 mile 11.95 @ 114.73mph 1.767 60&#039; stock 05 turbo<br /><br />Best 1/8 mile 7.641 @ 90.95mph 1.667 60&#039;<br /><br />www.tuningtechnologies.net<br />For all your tuning needs.<br /><br />www.pba.com

Where to Buy Race Gas

I can get 55 gallon barrels cheap :D

They have a 106 UNLEADED too... Should work out to around 4 something a gallon...
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-&nbsp; www.mccomsey.net/evo

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Where to Buy Race Gas

Are you running pump gas at all for daily commuting??
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    I can get 55 gallon barrels cheap :D

They have a 106 UNLEADED too... Should work out to around 4 something a gallon...
    are you planing on getting a 55 gallon barrel of unleaded fuel ???
    i wouldn't mind from time to time buying some from you mark, as long as it's unleaded (since leaded fuel is not cat friendly :? )
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR

Where to Buy Race Gas

So with this MON/RON shit, our cars are supposed to run on 98octane? We drive that much of a specialty car that we need special gas? 98 is a big jump from 91. No? I guess I haven't really driven my Evo if I've only put 91 in it.
    RRE Stage 1+ eleventeen Dr. Gray Empty Stomach Tune

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by kashikoi
    that 76 in pasadena (at end of arroyo freeway) sells 92 (and 100 of course).. call me crazy, but i really feel a difference between 91 and 92, and honestly i don't need 100 (and it wasn't that much different than 92 other than being expensive as sh**; stock evo here btw)..

i'm in torrance though.. anyone know of a gas station that sells 92 in torrance, or at least closer to torrance than pasadena?

thx in advance..
    I filled up there yesturday! and the 92 looks like an old sticker! it was the same price as the 91, I think it is just plain old 91! 100 is $5.95 per gallon! I filled up, for $80 Cool huh!

<br />
    <br />Check out the Lancer Owners Club of North America
    <br />
    <br />

deebrown1

race gas

my buddy works for porterfield racing in OC, they have 111 octane on tap...

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Where to Buy Race Gas

Anybody know where i can find race gas around Diamond Bar/Walnut area?

Where to Buy Race Gas

Just bought some Trick 101 at the DeSoto and Vanowen. It was like $5.20 a gallon or something. I'll check out the one on SHerman Way and Woodley. I did go to the 76 off the Chesboro exit (right by the on ramp to 101 South/East). It was only $4.49 for 100 octane. Seems like a better price to me :)
    Subaru owners are a bunch of vaginas --Forced Performance on NASIOC

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Where to Buy Race Gas

What cities are those in? I'm not too familiar with the Diamond Bar/Walnut area. if you have a street address, even better!

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by atlvalet
    Just bought some Trick 101 at the DeSoto and Vanowen. It was like $5.20 a gallon or something. I'll check out the one on SHerman Way and Woodley. I did go to the 76 off the Chesboro exit (right by the on ramp to 101 South/East). It was only $4.49 for 100 octane. Seems like a better price to me :)
    last time I asked the chesboro 76 dosent carry it anymore.

Where to Buy Race Gas

Alliance Gas at Sherman Way and Woodley Ave. in Van Nuys is at $4.499/gal. now for 101 Trick. I go there about once a week. Sorry about deleting the original post on this thread (and most of my other posts here, followed by :P ) but I got sick of being treated by an alien by the trolls here, led by alex_alex.

There is a 76 Station in La Habra called Cosby Oil that is selling 100 for $4.999 as of last week.
    Sponsored by Chapter 7 Racing -- We&#039;re Bankrupt!<br /><br />2000 Formula Mazda - race car<br />1992 NSX Coupe - street and track<br />2006 Evo IX MR - daily driver<br />2002 Jaguar Vanden Plas - luxo-cruiser

Where to Buy Race Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO
    alex

Your authority as King of the Trolls is beyond question. Where do you buy your 100 octane gas?

if im coming home from school, i'll usually just hop on the 110 up to Pasadena, the 76 station right where the freeway ends

if im going to my parents house in San Dimas, i stop by the 76 off of Citrus and the 10 freeway

if im going to Krispy Kreme, or headed up to a track event, i'll stop by the place on Sherman Way just west of the 405
    <br /><br />www.trojanmotorsports.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast