Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: High Schools Walk Out!

Evo Guru

Re: High Schools Walk Out!

And the walkouts resume...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190085,00.html

West Coast Students Renew Walkouts
    Friday, March 31, 2006

LAS VEGAS — Students walked out at nearly two dozen schools Friday in a renewal of protests over immigration policies being debated in Congress.

Police and school officials said at least 3,000 students left after the morning bell at 22 area high schools, middle school campuses and the Community College of Southern Nevada.

One student was arrested for carrying a gun, but no shots were fired, police Sgt. Chris Jones said. No injuries were reported.

"At this point it's peaceful," Jones said from a county emergency operations center activated to monitor the rallies scattered around the city. "Our concern is strictly public safety and to allow them to assemble peacefully."

Groups of students marched to several locations, including the Las Vegas Strip, and rallied at City Hall and the county courthouse.

"It's an organized protest in that they all knew about it, but it's disorganized in that they don't all have one place to go," Jones said.

The largest number of students rallied outside the Clark County Regional Justice Center in downtown Las Vegas before marching to the nearby federal building, where the crowd snarled Las Vegas Boulevard.

Under a heavy police presence, the students chanted slogans and carried Mexican and American flags as they called for an end to anti-immigrant legislation.

Heleodoro Carillo, 14, an eighth grader at a Las Vegas middle school said he joined the protest after arriving at school "so we can take off the law."

"They want to put the law at the border so Mexicans can't cross," Carillo said.

Ashlee Espinoza, 16, who attends Desert Pines High School, said the government is unfairly targeting Hispanics.

"It's not fair that they just focus on us," said Espinoza, who was born in Santa Maria, Calif., and has live in Las Vegas for nine years. "I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

A police helicopter circled overhead and dozens of officers, including some on horseback and motorcycles monitored the crowd.

Students left as the school day began at campuses in Las Vegas and Henderson, Clark County school spokesman Dave Sheehan said.

"It's all about the immigration issue," Sheehan said. "It's in protest of what they consider to be their complaints with the immigration legislation."

The House has passed legislation limited to tightening borders and making it a crime to be in the United States illegally or to offer aid to illegal immigrants. The Senate is debating the issue.

Schools remained open at campuses throughout the district, the nation's fifth-largest, with 317 schools and 297,000 students.

Administrators had urged parents to keep their children in school Friday, warning that students declared truant could face discipline.

"Thank goodness there's no violence reported," Sheehan said. "But the district is adamant: Kids should stay in school and not get it on their record that they're truant."

More than 1,000 students had walked out Tuesday at campuses around the district and headed for the Strip before police ushered them to a school grandstand for peaceful demonstrations.
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

meh now it's getting stupid
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS
    And the walkouts resume...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190085,00.html

West Coast Students Renew Walkouts
    Friday, March 31, 2006

LAS VEGAS — Students walked out at nearly two dozen schools Friday in a renewal of protests over immigration policies being debated in Congress.

Police and school officials said at least 3,000 students left after the morning bell at 22 area high schools, middle school campuses and the Community College of Southern Nevada.

One student was arrested for carrying a gun, but no shots were fired, police Sgt. Chris Jones said. No injuries were reported.

"At this point it's peaceful," Jones said from a county emergency operations center activated to monitor the rallies scattered around the city. "Our concern is strictly public safety and to allow them to assemble peacefully."

Groups of students marched to several locations, including the Las Vegas Strip, and rallied at City Hall and the county courthouse.

"It's an organized protest in that they all knew about it, but it's disorganized in that they don't all have one place to go," Jones said.

The largest number of students rallied outside the Clark County Regional Justice Center in downtown Las Vegas before marching to the nearby federal building, where the crowd snarled Las Vegas Boulevard.

Under a heavy police presence, the students chanted slogans and carried Mexican and American flags as they called for an end to anti-immigrant legislation.

Heleodoro Carillo, 14, an eighth grader at a Las Vegas middle school said he joined the protest after arriving at school "so we can take off the law."

"They want to put the law at the border so Mexicans can't cross," Carillo said.

Ashlee Espinoza, 16, who attends Desert Pines High School, said the government is unfairly targeting Hispanics.

"It's not fair that they just focus on us," said Espinoza, who was born in Santa Maria, Calif., and has live in Las Vegas for nine years. "I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

A police helicopter circled overhead and dozens of officers, including some on horseback and motorcycles monitored the crowd.

Students left as the school day began at campuses in Las Vegas and Henderson, Clark County school spokesman Dave Sheehan said.

"It's all about the immigration issue," Sheehan said. "It's in protest of what they consider to be their complaints with the immigration legislation."

The House has passed legislation limited to tightening borders and making it a crime to be in the United States illegally or to offer aid to illegal immigrants. The Senate is debating the issue.

Schools remained open at campuses throughout the district, the nation's fifth-largest, with 317 schools and 297,000 students.

Administrators had urged parents to keep their children in school Friday, warning that students declared truant could face discipline.

"Thank goodness there's no violence reported," Sheehan said. "But the district is adamant: Kids should stay in school and not get it on their record that they're truant."

More than 1,000 students had walked out Tuesday at campuses around the district and headed for the Strip before police ushered them to a school grandstand for peaceful demonstrations.
    everysingle one of the kids who participated in that stupid protest deserves to be shot for not knowing what the fuck they were talking/protesting about. fkn morons!
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

"I'm an American. Some of us we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

how can the border cross them? if she wants to make an arguement why not make a better one? X|

i just pwn3d some dumbass from van nuys high school trying to defend the protestors that are anti-new bill....fkr didnt even know what the bill was for. he'll shut up and shove his sohc non-vtec ek9 dreams up his ass!

Ouch. I mean it's one thing to protest, but at least know wth your protesting about.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawifey
    Ouch. I mean it's one thing to protest, but at least know wth your protesting about.
    w3rd!

half the kids walking dont even know why they're walking out. if theyre trying to make a point they gotta figure out what point they're making X|

Quote Originally Posted by Shortee
    half the kids walking dont even know why they're walking out. if theyre trying to make a point they gotta figure out what point they're making X|
    i'll give you a point

Come on now... How long do Mexicans think we can subsidize everything? I mean, hispanic population is about to become the majority here. If you invite all your friends and family to come over the border, and have 10 kids.... Who is going to pick up the tab for the welfare, for the free medical care, the ESL for people that should actually make more of an effort to learn to communicate in the country they immgigrated to, and subsidize all the affirmative action stuff going on.... BTW when hispanics are a majority do we really have to still do this Affirmative Action stuff? I mean I wonder when people figure that out for racism. I mean I sure would have liked to have gone to school for free, and gotten all those special programs, back when I was in my late teens/early 20s.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

this is an email I received the other day.

1. Try driving around as a Gringo in Mexico with no

liability insurance, and have an accident.

2. Enter MEXICO illegally - never mind immigration quotas,

visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.

3. Once there, demand that the local government provide

free medical care for you and your entire family.

4. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.

5. Demand free bilingual local government forms,

bulletins, etc.

6. Speak only English at home and in public and insist

that your children do likewise.

7. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican

school system.

8. Demand a local Mexican drivers license. This will

afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your

unauthorized, illegal, presence in Mexico.

9. Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English

to all its officers.

Good luck!

It will not happen in Mexico or any other country

in the world except right here in the United States...

Land of those who want to take care of everyone

but American Citizens!

These "students" protesting just haven't the slightest clue what the hell is
    really going on...just want an excuse to leave school. what a disgrace to
    AMERICA, our country. If you're gonna waive a Mexican flag to support your
    heritage, fine. Just make sure there is an American one next to it...the
    land that gives all the immigrants, and yourselves, the benefits.... IF
    Mexico is SOOOOO great - why the hell leave it and come to America? Think
    about it! Mexico isn't giving their people what they deserve and thats why
    they want to be here in America, so why waive the Mexican flag so proudly in
    the USA? What is Mexico really doing for its people - except making them
    desparate to leave? Its not about people coming to America...just come
    legally, so the legal system, education, medical, housing, etc., can work
    more smoothly and fair for those who are citizens, and those who long to be.
    - Victoria Aut Mors -

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

dave whoever sent you the email should be the next president.

Sportback Evolution MR

Somebody sent me that same email on myspace

Quote Originally Posted by R3dline
    Makes it no less true.

I had a job that had me driving to Ensenda a few times a month. Any time a police officer saw a blonde hair guy driving with cali plates, guess what they did? They pulled me over. Checked to make sure I had mexican insurance. If I didn't have it, it would have been straight to jail. Not too sure about being deported or anything like that. Once they saw I had it, no "Thank you,sir" or anything like that. They just walked off irritated.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

Quote Originally Posted by x[corwyn
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by R3dline
    Makes it no less true.

I had a job that had me driving to Ensenda a few times a month. Any time a police officer saw a blonde hair guy driving with cali plates, guess what they did? They pulled me over. Checked to make sure I had mexican insurance. If I didn't have it, it would have been straight to jail. Not too sure about being deported or anything like that. Once they saw I had it, no "Thank you,sir" or anything like that. They just walked off irritated.
    wtf... this is not right..
    i planned to go there sometime but now.. no thx
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678