Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the United States Being Invaded?

Is the United States Being Invaded?

an extension from the high school walk out:

Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo said in a 1997 speech in Chicago to the "National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy group, that he "proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important – a very important – part of this."
    The U.S. has tripled its border patrol budget over the past five years, but the flow of immigrants has barely changed. At the same time, Mexican President Vicente Fox has pressed for an eventual erasure of the southern border and encouraged Mexicans who seek work in the U.S.

At a speech one year ago at a border post in Nogales, just south of the Arizona border, Fox said: "We want to salute these heroes, these kids leaving their homes, their communities, leaving with tears in their eyes, saying goodbye to their families, to set out on a difficult, sometimes painful search for a job, an opportunity they can't find at home, their community or their own country."
    Quote Originally Posted by vicente fox
    “In the last few months we have managed to achieve an improvement in the situation of many Mexicans in that country, regardless of their migratory status, through schemes that have permitted them access to health and education systems, identity documents, as well as the full respect for their labor and human rights.”
    “All this has meant, in the past year, an extraordinary conceptual advance on the subject of immigration and in the importance of moving gradually toward the regularization of the migratory situation of our fellow Mexicans in the United States, a number that is estimated at between 3 and 4 million Mexicans."

“Eventually, our long-range objective is to establish with the United States, but also with Canada, our other regional partner, an ensemble of connections and institutions similar to those created by the European Union, with the goal of attending to future themes as important as the future prosperity of North America, and the freedom of movement of capital, goods, services and persons."

“The new framework we wish to construct is inspired in the example of the European Union...”

“....we have to confront ..... what I dare to call the Anglo-Saxon prejudice against the establishment of supra-national organizations.”

“Nevertheless, I believe that with realism we can overcome the obstacles and construct a more prosperous and secure community for our peoples

Border violence is escalating
    Efforts to curb drug trafficking are not working
    By JAY ROOT
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — Eight months after Mexican authorities unleashed a show of force to quell drug violence along the U.S. border, the effort is in disarray and the general in charge has vanished.

Drug killings are on the rise, local news outlets have been cowed into silence, and evidence is mounting that members of two warring drug-trafficking cartels have infiltrated the program’s elite anti-drug forces.

U.S. officials are concerned that the violence is crossing the border: Assaults on U.S. Border Patrol agents are up 108 percent this year, according to recent congressional testimony.

Mexican officials, recognizing that the Secure Mexico program had failed, announced a new program last week, dubbed Northern Border. Under the program, 600 to 800 more federal police agents were dispatched to this besieged border city.

But few expect that to make much difference, and drug traffickers weren’t intimidated: On Thursday, they gunned down four federal police intelligence agents in broad daylight outside a school there. At least 30 shots were fired into the agents’ bodies.

Adding to the disarray is the absence of Gen. Alvaro Moreno Moreno, who’d been in charge of Secure Mexico. Nuevo Laredo city officials and a Mexican diplomat on the U.S. side of the border said they’d had no contact with the general in weeks.

“I couldn’t tell you where he is,” said Eloy Caloca, a spokesman in Mexico City for the federal Ministry of Public Security, the agency to which Moreno reports. Asked who’s in charge in Nuevo Laredo now, Caloca said: “I don’t have his name right now.”.....
    To reach Jay Root, send e-mail to [email protected].
    Valley students ditch class to protest
    By Josh Kleinbaum, Staff Writer

High school students ditched class and took to the streets today in the second day of protests over proposed federal legislation that would make it a felony to be in the U.S. illegally.

Students from a half-dozen high schools and middle schools in the San Fernando Valley marched through the streets - some with umbrellas to protect them from a persistent drizzle - waving flags, chanting "Mexico, Mexico!" and urging other students to leave campus and join them.

"We want everyone to know that you can't mess with us, you can't stop us,"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States
    Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States
    Article. I.
    Section. 8.
    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
    ......To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
    ......To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions

Article. IV.
    Section. 4.
    The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion;

illuzionz 1.0

Re: Is the United States Being Invaded?

things have been like this for many decades...there have always been people coming here illegally. my parents and many other family members included. here's the bottomline though. macky and sam mentioned this in the other thread so i'll reitterate: if they dont bother going through the process of becoming citizens and freeloading off what we as taxpayers provide for our citizens, i say to hell with them. so in short, we're always being invaded. nowadays it's too many people so we decide to make laws and they throw fits.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

well check this... the issue that takes us close to home is the whole mexico vs CA n what not... yet Mexico suxorz ballz when it comes to immigration more so than the U.S. or any other place (except france.... we don't like france)

It's not surprising that Mexico's President Vicente Fox would lash out at the United States for the recent House bill that proposes making illegal immigration a felony and adding a 700-mile wall along the border.

However, it does seem disingenuous for Mexico's top leader to throw stones at Washington when his country's treatment of illegal immigrants – mostly Central Americans – was recently condemned by an agency of his own government.

When dealing with illegal immigrants, Mexico employs some of the same methods it has criticized the United States for, such as prison sentences for detainees, according to the findings of Mexico's Human Rights Commission.

"One of the saddest national failings on immigration issues is the contradiction in demanding that the North (the United States) respect migrants' rights, which we are not capable of guaranteeing in the South" along Mexico's border with Guatemala, said commission president Jose Luis Soberanes.

According to Mexican law, anyone caught entering the country illegally can be punished with up to two years in prison and fined thousands of dollars. Although prison sentences are rarely imposed, illegal immigrants in Mexico have not only the coyotes, who smuggle them into the country, to worry about, but corrupt authorities as well. Although the National Immigration Institute is the only agency authorized to detain foreigners, Mexico often uses the police and military to enforce immigration laws.

The commission's report also found that illegal immigrants are crammed into overcrowded detention centers and holding facilities that lack working bathrooms, sleeping mats and blankets, food and medical care. Often, women and children are locked up with men, and detainees with infectious diseases are not housed separately.

If Mr. Fox were more open about Mexico's own shortcomings when it comes to immigration, instead of just criticizing the United States for coming up short, maybe leaders from both countries could have honest conversations that lead to immigration plans that actually work.

And, certainly, Mr. Fox's pleas would better resonate if his country actually practiced what he preached.
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by genrec
    This is not a race issue. FUCK all illegals not matter what color,race or religion. I'm sick of these leeches draining our system, and im sick of paying weekly for their educactions , medical, and meals.

Lets build the wall, and close the borders, this melting pot is full!

1. Bring all our troops and equipment home from Iraq.
    * *2. Train them in border warfare.
    * *3. Enforce the law.
    * *4. Protect the citizens from invasion and harm.
    * *5. Use whatever force is necessary to enforce the law
    * *6. Repeat #5 as needed.

*Yes it looks like we are singling out the mexicans, but they comprise the vast majority of illegal immigrants. Mexicans are the only froup of illegal immigrants that flaunt their so called "right to be here". Hmmm, last time I checked breaking the law meant you go to jail ASSHOLE! Oh yeah, I didn't know that noncitizens had the same rights as LEGAL citizens. All I'm saying is - enforce the law already in force.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * Bill
    Life is good, live it well. Think, Think, Act.

Thats funny as hell....

I bet he doesn't pay taxes either...

It is my opinion that Vicente Fox and his Mexican government should take another look at Article 33 of the Mexican constitution. It says (in part) that it should have the exclusive right "to expel from the national territory immediately and without necessity of judicial proceedings all foreigners whose stay it judges inconvenient. FOREIGNERS MAY NOT IN ANY MANNER INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THE POLITICAL AFFAIRS OF THE COUNTRY."

Isn't it logical that the United States has that same right?

And yet Mexico's own foreign minister, Jorge Castaneda, looked our U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations in the eye and said: "The United States cannot secure its southern border without Mexico's blessing. It will not have Mexico's blessing until America agrees to the Mexican demands." And he added: "Unless and until both governments bite the bullet and reach understanding on all encompassing joint border security, with adequate funding and infrastructure, the violence and criminal activity at the border will remain unabated."

Obviously, they are serious. As this is being written, a million people will march through Los Angeles, Atlanta and other cities, demanding open borders and amnesty. These marchers, carrying Mexican flags, are protesting our own H.R. 4437 now before the U.S. Senate. This bill passed by Congress opposes guest worker amnesty and has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia.

Americans, by a vast majority, oppose any plan that converts illegal aliens into legal temporary workers – any plan that rewards criminal lawbreakers with the right to legally live and work in the world's greatest nation and is unjust to aliens who are trying to immigrate and choose to respect and abide by our laws.

H.R. 4437 does not include a guest worker/amnesty program. It does include tough provisions to enforce the immigration law on corporations that hire illegals. It also would build 700 miles of double fencing along the Mexican border to help our overburdened Border Patrol to defend our homeland.

The Mexican government is so determined in opposition to 4437, it has footed the bill for full-page ads in three of our largest newspapers – the advertisement titled "A MESSAGE FROM MEXICO ABOUT MIGRATION" damning the resolution passed by our Congress to stop the illegal invasion. The ads did not come cheap – a full-page ad in the Washington Post costs as much as $100,000; the same ad, about $70,000 in the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times.

Mexico hired Allyn & Co., a Dallas-based public relations firm, to (as the firm puts it) "correct misconceptions about our southern neighbor." Allyn & Co. has long-standing ties to the Bush administration, having worked for the president during his campaign for Texas governor and national office.

A marketing professor says: "A foreign government buying ad space to promote an official policy is very, very unusual. I've never seen the likes of it, never before."

The stakes are high. Without significant reductions in the overall levels of immigration, our population will climb to more than 500 million by mid-century. Such a massive population growth would dramatically alter every aspect of life in the U.S. and yet we allow the invaders to march our streets, pollute the media and involve themselves in the political affairs of our country.

again.. it's just an opionion
    illuzionz 1.0

The U.S. Senate has begun what is likely to be a long debate on immigration reform. The House of Representatives, responding to the anxieties of most Americans, recently passed a bill that would reduce illegal immigration by placing sanctions on employers who hire them and by improving border security. Of course, it is already against the law to hire illegal aliens and to enter the country illegally. So this simple but necessary measure essentially tells the U.S. government to enforce existing laws.

WHAT AMERICANS THINK

59 percent say they oppose allowing illegal immigrants to apply for legal, temporary-worker status, an NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found.

62 percent say they oppose making it easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens, a Quinnipiac University poll said.

Three-fourths say the United States is not doing enough along its borders to keep illegal immigrants out, a Time magazine poll found.
    AP

In other words, the Senate thinks as follows: In order to have fewer immigrants, we must admit more of them. In order to halt illegal immigration, we must legalize it. And in order to enforce the law, we must reward those who have broken it.

So the federal government simply stopped enforcing the 1986 law some time around, say, 1987. By 2004, though, everyone knows that most of the 11 million illegals hold undercover jobs, exactly four employers nationwide were fined for employing them. Four.

In recent years, however, the evidence has been mounting -- and the voters have been noticing -- that many Americans, mainly unskilled workers on lower incomes and their families, were harmed by the competition of immigrants willing to work for much less. A study by Steven Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies shows that between March 2000 and March 2005 only 9 percent of net new adult jobs went to native-born Americans.

As statistics show, there are no occupations in which immigrants form the majority of workers. So Americans actually do the jobs they allegedly won't do. Illegal immigrants, despite their impact on wages, are less than 5 percent of the U.S. work force and only between a quarter and third of workers even in those industries most dependent on them. And their disappearance -- as suggested in the pro-illegal immigration movie, "A Day Without Mexicans" -- would result not in the seizing up of the U.S. economy but in the automation of some jobs, the export of others, and an increase in wages for low-paid Americans, including legal and assimilated Hispanic immigrants already here.

Most Americans benefit only slightly, if at all, from the low-wage competition it brings. A survey of recent economic research on immigration by a Cambridge economist and an Oxford demographer concluded with dry British understatement: "The claim that U.S. prosperity has been driven by immigration, as opposed to driving it, appears to lack any academic support."

As these facts have become indisputable, the pro-immigration lobby has switched from simply defending uncontrolled and illegal immigration to arguing that it can only be controlled by being legalized.

That is, of course, the argument used to justify the 1986 amnesty. The tough enforcement measures promised in return for that amnesty resulted in the 2004 prosecutions of four employers. Since 1986 the United States has been admitting about one million immigrants each year through expanded legal channels. But these legal immigrants, far from being a substitute for illegal ones, were a magnet for them. They sheltered newcomers from home, found jobs for them, and provided a sea in which 11 million of them could swim undetected by the law. If past experience is any guide, adding more legal immigrants via a guest-worker program or higher quotas is likely to increase the number of illegals as well.

Such a policy must address not only the economic well-being of Americans but also their social and national solidarity. When half the flags waved at rallies to defeat the House bill over the weekend are Mexican, then immigration may be helping to create a divided bicultural society at best -- or a second nation at worst -- within the United States. And having arrived here by breaking our laws, that second nation evidently feels empowered to intimidate us into changing them to suit its power and interests.

yeah.. i know you guys are sick of me typing... blah blah blah... bite me all of you
    illuzionz 1.0

Evo Guru

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1075734.php

Thats a link to some letters written to the OCRegister by readers. Many of them share the same feeling as you flip.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Evo Guru

Damn flip.. I just read all that. Good stuff and keep it comming.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

brain fart... plus break time.. i got more to say though... i'm not done... i got into it with my neighbor... wasn't pretty
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    brain fart... plus break time.. i got more to say though... i'm not done... i got into it with my neighbor... wasn't pretty
    im taking it they were mexican?
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Evo Guru

Building a wall isn't going to help. Using soldiers isn't going to work. Enforcing exsisting laws isn't working.

The situation is difficult, but it does need a solution. The most obvious one I see is to FINALLY make a national ID program (been denied countless times) and to start requiring that for just about everything. Stop allowing non-citizens access to programs guaranteed FOR CITIZENS PER THE FUCKING LAWS THAT CREATED THEM unless they have a national ID.

I could go on but i'm getting yelled at to do work right now. Be back in a bit.

Terry S

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

my 2 cents.

flip brought up some very interesting points, and i agree 100% with them. i did not know of how Mexico treats illegal immigrants, yet illegal mexican immigrants here cry foul when they are being deported back or detained (with full quarters-food and proper shelter).

there should be no double standard, and who are they to criticize washington? last time i checked what washington does with immigration laws is strictly the US' business and not Mexico's.

to answer the thread's heading - YES the US is being invaded. It should be a shoot-on-sight if it were up to me. Those who surrender and allow to get deported back, thats fine. but those who run away and try to hide should be shot on sight. The US border patrol should implement the same security measures that the US Armed Forces employ on high-level sceurity Bases and Forts (like the ones they employ in Tonopah AFB in New Mexico (home of the F117A) and Whitemann AFB in MO (home of the B2 Strategic Bomber). That should keep illegal immigration attempts at a minimum.

Sportback Evolution MR

regardless of whatever happens it's just going to get worse. Maybe since the US likes to get involved in everyone elses business like in the middle east and el salvador they should meddle with mexico then too
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    the brazilian illegal i used to date had two fulltime jobs and sold metro pcs phones on the side. she was the hardest worker i have ever known. her extended family and her friends all seemed similar in their ethics. but most of her friends were guats or mexicans. even though they would have to work so much and get paid little by our standards, they can live well, and send a lot of money home to relatives. of course, most of them aspire to find a way to become a legal resident. but until you know them personally, you don't really see how hard many of them work and how much it means to them.

now... does anything in that story make her less illegal? NO... i'd still deport that sweet tasting punani
    a lot of the people in this forum don't know what it is to struggle with having a better life style.. I mean like coming from a third world country and trying to have something decent... if your way of struggling means trying to break in to the 100k .. then you have the wrong idea of it..
    A lot of immigrants are hard workers who are under pay but can care less since it puts food on the table.. I wonder if all immigrants are deported, who will take care of the fields and jobs that most americans won't or will refuse to do ? an for the little pay that they do it for... does this mean that the economic system will be affective by it.. by increasing prices on the smallest things ....
    oh snaps... goku tryin to set me off...

Holy fuck... were you born that stupid or did you have to work at it?
    When I was younger an older neighbor gave me a few dollars for mow his lawn. (he had allergies) I guess kids don't do things like that anymore.
    When did being a hard worker make you an automatic citizen? When you get pulled over for speeding do you ask the cop to let you go because you're a hard worker?
    If these immigrants are such hard workers why is it too much trouble to fill out some paperwork and do things legally?

who will take care of the fields goku? who? I find it funny that people are predicting economic doomsday if we deport all of the illegal fruit pickers and lawn mowers.

We had our economic headquarters destroyed by 2 airplanes, and we have spent nearly 300 billion dollars on a war that appears to be rather pointless and that *didnt put the collapse on us... but we think people won't man up and cut their own grass if they can't afford to pay someone to do it and the economy will tank

OMG YARDS WILL LOOK LIKE OVER GROWN FIELDS!!! I COULDNT EVEN FIND MY CAR THIS MORNING!
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    my 2 cents.

flip brought up some very interesting points, and i agree 100% with them. i did not know of how Mexico treats illegal immigrants, yet illegal mexican immigrants here cry foul when they are being deported back or detained (with full quarters-food and proper shelter).

there should be no double standard, and who are they to criticize washington? last time i checked what washington does with immigration laws is strictly the US' business and not Mexico's.

to answer the thread's heading - YES the US is being invaded. It should be a shoot-on-sight if it were up to me. Those who surrender and allow to get deported back, thats fine. but those who run away and try to hide should be shot on sight. The US border patrol should implement the same security measures that the US Armed Forces employ on high-level sceurity Bases and Forts (like the ones they employ in Tonopah AFB in New Mexico (home of the F117A) and Whitemann AFB in MO (home of the B2 Strategic Bomber). That should keep illegal immigration attempts at a minimum.
    *WERD! +1
    I come from a Mexican & Central American background but with all the help we offer sometimes they still try to say America is against them. If so why risk your life to come here!
    GRAPHITE GRAY 06 EVOLUTION 9<br /> www.odysseygear.com

........Touchy subject here! If these policies are implemented... the reality of it is they probably won't be effective for at least 20 years...we all know the government works slow...so there will still be workers to cut grass and pick fruit... *:roll:
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

Like I said before in the other thread...

Just because one is a hard worker doesnt automatically mean they should be granted amnesty and their illegal status erased.

And the argument that there are a lot of lazy people here in the US, thats a sad and pointless argument as well.

The fact of the matter is, the people protesting do not see this simple issue:

The lazy people/bums here in the US are mainly citizens and/or legal residents. The (sadly) hardworking ones are usually here illegally, regardless if the kind of job they do does not appeal to most people.

And as far as the letter of the law is concerned, you could have created the cure for cancer, but if you are in the country illegally, you will have to abide by the law and be deported and reenter the country legally.

Sportback Evolution MR

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Evo8
    ........Touchy subject here! If these policies are implemented... the reality of it is they probably won't be effective for at least 20 years...we all know the government works slow...so there will still be workers to cut grass and pick fruit... *:roll:
    But it's obvious where to start looking anyways. Not too mention the so called mintue men that are going to go out and make matters worse for them. I still can;t get over that one guy that is with the minute men saying that he pissed because Illegals are draining the welfare system and driving escalades. Hmm i thought you need papers to do that. And he was mexican too and said that his grandparents came here illegaly. WTF ???
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast