Thread: So who's affected by the fire today?

Evo Guru

So who's affected by the fire today?

Looks bad from my view here in Irvine.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Re: So who's affected by the fire today?

ME!! I have ashes all over my TB evo :'( the funny thing is that I work pretty much 5 ft. from the beach and there is a shit load of ashes down here.
    http://www.socalevo.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2927&dateline=1382884  436

crap all on my car... can't breathe....i'm staying in the house today.

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)

AHHHH I live in Orange Park Acres on the map and my EB evo is full of ash. I dont want to start the car so as to not suck in any ash BUT

How do I clean my car after the fire without scrathing it with ash?

Does the ash have any kind of ill effects if I leave it ther for a couple of days?

I recommend all EVO OWNERS lotion there rides.
    http://www.socalevo.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2927&dateline=1382884  436

Shaun aka thetaxguy also lives by me if you look on the map he lives off of Wier Canyon by the white box and i am right by him

Administrator

Cars
    2003 Evo

Me. Took me 2 hours to get to work today. I drove right by the fire on the 241 before they make you take a detour. Pretty spectacular.
    http://www.twitter.com/RobLescaille

"The only thing you have to remember about an evo though, is that to get the best out of it, you need to go beyond the line where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn in to this hairpin bend at 100 miles per hour? Why not. What's gonna happen? Nothing!" - Top Gear

Evo Guru

Lucky. My boss got re-routed on her way in here. Took her 3 hours to get here (Jamboree & 405) She lives over in Yorba Linda area somewhere I think..

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

I live in trabuco canyon, near cooks corner..kinda close to the fire... ........i work in cypress...and my car is ashed up and i can even breather frsh air in my building.........

i hope they burn all ur hair... oh wait... n/m
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    i hope they burn all ur hair... oh wait... n/m
    I already got the michael jackson treatment son!

I live in Anaheim Hills, and fire dept gave us an evacuation notice....................so far so good. Hope they stop the fire.

sam where do you live in anaheim hills

Quote Originally Posted by silverevo05
    Does the ash have any kind of ill effects if I leave it ther for a couple of days?
    Yes, it will mess your paint up. It's very acidic. You should get it off as soon as you can.

It will also clog your air filters and dust/pollen filters if you drive around too much in it.

-nurb2-

I hope they get this fire out. Those with homes in the way - you're in our thoughts.
    Need... more... track... time...

sam lives right up the street from me. Thankfully fire burns up, but with the wind who knows what will happen.

i work in burbank and we felt it over here too

Well I wish u all the best but from the resourse's on the fire I dont think u guys will have any problems other than traffic and closed roads and loosing your million dollar views u better get used to moon scape. Most of the home construction is modern unlike San Bernardino where most have 1970's shake shingle roofs. If u live in these *fire prone areas best advice i can give is make sure u have the 100 ft gap between the brush and your house if u live on the edge of teh canyons and make sure u dont have crazy tree groth that drapes all over your roof the farther u keep the fuels away from your pad the better chance u have if shit gets crazy. EVen it gets to that with USFS,CDF,County your gona have engines in driveways if it gets that close to the house's been there done that .I would love to be out there but teh cleveland N.F. has not needed help from San Bernardino N.F yet but mabe they will call us on our day off tomarrow and let us come play *O0

-Chris
    Coming to fight a forrest fire near u <br /><br />Beat me, stomp me, bash me, blast me, slash me, cant kill me , cant stop me, cant defeat me, my death my curse ** Myself ** <br />