Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BETWEEN PROJECT GEN AND I...

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BETWEEN PROJECT GEN AND I...

a lot has come to my attention in the last few days and i have come to the realization that this needs to be brought to the surface and exposed for everyone to see...

as all of you know, i bought a turbo kit from full-race motorsports in which i had planned to install myself with a "friend" of mine named garry who just so happens to own Project GEN. the facts surrounding the who/what/when/where mystery is very simple. i brought my stuff in to project gen early at around 10am about three weeks ago. so there i went...ripping things out of my car, uninstalling the crap out of the stock turbo. after only one day i began seeing things that i hadnt known from before. the shop was only being opened 2-3 hours a day at the max. the real mechanics started showing up at 9-10pm at night only when they had installs planned for customers. anyhow...there were days that would go by in the week where i couldnt touch my car or let alone get into the shop cuz no one would be there to open it, for whatever reason. and thats all fine and dandy but when im trying to get my car outta there as fast as possible, this doesnt help me in any way.

there was an incident in the middle of me installing my turbo at project gen where his lift broke with my car up 10 feet up in the air!! now, i dont know about any of you but if you saw your car stuck up in the air for about a week with nothing being done about it, what would you do??? my thoughts exactly. there are ppl who are friends of mine who say, to this day, that they would never allow their car to be put on that lift that my car was on, and i dont blame them. anyhow, this further delayed my install for another week. finally, when i was there, i couldnt take it anymore and took it upon myself to play with the lift myself, luckily for me and my car, the left side of the lift broke free and we were back in business once again.

everything was goin great after the lift was miraculously fixed, it was almost done, except for one fabrication job that i needed to be done. so i let garry take it to a neighboring exhaust/muffler shop directly behind his shop to help fabricate the lower intercooler piping for me. so we took my car over there and it came back in working order at a quick glance. now that i have more time and can see things more closely, that hack job was amateur, at best. all that was done was my nisei lower ic pipe was cut and a 4" peice of steel 2.5" tubing was placed in between the cut nisei pipe and the turbo compressor outlet via hose couplers and clamps. NO WELDING DONE AT ALL!!! if anyone would like to see it, id be more than happy to show you. anyhow, there was also a problem with my dumptube sitting very close to my radiator and touching the lower ic pipe. so again garry had the same exhaust guy weld a 2" long peice of 2" piping on to my already existing dumptube to elongate it further so that it wouldnt dump onto my lower ic pipe! ok cool, everything bolts up tight. the welding job that was done cost $20, quoted directly from the mouth of the person who welded it for me. he also welded a v-band flange for me onto the end of my test pipe to allow my custom downpipe to match up perfectly, also costing $20, again directly from his mouth. thus far totalling $40 worth of welding done total!!

during this whole install, i figured that the installation of my downpipe would be so much easier if i'd cut the top portion of my downpipe to makeshift a o2 housing, so to speak. so i took my downpipe over to Tuning Technologies and they did it for me so fast that i couldnt beleive. you guys should see the welding job on this o2 housing man, its gorgeous...brings a tear to my eye. anyhow, so there i went with my two-peice downpipe to project gen to complete the install.

there was more complication concerning the o2 sensor bung that was welded for me and the positioning of it, but since this is irrelevant to my story, ill skip it. anyhow, i finished up the install and i go to fire up my car and notice that my key had been left in the ON position the whole duration of my car being up on the lift. now my understanding is, since i didnt turn the key to the ON position, its not my fault. i put the keys inside the cubby holder in my car before i left it when it was on the ground! anywayz, i had to replace the mini-battery with a brand new odyssey pc680 (as recommended by GT40). so once again, my car had to spend another couple days dead. finally i came in with the new mini-battery that i paid $140 for, i put it in and plugged the old o2 sensor bung with a plug and bam, my car was done!! FINALLY!! steve (volcomguy) was there the afternoon i finally was able to drive my car away and so was chris (chuckdashi). we were outside for a while laughing and talking about my car and how it was finally finished. so we all got into our cars and went home for the day.

just so everyone knows, i did 95% of the labor my-damn-self, and you can ask anyone from the 626 meets and anyone that just so happened to drop by, they'll tell you that everytime they came, I WAS WORKING ON MY CAR!!! I WAS WORKING ON MY FKING GODDAMN CAR...I WAS, ME GODDAMNIT!! the other 5% im accounting for is when steve would help me every now and then.

so let me get down to the nitty gritty...garry asked me for $950.00 US dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    let me remind you that there was a mutual agreement between "friends" that i would take care of him and help him out with the electricity bill since i was using his lift sometimes (aside from the days that it spent when the lift was broken).

there are countless shops that i had obtained quotes from to see how much it would cost to install a turbo. this is if i had dropped off the car and had the shop do EVERYTHING and i got numbers anywhere from 200-400 dollars. NOT 950 motherfuckin dollars!!!! wtf is included in the 950 dollars garry??? we talked on the phone when you originally asked me for the ridiculous amount...and what did i tell you?? i said..."youre joking right?"
    you know why i said that, cuz it is a joke bro. and here i thought we were buddies, i guess not.

anyhow, today i get a phone call from officer price of the glendora police dept telling me that a report had been filed that i had driven away with my vehicle without paying!!! he told me that "project gen" said that i showed up, took my keys and drove off without anyone knowing!!! AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    you've gotta be fking kidding me man. next subject.

i told him the REAL story on what had happened with the whole situation. we went ahead and came to an agreement. but what really gets me ticked off, is that we had an agreement to sit down like grown adults and talk about it over some beers at the local pub this weekend. you can see how shocked i was to hear a policeman calling my cell phone tell me all this garbage and LIES.

the fact of the matter remains, i never EVER said im not paying nothing, zero. all i said was that was unreasonable and i wouldnt pay 950 ever!!! not for the welding that was done which totalled in $40! i said that there needs to be something WAAAAAAAAY more reasonable. again the facts are this...there was never a dollar amount discussed during the whole process, just a promise from me that i would help him out with his electricity bill and whatever else extra was done ($40 welding). i never said i was gonna just say fk you and not pay you anything, i said there needed to be some sort of fair amount, afterall i did do almost everything myself.

and another thing, garry. spreading this LIE about how i just took my car and skipped out on paying you is bullshit and shows what kind of man/business owner you are, and i hope everyone takes this as a lesson as to what type of person you really are. i honestly thought you and i were buddies, i was gonna hit you up with the money myself. dont forget that i had mentioned to you several times to pm me or let me know how much to kick you down with for my contribution for the electricity and the welding that we had done. but to ask for 950 dollars, two things come to mind. 1...you think that just cuz ive got money, its ok for you to take advantage of that and screw me with an outrageous bill and think id pay it...or 2....youre trying to charge me the amount you are short for your rent. you tell me which it is. cuz ill tell you this much, i will not be taken advantage of.

what kills me is that we were gonna sit down and talk about it like adults and you had to go and take it to the next level calling me a THEIF basically. i cant beleive you'd have the audacity to tell a police officer that i stole my car from you and took off without paying. there was no work order, there was nothing signed, all there was was a mutual agreement among "friends" that i would help you out with some money for electricity!!!!! for god's sake people, are you reading all of this?? GOOD, thats why im posting this cuz im tired of hearing that im a theif and that i skipped out on project gen without paying, thats just outrageous. i work just as hard as anyone else in this world, and whatever money i have wasnt put there easily.

since its obvious that you cannot be civil about this, by calling the cops and filing a report, im bringing this here to hear what our peers have to say about this dilhemma. thank you.

T
    &quot;...otherwise this is all a moo point.&nbsp; It&#039;s like a cow&#039;s opinion, it doesn&#039;t matter...it&#039;s moo.&quot;<br /><br />SUCK MY SHAUN BEATCHEZZZ!!<br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=2955.msg6763128#msg6763128 date=1150266308]Tarek, it kinda sucked that we almost got larryd by the po on the way to the meet huh?&nbsp; We cant cruise anywhere together, we always seem to turn it into a race day.[/quote]<br /><br />&quot;...I&#039;m lowered!!!&quot;

Re: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BETWEEN PROJECT GEN AND I...

You should tell us to grab some popcorn before reading ........

Quote Originally Posted by genrec
    You should tell us to grab some popcorn before reading ........
    Word!
    I'm not the fastest reader in the world, but I got half way into a six pack during that one :D

Holy fucking shit!

:mitsu: EvoTech
    Mean ass neon lights.* Big white fuzzy dice.* Phat &quot;Powered By Mitsubishi&quot; sticker on the rear window.

Let the thread kill switch timer begin

haha me too...

i just want to make one thing very clear...I DID NOT SAY I WOULDNT PAY...i said we needed to get together and talk about a fair amount. garry himself asked me "whats fair then??" you tell me, youre the "owner" of the shop. this not only shows he was unsure of himself when he told me how much, it also shows that he didnt know what to tell me. i just wanted to make that part clear, i WILL pay him, cuz im a fair man and i work hard like anyone else, garry will get paid, as soon as we sit down like adults and discuss it like we had planned!! theres no need for it to get this far.

T
    &quot;...otherwise this is all a moo point.&nbsp; It&#039;s like a cow&#039;s opinion, it doesn&#039;t matter...it&#039;s moo.&quot;<br /><br />SUCK MY SHAUN BEATCHEZZZ!!<br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=2955.msg6763128#msg6763128 date=1150266308]Tarek, it kinda sucked that we almost got larryd by the po on the way to the meet huh?&nbsp; We cant cruise anywhere together, we always seem to turn it into a race day.[/quote]<br /><br />&quot;...I&#039;m lowered!!!&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by lagcisco
    Let the thread kill switch timer begin
    there would be no point for the mods to delete or lock this thread, all im tryin to do is solve this civilly and like an adult, with all of you guys' help.

damn...now thats a story. Shoulda got it all in writing so save your ass and his so that nothing like this ever happens. Lesson learned i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by gen4k20a2
    damn...now thats a story. Shoulda got it all in writing so save your ass and his so that nothing like this ever happens. Lesson learned i guess...
    +1 ,

yea, there is no real buddy now... ppl just out there to screw ya .. u know.. :oops:

i know that now

this sucks, but thats why they say never to go into business with family or friends
    thanks to GROUP5MOTORSPORT<br /> white rabbit turbo, 660 cc injectors, 264/272 hks cams, vishnu cam gears, xede piggyback, K&amp;N intake, samco intercooler hose kit, forge perf recirc valve, jic exhaust manifold, perrin downpipe, 5 zigen miracle exhaust, do luck cf front lip, JDM mr headlights, JDM mr taillights, S2000 antenna, hks turbo timer, tein flex coil overs, works meister s2r,18x9yokohama vs-100 255/40, powerslot brakes, hawk pads, bfg stell braided lines, shepperd racing tranny, quaif lsd, exedy stage 3 clutch, tuned by TUNING TECHNOLOGIES

Some friends are in it for the bottom line. I find that in car shops (no matter what kind) they tend to do things like this. All of a sudden you got a big bill. I understand that this is a different situation but in a way its the same. If i were you if he was goin to pursue a legal route, is to go get quotes from other shops with prices for installs. If it is as low of a price as you say then you have it in writing. So when Judge Judy asks you, "is 900 a normal amount?", you can say no, AND I did all the work. Also no one was using the lift...you were basically renting the lift, tools and lighting. In this case its obvious that he was hooking you up cause no one lets people work on their cars in their shop unless you are "tight". The was obviously a hook up somewhere.

Basically 900 is obsurd. 150-200 reasonable....maybe more

BOO, I WILL JUMP IN.

TERRICK, YOU AND I ARE FRIENDS, CIVIL OR WHATEVER. I HAVE NO BEEF'S WITH NO ONE.

I SAY THIS. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM BETWEEN YOU AND P.G., IT NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED WITH IN PERSON, OVER PM'S OR EMAIL. THERE ARE ALWAYS, 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

AND VISE VERSA WITH P.G. AND YOU. IF THEY SCREWED YOU OVER, THEN YOU AND THEM, NEED TO DISCUSS THIS OVER PM'S, EMAIL OR IN PERSON.

LETS NOT GET ALL POLITICAL ON THIS BULLSHIT. I DID SEE, SHOPS QUOTED $200.00-$400.00 TO INSTALL YOUR TURBO KIT. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. IN MATTER OF FACT, T.T. WAS GOING TO INSTALL MY APEXI RX6 KIT FOR $300.00-$350.00. BUT THE THING IS, THAT IS A FULL COMPLETE KIT, ALL PARTS PRE-FITTED ON AN EVO ALREADY. NOT A D.I.Y. KIT. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

AS FOR THE COPS AND BULLSHIT, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT SHIT. THAT IS BETWEEN YOU TWO.

I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE TWO PEOPLE I LIKE, GET INTO A WAR.
    RENZO, STFU!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />

950.00 IS OBSCURE, BUT DIDN'T THAT PRICE, INCLUDE BAY RENTAL, TURBO INSTALL AND CUSTOM FABRICATION OF SOME PIECES?

ALSO, THE TURBO YOU BOUGHT, DIDN'T YOU BUY PIECES TO MAKE A TURBO KIT? NOT A COMPLETE, ALL IN ONE TURBO KIT?

I AM JUST ASKING
    RENZO, STFU!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />

I'd tell him to renegtiate the cost one last time. If he fails to show or compromise tell him you'll handle it in court and pay him the $950. You'll be able to not only get the $950 back plus lost wages but he won't be able to get johnny law after you anymore.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

thanks for the review, but don't you think that some of this things should be address to the vendor directly or via PM. instead of involving the entire board, and creating more drama; which doesn't help at all...
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    thanks for the review, but don't you think that some of this things should be address to the vendor directly or via PM. instead of involving the entire board, and creating more drama; which doesn't help at all...

So Cal Evo = DRAMA!!!!
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Evo8
    Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4

So Cal Evo = DRAMA!!!!
    To elaborate...

So Cal Evo = DRAMA!!!! QUEENS!!!

let's see what garry has to say

ya love to hear this

billy...dude, i dont know why ppl keep saying its a diy turbo kit. i bought this goddamn turbo kit from full-race motorsports!! go to www.full-race.com and you'll see it under mitsubishi. so it WAS a full kit, we just had problems with the kit cuz full-race didnt make it with the best fitment.

that price was supposed to include me helpin him out with the electricity bill as a mutual agreement!! why should i pay for all that stuff youre mentioning, turbo kit install, custom fabrication...etc...im gonna pay for what was done like i told garry, but charging me for a turbo kit i installed myself is ludicrous! and there was no mention of any bay rental, if he wanted me to pay for bay rental, he needs to be clear and up front with me from the beginning...but if thats what has to be done, then like i said, we need to sit down and talk about it like adults.

goku... you have no idea wtf youre talkin about bro. i have tried to settle this, and we were planning to sit down like adults and handle it, but since he decided to take it to the next level and be a snake about things and act like we never came to that agreement. thus far, im bringing it on here so that everyone can know whats going on. all im doing is bringing in the opinions of my peers and friends to get their take on it since he is refusing to meet with me and discuss it like adults.

i am not starting drama...nor did i have any intention to do so. ONCE AGAIN, i never said i wouldnt pay him but what i wont do is pay him $950. thats fking insane!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast