Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Canyon riding on Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road

Re: Canyon riding on Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road

oops
    2004 Subaru STi<br /><br /><br /><br />TOO MANY MODS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blkside
    I didnt know people still play up here with all the cops... are they still out there....
    Yes lots of them. You need to have a drivers license that says you live in Glendora and they won't ticket you.

Why would they ticket you, just because you dont live in glendora!? Just abid by the rules of the road and you will be fine. O0

There was alot of people out there saturday, especially the Crotch Rockets going down Glendora Mountain Road (to asuza).Â* We routinely saw them in groups of 8-10 (must be some sort of club).

As for cops, didn't see any.Â* Moreover, Glendora Ridge Road was basically empty, we only ran into one car the whole 11 miles (and this was on a saturday at 9:30 AM).

The trick with Glendora Ridge Road (impossibe to do on the GMR) to make sure it's as safe as possible is to have a car scope up ahead and make sure there's no LAWs (Lance Armstrong Wannabees), or incoming cars (lots of blind corners).Â* Moreover, the car scoping up ahead should look for sizeable rocks in the road and clear it out the way.Â* When people don't drive like asses and relatively stay within their limits, it's a fun drive.Â* Moreover, if you are just going for a leisurely run, make sure you honk your horn on those blind corners just in case one of those LAWs decide that it's a one way road and hugs the left (there's no median line in said road).

2-way radio's work relatively well O0

Avoid the road altogether at night, too many Initial-D wannabees getting into accidents. Visibility is poor, and there aren't any lights.

Initial D

best left in the arcade

Quote Originally Posted by lvevo
    I didnt know people still play up here with all the cops... are they still out there....
    Yes lots of them. You need to have a drivers license that says you live in Glendora and they won't ticket you.
    Let me re phase my statement and say that if your car is modified, cops will pull you over and say your speeding because they can hear your car. Don't ask me why they do that, it's just what they do.

Let me re phase my statement and say that if your car is modified, cops will pull you over and say your speeding because they can hear your car. Don't ask me why they do that, it's just what they do.
    it probably ahs something to do with the fatal crashes up there.
    <br />&quot;This is my evo;there are many like it,but this one is mine.My evo is my bestfriend.It is my life;I must master it like I must master my life.Without me,my evo is useless.Without my evo,I am useless.I must streetrace my evo true.I must drive straighter than my enemy who is trying to run me.I must beat him before he beats me;I WILL.&quot;<br /><br /><br />i promise im stock officer!

or the ricers in their 88 accords that try to go up there and TooGay...

I took my GF up there saturday night.... Im pretty sure I will not be going up there on a saturday night again.

The guys up there view the road as their own personal race track, not as a fun public road. The way they drive over the double yellow lines, is pretty much asking for a head on collision. I almost was hit no less than 10 times that night, and then listened to their smack talking at the fork in the road about how idiots were going uphill as they were going downhill and should have known better. WTF. There is a difference between having fun, and enjoying the road, and being an all out ass.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

^^^ you should've known better.. glendora during weekend nights = full of irresponsible idiots
    &quot;Looney Tuned&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by x[corwyn
    ]
    I took my GF up there saturday night.... Im pretty sure I will not be going up there on a saturday night again.

The guys up there view the road as their own personal race track, not as a fun public road. The way they drive over the double yellow lines, is pretty much asking for a head on collision. I almost was hit no less than 10 times that night, and then listened to their smack talkingÂ* at the fork in the road about how idiots were going uphill as they were going downhill and should have known better. WTF. There is a difference between having fun, and enjoying the road, and being an all out ass.
    Does anyone have a lifted truck they don't care about and is willing to take it UPHILL on a Saturday night?Â* :twisted:

I'm a little pissed right now so the my response came to my head lol

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo VIII
    anyone wanna go up GMR? i heard about it last night.. being new to socal and all.. im bout to go on a solo mission.. but if anyone wants to join, please do!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021