Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's cam time!

Re: It's cam time!

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4

the only thing i didnt get to try was +4 -1 , on the exhaust area... maybe once i get my forge WGA i will!
    but i never seem cams be so indepent with cam gears
    Yea I tried a bunch of combos. +1 intake / -1 exhaust was the best I got so far. I tryed the -4/-1 people suggest but my spool sucked and my top end didn't gain much.

Advancing the intake really makes the turbo hit hard. You have to be careful once you start advancing it a bunch because it will become more sensitive to preignition.
    Bryan - 05 MR w/5speed <br /><br />Over 400whp of Ethanol love...

i use -3/-3 and it works pretty good for me, i have 272s
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Quote Originally Posted by EvoPwr
    when you decide to go - on cam gears, you can usually improve top end but spool up soffers
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

when you decide to go - on cam gears, you can usually improve top end but spool up soffers
    that is true so that is why i upgraded i/c and piping, gets a little bit back
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Cars

that is true so that is why i upgraded i/c and piping, gets a little bit back
    LOL i have all those things already so i have no option
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by earlyapex
    we tried +2 - 0 it gains spool up and tq but no top end..
    also did a boost leak yesterday and everythign seem ok... i'm getting a Forge WGA to see if the stock one isnt holding boost like it should. We shall see if that solves the problem..
    If not im trying out something different...
    Try +1/-1 or something like that. It gave pretty good results on my car. Good spool and good top end for what I have. I am actually going to try out +2 or +3 on the intake soon.
    ok so i've been hunting goku's problem. few things that i was WRONG WRONG WRONG about.

by looking at the cam specs it's difficult to determine what the cossies are similar to. since tehy're made in the us they use sae measurements. that means the duration is calculated using .01" this is nothing like 1mm in fact it's .254mm which is about a 7th of what the hks style cams measure it as.

this means all the "280" references i've been making are WRONG. we can't readily assume that the duration of these bad boys is actually as long as the hks 280 style cams.

the lift at least is no question. 11mm (why they use mm here is beyond me).

so... goku told me he seperated the cams by 2 degrees and the idle was fine. this should be the first indication that these cams are NOT 280 style. that said... i believe he should try what early apex is suggesting and tighten up the lsa about and around the 00 degree.

the thing that sparked all this cam talk was that i was trying to find the lobe centerlines for the cossies. they do in fact advertise them. the problem? i can't find them for the good darn hks cams! BAAAAAH. once i get a good comparison here we can establish where the cossie cams should close the intake valve, from there we can determine where we should open the exhaust valve nad we can try to find goku some horsies.

the only thing i didnt get to try was +4 -1 , on the exhaust area... maybe once i get my forge WGA i will!

Yea I tried a bunch of combos. +1 intake / -1 exhaust was the best I got so far. I tryed the -4/-1 people suggest but my spool sucked and my top end didn't gain much.

Advancing the intake really makes the turbo hit hard. You have to be careful once you start advancing it a bunch because it will become more sensitive to preignition.

advancing intake makes turbo hit hard. retarding intake makes turbo hit less but gives capacity for more top end.

retarding exhaust gives more capacity for top end.

increasing overlap makes for more top end and thumpy idle.

so armed with this info goku can try to make more power... but i'll confirm the cam specs when i find them.

Quote Originally Posted by trinydex

advancing intake makes turbo hit hard. retarding intake makes turbo hit less but gives capacity for more top end.

so armed with this info goku can try to make more power... but i'll confirm the cam specs when i find them.
    Yup, even at +1/-1 my idle was pretty lumpy. I have since tuned most of it out with ECU+. It came back now that I am running straight ECUflash, changing my idle to 945rpm helped a bunch and I will continue to mess with with ECUflash a bit to smooth it out even more.

I am going to try and play around with the cam gears a little bit more too.

wait... how come it came back with ecuflash? can't you add timing at idle with ecuflash? are you not gonna run ecu+ anymore? cuz you could always piggyback the timing advance there right? and the ecu+ has cool stuff like the low end maf lock and stuff...

Yup, even at +1/-1 my idle was pretty lumpy. I have since tuned most of it out with ECU+. It came back now that I am running straight ECUflash, changing my idle to 945rpm helped a bunch and I will continue to mess with with ECUflash a bit to smooth it out even more.

I am going to try and play around with the cam gears a little bit more too.
    heh... you're tightening the lsa so of course it's gonna be lumpy... you're running more overlap than the base 272s.

wait... how come it came back with ecuflash? can't you add timing at idle with ecuflash? are you not gonna run ecu+ anymore? cuz you could always piggyback the timing advance there right? and the ecu+ has cool stuff like the low end maf lock and stuff...
    I didn't mind the lumpiness. I just didn't want the car to attract anymore attention then it does already at stoplights.

I run ECU+ now only for logging and knock protection. Yes, I can add timing at idle with the ECU+ like I used to but I am trying to do it with the flash. Still messing with it.

oh ok... cool... i thot you made a final call already hahaha... update the norcalevo thread!!!
    I'm not on Norcalevo anymore.

I did add this to socalevo however: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=23825.0

you think you dont want to attract attention , imagine if you heard my car.. fricking thing sounds like a V8 LOL
    If you had a real ems, you wouldn't have that issue You should drive my car with 280's- idles like stock almost
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-&nbsp; www.mccomsey.net/evo

omg... didn't you just buy xede hahahaha... that is curious though, how were you going to get the juns to idle on an xede?

what valvetrain are you running?

Cars

what valvetrain are you running?
    Crower... it should be good enough to support the lift on the cams

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    you think you dont want to attract attention , imagine if you heard my car.. fricking thing sounds like a V8 LOL
    If you had a real ems, you wouldn't have that issue * You should drive my car with 280's- idles like stock almost
    it doesn't matter...goku would change the EMS in a week anyways...just like his cams! :roll:
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Evo8
    Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    If you had a real ems, you wouldn't have that issue * You should drive my car with 280's- idles like stock almost
    it doesn't matter...goku would change the EMS in a week anyways...just like his cams! :roll:
    I'm not the one that sold an EMS without even getting the damn thing install. An for the record, you have technically had more EMS then i have...LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234