Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tire survey results & tire rotation tips

Evo Guru

Re: tire survey results & tire rotation tips

Quote Originally Posted by silvery_eagle
    ?
    advans tires are able to switch left to right.. u just need to unmount the tires from the wheel during the process... to match the direction.
    That's what I figured and was just looking for a confirmation. Next rotation, i'm going to get that done.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Directional for rain use only...tire doesnt have a asymetrical tread just rain gutters are asymetrical

Quote Originally Posted by robi
    Directional for rain use only...tire doesnt have a asymetrical tread just rain gutters are asymetrical
    thats super good to know, i'm gonna rotate all around after the rain season.
    FS: OEM GSR 18&quot; wheels<br />FS: OEM GSR F&amp;R sway bars<br />FS: OEM GSR springs<br />FS: OEM Lancer GTS 18&quot; wheels

Evo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robi
    Definitely interesting. Thanks for the info!
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Terry-
    you can rotate the tires as the diagram posted, it requires for you to un mounted the tire tho.. an to answer your questions, yes! i have done it several times on my advans (previous 03 evo) whihc reminds me, i need to get it done on my car at the moment.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

hey goku where do you got it done? how much they charge you?
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

Mulholland

1. Could someone explain this to me?...Is this recommending the first change, the next, etc.?

2. Which changes require dismount and which do not?

(given I went through the stock Advans in 4,500 and 615s in 8000, I must be doing something very very wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by mulholland
    1. Could someone explain this to me?...Is this recommending the first change, the next, etc.?

2. Which changes require dismount and which do not?
    1. Yes.

2. Pic 1, 3, 4, and 5 require dismount of the tires from the rims. Pic 2 does not.

The only rotation you can do with the Advans without removing the tires from the rims is front to back and back to front, same side of the car only.

If you want to swap sides then you need to dismount the tires from the rims and remount them.

Quote Originally Posted by mulholland
    (given I went through the stock Advans in 4,500 and 615s in 8000, I must be doing something very very wrong)
    Watch "Days Of Thunder" if you can suffer through it. Harry Hogge will tell you.

-nurb2-

Put Michelin Pilot Sport PS-2 on after the Advans. There ride is dramatically more comfortable. I can even drive to LA (or Vegas) without suffering.
    However, they are scary in turns - feel wobbly. I think they were designed for very low aspect ratios on big wheeled (19" or 20") BMWs and Porches.
    So great for comfort on 17" - ideal for 18" or 19" wheels.

PS2's need about 3 psi more per tire than the Advans. If properly inflated, they are great in turns. Too little pressure and they roll over easily. At least in stock size.

-nurb2-

I have >3 psi over "standard" pressure - still wobbly (but comfy).

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER
    Put Michelin Pilot Sport PS-2 on after the Advans.... So great for comfort on 17" - ideal for 18" or 19" wheels.
    My S4 has 18" wheels, so there is probably something to that. I love the PS2s...

I have the yokohama avs es 100 but there al right but im thinking of getting new ones which ones are good and low priced cuz im on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    I have the yokohama avs es 100 but there al right but im thinking of getting new ones which ones are good and low priced cuz im on a budget
    what's your budget?
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

well it depends just about like 500 for everything

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Wicked White / 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage to Evo V Conversion

Hi I'm currently in the process of buying new tires for some new wheels that I'm getting. The wheels are Volk LE28ns and are 18 x 8.5 in size. I'm trying to find a Tire that is like the Stock Advans. I'm trying to stay in the stock tire size of Yoko's (245/45/17) but for 18's instead. Oh also the tires are for everyday use and not for any track events. Thanks for the help.

Also I guess I'm new to Tire shoping because I have no idea what the XL Means? I saw some PS2's that were 245/40/18 XL :?

PS: From the little I have gathered from this threed I was thinking PS2's but want to hear others options on what I should maybe be looking at. Since I have another set of wheels and tires also I can save up to buy tires. Because when it comes to tires their is no price limit if it keeps you safe. Thanks again.*
    SHAKE AND BAKE

if you want tires like the advans your going to be disapointed with the ps2, the falked RT-615 are a good choice or if you want to go all out get the advan neova.

this tire also has an excellent rating and tread wear

Results based on 518 submissions of our online tire survey.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ce+T%2FA+KDW+2
    Check out The Kip Report www.thekipreport.com<br /><br />GET THE INSIDE SCOOP ON HOT RIDES AND THE little THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN GETTING A DREAM CAR!

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Wicked White / 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage to Evo V Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by leaveit2bevo
    if you want tires like the advans your going to be disapointed with the ps2, the falked RT-615 are a good choice or if you want to go all out get the advan neova.
    Does Tire Rack have Falked RT-615 listed? I cant seem to find em on there
    SHAKE AND BAKE

Quote Originally Posted by kipper215
    this tire also has an excellent rating and tread wear

Results based on 518 submissions of our online tire survey.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ce+T%2FA+KDW+2
    Same tires I have on my car 235/40/18 put over 10k miles on it they don't stick as well as the stock advans but great in the wet and rides quieter and I have put over 10k miles on them and the tread hasn't worn down. *Great tires for everyday use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast