Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Canyon riding on Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road

Re: Canyon riding on Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road

Post the video!

Quote Originally Posted by 951
    I have been on Ortega quite a few times, and I have only seen it without traffic a couple of times. I haven't been on Glendora Ridge yet.
    Ortega is free of traffic late at night and early in the morning on the weekends. 5 a.m. is usually good.

-nurb2-

Quote Originally Posted by inline4g63
    GMR has a bunch of switchbacks and you can fall off (drift off) if you arent carefull.
    GMR 2-3rd gears usually
    Ortega 3-4th gears
    no doubt... i just got my evo 2 days ago but when i had my motor swap hatchback i put it into GMR's wall about third or fourth turn before the bridge, going downhill... but still lots of fun... to get there...from orange county: take 57 north till 210 north exit azuza and turn left...turn right at the gas station and keep on driving till stuff gets twisty and you're there...
    "if you're not breaking parts... you're not making enough horsepower..."

Quote Originally Posted by EvolKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by inline4g63
    GMR has a bunch of switchbacks and you can fall off (drift off) if you arent carefull.
    GMR 2-3rd gears usually
    Ortega 3-4th gears
    no doubt... i just got my evo 2 days ago but when i had my motor swap hatchback i put it into GMR's wall about third or fourth turn before the bridge, going downhill... but still lots of fun... to get there...from orange county: take 57 north till 210 north exit azuza and turn left...turn right at the gas station and keep on driving till stuff gets twisty and you're there...
    I'll be back there tomorrow just to cruise, no serious crazy driving...maybe...
    <br /><br />www.myspace.com/thekoexperience

I go twice a week lately no COPS expert today were few because car went down way down. I was taking a turn fast and show them but didn't stop me, their looking on how to get the car from down there.

that was some borring ass video
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Tuning, Installation, Services/maintenance[/size]<br /><br />[quote author=wj4 link=topic=2189.msg6822683#msg6822683 date=1156809182]<br />yes charlie will drive your car as if he was playing it on gran turismo 4. but there is no restart button.[/quote]<br />[quote author=robi link=topic=33026.msg6896425#msg6896425 date=1165355690]<br /> racing is about WHO shows up.........not who talks later.<br />[/quote]

Just went up there today ... pretty crazy. went at 8am and not a singal cop in sight. Just clear, cool weather. Saw a white EVO8 leaving as we were going up, you were stuck behind a couple cars I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken
    my bro took his s2k there and got a tiny scratch on his rear bumper cuz his rear slid a bit due to the sand on the ground. just watch out for sand.

Sup Christian! Just saw this. Yep that day you were supposed to come with us but it was too far..way before you got ur EVO... I have a picture of it too:

Nice pics. Makes me want to go up there again....
    <br /><br />www.myspace.com/thekoexperience

my brother took the s2000 there before, just watch out for sand and anything that's slippery...losing control in the middle of a decreasing radius turn is no fun...

oh and watch out and dont fall off the mountain...i've heard of too many close calls from my friends....
    98 Accord 5spd<br />00 Integra GSR<br />91 MR2 turbo<br />06 Evo IX GSR<br />00 RSTi<br /><br />Now:<br />Evo X GSR<br />07 Civic Si

LOL shit didnt notice i already posted in here haha

sup Aaron! ur mr2 is looking bitchin man...i miss mine...

come to think of it i'm glad i didnt go up the mountain that day with you guys Aaron...that would have expedited my eventual head gasket explosion...and that would not have been fun in the mountains
    98 Accord 5spd<br />00 Integra GSR<br />91 MR2 turbo<br />06 Evo IX GSR<br />00 RSTi<br /><br />Now:<br />Evo X GSR<br />07 Civic Si

Nice advan rims on the MR2. Where u get them from ALTA or someplace else?? O0

the one & only RB Motoring in CIty of Industry.
    O0
    -Aaron

ahhh this road brings me back memories....

i stopped GMRing when my friend flipped his car and when they shut down the park

11/28/03
    | Muellerized | Buddy Club | 5zigen | Greddy | K&amp;N | RRE | Apex&#039;i | <br />| Varis | RALLInspired | Autopower | Rotora | NITTO |<br /><br />&quot;straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers&quot;<br /><br />E85 tune<br />350whp<br />354lbtq

oh snap how did the mustang do up there??

Quote Originally Posted by onyxaltezza
    oh snap how did the mustang do up there??
    Dunno, but we had this one really modified Firebird up there with us, and I had 4 people in the Evo. I stayed within the lines, he used up the entire road. He was about 15 turns behind us by the time we got to the fork. The Evo had no suspension modifications and was on stock Advans. I doubt a mustang would do any better. That road isnt one for big American Iron.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

Bikes onry kekekeke
    sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    Bikes onry kekekeke
    You are just mad that its too curvy for a Ford Contour. I like it both in cars and bikes. Decreasing radius and technical, and doesnt require triple digits to make a very good corner. A lot of fun, and saturday nights checking out the import cars there is pretty cool too. Lots of interesting cars to be seen there. FDs, Wrx, 240s, AE86s, miatas, and even a few junkers that people run through there with interesting setups. All these guys are true enthusiasts. Lots of fun every time going up.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

makes me want to go up again. i havnt been up since they closed the front due to the fires a few years ago. i tried taking the evo up once but it was still closed, so i tried taking the back way through azusa canyon but that was closed a little more than halfway up too. is the front open yet?
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=30392.msg6866286#msg6866286 date=1161709458]<br /><br />Moral of the story: don&#039;t laugh at retards, kick their asses instead.<br /><br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by EVOL EDO
    makes me want to go up again. i havnt been up since they closed the front due to the fires a few years ago. i tried taking the evo up once but it was still closed, so i tried taking the back way through azusa canyon but that was closed a little more than halfway up too. is the front open yet?
    When was the back way closed? Also there is a 3rd way through Baldy I havent tried yet.

it was closed like a 1 1/2 years ago i dont think it was closed for long just happened to be closed halfway up when i went and havnt went back.
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=30392.msg6866286#msg6866286 date=1161709458]<br /><br />Moral of the story: don&#039;t laugh at retards, kick their asses instead.<br /><br />[/quote]

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast