Thread: anybody heard of this turbo

anybody heard of this turbo

anybody heard of this turbo or used it?

http://www.pt-performance.com/showPr...&cID=9&pID=162
    SST, Super Stock Turbo!!!

The big wheel option for those that don't want to go with a bigger turbo kit.

Several have hit 400 WHP with this and some are getting close to 450 WHP. Specs for this unit are:

49 lb per hour wheel
    Turbine clip that gives a 1.68 pressure ratio at 24 psi
    Ceramic coated cover
    Rebuilt units with new bearings

Here is your option from going big turbo or putting the strain on the stocker. We keep these instock so you don't have to send us your unit and have down time, this works out the best for you.

Could we make it any better? Yes, how about a 3" inlet for your turbo? Yes a 3" bell mouth inlet that really wakes up the EVO's. We have seen a gain of 18 WHP with the inlet alone and that was with just silicone on the intake, no real SRI to speak of mated up to this option. With a SRI of some sort we feel that the inlet would show gains up to and over 20 WHP.
    FP red,kelford cams, methanol, boltons. tuned by reese tuning 411awhp 389tq on mustang dyno

Experienced

Re: anybody heard of this turbo

looks interesting and the price is right. Curious to see other comments from people that know something about this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenJ
    looks interesting and the price is right. Curious to see other comments from people that know something about this.
    yea. they make good power for SRT-4's. just wanted to see if i should try.
    FP red,kelford cams, methanol, boltons. tuned by reese tuning 411awhp 389tq on mustang dyno

this is an interesting turbo to say the least....

alot cheaper then the green. i think im going to try this..

:?
    Send them an email and see if they can give more information then that; specifically the inducer and extucer diameters on the compressor wheel.
    I'm suspecting a 20g wheel (in. 52.6mm/ex. 68mm) and the surge is handled by the clipping.
    Who knows? We'll see.
    If it doesn't make power, it's not worth the hour.

hey if you try it out. lets see what it can do.
    "No mission too difficult, No sacrifice too great"

try it out and post up info
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Small Minds Discuss People

be our guinea pig!! :) dooooo iiiiiiiit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timemasheen
    be our guinea pig!! :) dooooo iiiiiiiit!!!!
    lol. im going to when i get paid. i'll post up my results.

I'll follow this with interest too. I'd like a green, but don't want to spend that much money, even for a used one.

So they'll take a crummy old 8 turbo w/ 9.8 hotside and turn it into this? More info would be cool.

that looks pretty intresting
    WTB: jdm 7 tails

Quote Originally Posted by batdorf9
    I'll follow this with interest too. I'd like a green, but don't want to spend money on a green, even a used one.

So they'll take a crummy old 8 turbo w/ 9.8 hotside and turn it into this? More info would be cool.
    thats the same boat im in.we shall see. my mods will be, sst turbo, injectors,head studs,meth,fuel pump, 02 housing,ported exhaust mani,turbo, intake mani,tb.

pikadosboy

interesting

this is PTP they are used by alot of the SRT4 guys, they make good products. i got a few skittle buddies running their products. good shit!
    RallInspired/RRE///EDOPerformance/ Tamioka racing. Volk// JICmagic// GSC// Cusco// AEM// Mishimoto// AMS// Sparco// Tein// APR// Buschur// ARC// Moneypit :mitsu: www.hellafunctional.com/

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9

Quote Originally Posted by pikadosboy
    interesting

+1
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    Too Many!

SRT-4's are already stroked at 2.5 Litre. So response in theory would be much better than a 2.0 Litre with this turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by FUEL
    SRT-4's are already stroked at 2.5 Litre. So response in theory would be much better than a 2.0 Litre with this turbo.
    u mean 2.4...
    RallInspired/RRE///EDOPerformance/ Tamioka racing. Volk// JICmagic// GSC// Cusco// AEM// Mishimoto// AMS// Sparco// Tein// APR// Buschur// ARC// Moneypit :mitsu: www.hellafunctional.com/