Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High Schools Walk Out!

High Schools Walk Out!

video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7S4...page=1&t=t&f=b

high schoolers from all over the south land walk out in "protest" to a bill that's being decided on today.
    illuzionz 1.0

Evo Guru

Re: High Schools Walk Out!

This is some brokeback bullshit. Should arrest and lock up all those idiots for truancy & disturbing the peace. Very obvious that they aren't "protesting" anything.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

a little more emphasis on this bill thats being passed today? I can only watch the movie but I have no sound at work.

article from the OC Register:

More than a thousand high school students have walked out of classes in at least a dozen Orange County high schools in protest of the immigration bill pending before Congress, police and school officials reported.

The walkouts began at about 8 a.m. and continued through the morning, police said.

Elementary schools were locked down in Garden Grove after police were informed that a districtwide protest had been planned over the weekend by students using the Myspace.com Web site, said Garden Grove police Lt. Mike Handfield.

The Garden Grove students were believed to have joined a small group of students from Anaheim and they marched past Disneyland. They are believed headed to Anaheim City Hall.

In Santa Ana, about 300 to 400 students walked out of classes and demonstrated at the intersection of McFadden Street and Bristol Boulevard.

The students, from Century High School, Valley High School and Saddleback High School, protested at the Orange County Hall of Administration and headed toward Fourth Street and Broadway. They were joined by students from Tustin and Irvine.

There were also reports of class walkouts and protests in Huntington Beach, Fullerton and La Habra.

School officials said some students climbed fences to leave school grounds but police said there were no injuries and no reports of property damage.

Police were trying to ensure that the marchers did not interfere with traffic and that the protesters were not endangered by the traffic on heavily traveled streets.

Westminster police reported that about 100 students walked out of Westminster High School and split up, with some saying they planned to march to Washington, D.C.

Alan Trudell, a spokesman for the Garden Grove Unified School District, said the students who left class will be treated as truants.

"First offense is Saturday school, but the organizers and those who left in direct defiance of school direction could face harsher penalties," Trudell said.

illuzionz 1.0

poly, millikan, lakewood, cabrillo.. etc... highschools from long beach and surrounding areas walked out as well marching to long beach city hall
    illuzionz 1.0

Evo Guru

Full fucking lame.

Period.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Interesting...I caught news from co-workers here in Santa Ana that my street is currently blocked off by protesters form saddleback, century, and santa ana high schools.

Just another excuse to get out of class.
    I wonder if any of them even voted or wrote their state reps?

They may just as well march on Starbucks to protest the price of Frappacinos.

Here is a 3 page article to reference the video!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1772835

Evo Guru

OK SHIT is heating up here where im working (santa ana)

I work by a window seat and this is what spotted flying by

23 patrol cars from cypress, fountain valley, santa ana police department.

2 sheriffs buses

2 trucks with 6 police in riot gear

12 motorcycle cops

birds in the air

As thats going on CARS GOING BACK AND FORTH with the mexican flags are protesting, Traffic is slowend downed to a minium!! ITS FREAKIN CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

great.

those f-tards now got all the cops all over the place, increasing the likelihood of getting pulled over (asian, driving an import) when I drive home.

Id say jail all of the "protesters". eff em.

Sportback Evolution MR

birds flying in the air?
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

Scary..

The media is giving them so much attention, but who gives a rats @$$ what the high schoolers think. *They earn the right to an opinion when they have full time jobs and really pay taxes. *Guaranteed the majority of them could not put a paragraph together describing the issues involved.

meh. I'm not saying much because this does affect me and some family members. Everyone thinks that it's just hispanics that are being affected but what about asians, and europeans? They are affected as well.
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

birds, choppers

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney
    birds, choppers
    It's ghetto talk. Don't know where dmoney got it though maybe it the Santa Ana life rubbing off on him
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Evo Guru

Dont harbor illegal imigrants unless your an organization set up to do so. Simple as that. I would hope that people would view this just like harboring a fugitive from law. Ya just dont do it unless you want trouble.

Terry S

I remember this way back then In jr. high in 94-95 cant remember, there was also a massive walkout.

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

I remember when Proposition 187 came out lol ... Walked out n everything lol
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast