Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

tire survey results & tire rotation tips

all the results have been obtain from www.tirerack.com

Max Performance Summer

here is the link to my gallery for a better view
    http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/u...ey%202%7E0.jpg

this graph helps for tire rotation, obtaining the most out of your tires

''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Re: tire survey results

Nice link. O0

I've had the top two on the list. GS-D3's on an RSX Type-S and the PS2's on my last Evo. GS-D3's were good, but I never considered them for the Evo because they are very mushy and roll over in hard cornering. The PS2's are mushy compared to the Advans, but they are much better than the Goodyears. IMO, most people in SoCal can throw out the wet traction & hydroplane resistance categories. The BF Goodrich T/A KD's look great in the important Evo categories ... I'll probably try those or go with the PS2's or Advans again next time I need tires.

-nurb2-

Cars

KD's on the evo are a great choice for a street tire... a bit more of tread wear vs the stock a046 advans
    200 tread wear vs 160 (stock) also once the tires are at there peak cycle, they will out perform the stock advans.. Robi ran faster times with the KDs then advans..
    They also have a better tire selection,
    if you want to go from a 235 series to a 245 or 255/40/17 tire...
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Where's the T1R's? They are awesome on my gf's MB!
    どうも!ハード・ゲイです!フォー !

currenty fastest street tire out there.. the Yoko Neova

really? I'm hearing mixed reviews on the neovas. some say they rock, some say they're a sloppy downgrade from A046s. I'd get them if I knew they were better than the azenis RT-615.

On the Buschur C&D car we ran KD's 255 he went to Neovas and dropped 4 tenths at his next tip to the dragstrip...they were even better under braking..PS at the KD vs stock Big willow event 265 KD's vs 235 advans Kds .5 second faster...thats all.

so they're grippy, but how do they "feel"? is turn in still sharp? are they better than the RT615?

Good post, Im in the market for tires right now

how would the toyo ra1s and the advanes we use stack up? i'm looking at new wheels and tires, looks like goodyear F1s are going to be a good choice for daily driving.
    FS: OEM GSR 18&quot; wheels<br />FS: OEM GSR F&amp;R sway bars<br />FS: OEM GSR springs<br />FS: OEM Lancer GTS 18&quot; wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Assault Vehicle
    how would the toyo ra1s and the advanes we use stack up? i'm looking at new wheels and tires, looks like goodyear F1s are going to be a good choice for daily driving.
    ra1's for track, falken azenis rt-615, michelin ps2's, bfg kd's for everyday...
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by j_nizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Assault Vehicle
    ra1's for track, falken azenis rt-615, michelin ps2's, bfg kd's for everyday...
    actually RA1 and BFG KD's are great for track, but in wet weahter it freaking scary. the Michelin and falken are great tire for both world.
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Tuning, Installation, Services/maintenance[/size]<br /><br />[quote author=wj4 link=topic=2189.msg6822683#msg6822683 date=1156809182]<br />yes charlie will drive your car as if he was playing it on gran turismo 4. but there is no restart button.[/quote]<br />[quote author=robi link=topic=33026.msg6896425#msg6896425 date=1165355690]<br /> racing is about WHO shows up.........not who talks later.<br />[/quote]

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by robi
    On the Buschur C&D car we ran KD's 255 he went to Neovas and dropped 4 tenths at his next tip to the dragstrip...they were even better under braking..PS at the KD vs stock Big willow event 265 KD's vs 235 advans Kds .5 second faster...thats all.
    so the best tire you like sooo far are the neovas, hmmmm i might look into them.. i notice that they score very well in the tire rack results...
    might be my next tire.. thanks for the input robi

Re: tire survey results & tire rotation tips

The Neovas are interesting, but I haven't tried them. Of all the tires I've used, the PS2 is the best so far. Tons of grip, quiet, great in the rain...

Evo Guru

Ya know, I just had my tires off a few weekends ago, and I was noticing something. I know that the stock advans are directional tires, but can they be swapped from left to right as well? I didn't notice an outside/inside to the tire pattern and each sidewall has the same stuff on it...

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS
    Ya know, I just had my tires off a few weekends ago, and I was noticing something. I know that the stock advans are directional tires, but can they be swapped from left to right as well? I didn't notice an outside/inside to the tire pattern and each sidewall has the same stuff on it...

Terry S
    No.

-nurb2-

Quote Originally Posted by Chris in SD
    The Neovas are interesting, but I haven't tried them. Of all the tires I've used, the PS2 is the best so far. Tons of grip, quiet, great in the rain...
    +1. PS2's are great tires.

-nurb2-

Cars

Terry S
    notice the diagram i posted on the first page in regards of tire rotation, with the advans you are able to do that; if you want the most life out of the tire.
    PS2 tires have been discuss before, there ok... Senshi had them but no where near the KDs ..

Evo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4

Terry S
    notice the diagram i posted on the first page in regards of tire rotation, with the advans you are able to do that; if you want the most life out of the tire.
    PS2 tires have been discuss before, there ok... Senshi had them but no where near the KDs ..
    So I got a no and a yes. Did you ever swap sides on your Advans Goku?

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

?
    advans tires are able to switch left to right.. u just need to unmount the tires from the wheel during the process... to match the direction.
    [size=20pt]*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast