Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the United States Being Invaded?

Re: Is the United States Being Invaded?

bottom line is that the govenrment is fucking up. They need to lock down the border. im down with giving the workers here work visas. but lock down the border so workers can get here without auth. We should control whats going on in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by gen4k20a2
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer2169
    yes i have a green card and my parents had to struggle and wait to get it like everyone else in the world
    Well being from england, europe and in some cases Asia (unless they are in a cargo container) it's not like there was much of a choice.
    trust me my heritage is half sri lankan and we know a few illegal sri lankans living here. thereis a choice
    We are all aware of that but it's not that eay for them to get here in the first place than mexico isn't it?
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS
    +1 but the question is that with illegals being involved for so long if they suddenly disappeared who would take their place. being in the restaurant industry i doubt it would be easy to find someone to do what they do.

that is not true. Why couldn't the same guy but with legal status do the same thing? Is he not able to?

Terry S
    You should ask yourself if you would do it? Would you wanna pick strawberries in the hot sun in Irvine for ten hours? And besides we all know you can't survive in california on minimum wage
    No I shouldn't ask myself. What's the correct question is why cant the same person pick strawberries while applying for citizenship? Those workers in the fields seem to be surviving on less than a minimum wage already, so what would change other than their citizenship status?

Terry S
    read my post at the top thats what would happen

yes i have a green card and my parents had to struggle and wait to get it like everyone else in the world
    Well being from england, europe and in some cases Asia (unless they are in a cargo container) it's not like there was much of a choice.
    trust me my heritage is half sri lankan and we know a few illegal sri lankans living here. thereis a choice
    We are all aware of that but it's not that eay for them to get here in the first place than mexico isn't it?
    thats why we make it that hard...put the border on lock down

another reason would be i dont want osama walking in the back door.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

+1 but the question is that with illegals being involved for so long if they suddenly disappeared who would take their place. being in the restaurant industry i doubt it would be easy to find someone to do what they do.
    that is not true. Why couldn't the same guy but with legal status do the same thing? Is he not able to?

Terry S
    You should ask yourself if you would do it? Would you wanna pick strawberries in the hot sun in Irvine for ten hours? And besides we all know you can't survive in california on minimum wage
    noone here will survive on minimum wage.

thing is, if they cant find anyone to pick strawberries for 10 hours, they will find a way. either someone will come up with an automated way to pick strawberries, or the company that grows the strawberries will be forced to hire legally people from other countries. either way, they'll be forced to find a way.

the issue at hand is illegal immigration. the US economy wont collapse if all the illegal immigrants are deported

Sportback Evolution MR

read my post at the top thats what would happen

Terry S
    .....What's the correct question is why cant the same person pick strawberries while applying for citizenship? Those workers in the fields seem to be surviving on less than a minimum wage already, so what would change other than their citizenship status?

Terry S
    Isn't that what the new proposed law is saying? And once they reach citizenship then what? They are going to say fuck it and serve your burgers at Mickey D's. Who will work the fields then?
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Macky

Terry S
    noone here will survive on minimum wage.

.... or the company that grows the strawberries will be forced to hire legally people from other countries. either way, they'll be forced to find a way.
    Hmm sounds like slavery to me. And how will they hire legal citizens. Shit they better pay three time the minimum wage for that shit plus medical

thats right....homeland security needs to sack up and lock that shit up! canada too

Well thats why a worker card should be issued to those that want to work here from out of the country so we know who goes in and out. With citizenship we will loose alot of the work force....being paid minimum will put alot of the workers on welfare. We fucked up 50 years ago not coontrolling it and were gunna pay the price over the next 20-30 years

indeed its sounds like slavery but heres the differences.

Their own country/governemt caused it. They dont have shit set up like us. Their country is filled with crime so real positive work cant get done.
    2nd....they came here on their own damn free will knowing what theyll do and what theyll get paid.

thats right....homeland security needs to sack up and lock that shit up! canada too

Well thats why a worker card should be issued to those that want to work here from out of the country so we know who goes in and out. With citizenship we will loose alot of the work force....being paid minimum will put alot of the workers on welfare. We fucked up 50 years ago not coontrolling it and were gunna pay the price over the next 20-30 years

Worker card? Like a green card right? Don't you have one? You don't need a green card to pick strawberries do you? It's not even a full time job or even part time. More like driving down to home depot and just picking up some guys to pick strawberries

no you dont get it. A green card allows me to be a resident and take advantage of everything the government has to offer but i cant vote or get drafted...thats basically it. A worker card would allow them to work here for some set time period. After that they have to go home and apply for it again.*

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

Hmm sounds like slavery to me. And how will they hire legal citizens. Shit they better pay three time the minimum wage for that shit plus medical
    that being classified as slavery is just your speculation. if they are legally working here for a company that has them working in the fields, then whats wrong with that?

you are saying its slavery because they are being hired from abroad to work in a strawberry field. you are assuming they are being forced to work in a strawberry field.

but if the company advertises that they have an opening to work in a strawberry field in the US and they accept under no duress, then that is perfectly legal.

Sportback Evolution MR

Their own country/governemt caused it. They dont have shit set up like us. Their country is filled with crime so real positive work cant get done.
    2nd....they came here on their own damn free will knowing what theyll do and what theyll get paid.
    You sir have not been raised in Watts. Ask any person who live in south l.a. Let's see how much corruption have we seen in the government in the last year. Gangs?? we have the most violent gangs in the world. I don't see our government going out and extinguishing gangs. In order to solve a problem you need to go to the source. If we want to stop this whole immigration thing and whatever then the U.S. needs to get involved in reforming Latin America. Hell if we can do Iraq, go to Vietnam and meddle with every other country for this country's own personal gain than why not help Latin America

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

Worker card? Like a green card right? Don't you have one? You don't need a green card to pick strawberries do you? It's not even a full time job or even part time. More like driving down to home depot and just picking up some guys to pick strawberries
    yes you dont need a green card to work in a strawberry field, but you need a green card to be here legally to work in a strawberry field. part time or full time doesnt matter. if you reside/plan to reside/ in the US, regardless of what your job is, you need a green card to stay here legally.

big difference.

Sportback Evolution MR

no you dont get it. A green card allows me to be a resident and take advantage of everything the government has to offer but i cant vote or get drafted...thats basically it. A worker card would allow them to work here for some set time period. After that they have to go home and apply for it again. *
    It's the same thing. You have to renew your green card anyways right? If you keep screwing up with the law you can be denied residence right? You get a social which you need to pay taxes right?

Evo Guru

You sir have not been raised in Watts. Ask any person who live in south l.a. Let's see how much corruption have we seen in the government in the last year. Gangs?? we have the most violent gangs in the world. I don't see our government going out and extinguishing gangs. In order to solve a problem you need to go to the source. If we want to stop this whole immigration thing and whatever then the U.S. needs to get involved in reforming Latin America. Hell if we can do Iraq, go to Vietnam and meddle with every other country for this country's own personal gain than why not help Latin America
    oK, YOUR STRAYING FROM THE TOPIC AGAIN.. god damn caps lock.

Dont even say we have the "most violent gangs in the world". The first word in my head that poped up when you said that was Nigeria. Dont even try to argue the gang angle.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Evo Guru

Isn't that what the new proposed law is saying? And once they reach citizenship then what? They are going to say fuck it and serve your burgers at Mickey D's. Who will work the fields then?
    The laws of supply and demand is whats going to keep them in the field. Things wont change a damn bit except the workers in the field will be legal citizens and HOPEFULLY have some pride in the country that is allowing them so many options instead of the one that didn't want them.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

............In order to solve a problem you need to go to the source. If we want to stop this whole immigration thing and whatever then the U.S. needs to get involved in reforming Latin America. Hell if we can do Iraq, go to Vietnam and meddle with every other country for this country's own personal gain than why not help Latin America

The laws of supply and demand is whats going to keep them in the field. Things wont change a damn bit except the workers in the field will be legal citizens and HOPEFULLY have some pride in the country that is allowing them so many options instead of the one that didn't want them.

Terry S
    They already have pride. Why do you think they do not want to leave?

are you kidding? have you not been out of this country ? In other countrys they have more than "gangs". They have mafias and most every country has their form of it. Not only will they do drive, bys they kill your mom....cut your hands off. Cut other things off. Slit your stomach so you guts hang out and let you bleed to death, thats a slow death if you didnt know. The gangs here are shit compared to the others in the world. How bout suicide bombers? wouldnt that be considered a "gang". Random acts of violence from our point of view just liek a gang. a group of people that relate to each other and to a cause, just like a gang. An oppressed people just like a gang but they go and blow up a city block with 50lbs of TNT straped to their body. but your right the gangs in LA with a glock in his back pocket is much more violent. Trust me the corruption in the government here is nothing. You think the president of mexico has power? Look at the mafia leaders in that country. Look it up on the net and see what theyve done. Way more than that mexican "president".

And hell yes we go to war for our countries gain why the fuck wouldnt we. it just happens that we go to war to help others too. Bosnia....what was our gain there. We sent troops there what was our gain? Wasnt oil or money. I wont even get started with Iraq just watch oreilly factor and if you have questions i will defer you to email him on that cause hes got it explained.

Hell yes we need to help mexico and south america. But let me tell you this since you seem not too globablly inclined. When my dad comes from Sri lanka, there has been a civil war going on there for about 35 years. Where do you think suicide bombing got its start? not in the middle east. that country is tearing itself apart but whens the last time you heard about it on the news. Why dont we help those countries....i guess well wait for another tsunami.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast