Page 408 of 750 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 14996

Thread: OC Crew Chatter Box

Re: OC Crew Chatter Box

Quote Originally Posted by DsmDriver
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    Oh by the way has ny body seen my evo???
    i saw a white one yesterday afternoon made a right on springdale from edinger around maybe 7pm
    Oh garonteee you will notice mine!! I got the bad ass eve with cute little sea horse window shades and baby on board stickers...ya da ya da
    ahahah baby on board sticker. .

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawifey
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbadazzwife
    HAha. I just go there for the Happy meal toys. I can only eat so much McDog balls.
    lol
    the chicken nuggets are actually made from dog meat.
    WHAT? eww..
    Macky makes his with cats
    lol

i dont have a cat
    not any more..yum

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

i dont have a cat
    not any more..yum
    LOL

so you're the one who ate whiskers!!!!!

Sportback Evolution MR

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

pigs, horse, rabbits, monkey, fish, cows, oxes, birds, snakes . . etc no DOGS
    dogs evolved from cows LOL
    no they don't
    dogs have four legs, so do cows

Sportback Evolution MR

Macky, that doesn't mean that they evolved from eachother . .

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

LOL i know, just messin with ya.

Sportback Evolution MR

Claim: * McDonald's hamburgers contain worm meat.

Origins: * Common *
    sense should tell us this rumor is false. Pound for pound, earthworms cost more than beef — it doesn't make sense to use a filler that is more expensive than what's being replaced.

Ah, but rumors don't rely upon common sense. It's the "yuck!" factor that gets us, and so *the earthworm (sometimes kangaroo meat) additive rumor has long bedeviled McDonald's. (In some locales, the local Jack in the Box is fingered instead of McDonald's.) Dating to 1978 (it might well be older — one reader recalls hearing it in 1973 or 1974) and of uncertain origin, this tale has a long tradition of being believed. By one common account, CBS's 60 Minutes dug up the worm scandal; in fact, it never had.

Adding credibility to these tales, many corporate rumors include the names of television news or talk shows — either the rumor was investigated and found to be true by [name of investigative show] or the CEO of whichever company appeared on [name of talk show] and admitted [horrifying thing]. One wonders at all these CEOs with something to hide showing up on talk shows. One also wonders at the prescience of those who book the guests, for one wouldn't think a chat with the relatively anonymous CEO of a large corporation would make for that interesting a show.

As to what kind of damage a rumor like this can do, the experience of one owner of four McDonald's in Atlanta, Georgia, was typical. Back in 1978 he saw his sales plunge by 30% and consequently had to lay off about a third of his employees. Corporate rumors aren't victimless.

McDonald's did what they could to refute the lie. From the 27 November 1978 issue of Newsweek:

At an Atlanta press conference, McDonald's officials, backed by a regional officer of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, denounced the rumors as "completely unfounded and unsubstantiated," and swore that the company's hamburgers contain nothing but beef.
    The 1 October 1982 Financial Times confirms the involvement of the Feds by saying that "the story gained such wide circulation that McDonald's held a press conference to rebut it and even obtained a letter from the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture attesting to the pure beef content of its burgers."

Perhaps the final word on this subject should belong to Ray Kroc as quoted in the 30 April 1992 issue of Time:

Ray Kroc, who bought McDonald's from Mac and Dick McDonald in 1955, added his own assurances: "We couldn't afford to grind worms into our meat," he countered. "Hamburger costs a dollar and a half a pound, and night crawlers six dollars."
    Barbara "would you like fries with that?" Mikkelson

Last updated: * 5 July 1999
    If you can&#039;t stand behind OUR TROOPS, stand in front of them!<br />[quote author=Ricardon link=topic=38580.msg6961255#msg6961255 date=1172035295]<br />if I don&#039;t go to the Ducks game, who is gonna&#039; keep your husband from running out onto the ice with a beer in each hand shouting &quot;WHO SAID THERE AINT NO BLACK PEOPLE IN THE NHL...I RUN THE OC BITCHES!!&quot;<br /><br /><br />[/quote]

nice find......um too much time on your hands...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbadazzwife
    Hey everyone. Just a quick hello! Not around because my husband said so (just kidding) work, school and kids
    O0 Just wanted to congratulate my husband on awards he received last night in Iraq
    Dont forget to congratulate him when you see him on.
    If you can&#039;t stand behind OUR TROOPS, stand in front of them!<br />[quote author=Ricardon link=topic=38580.msg6961255#msg6961255 date=1172035295]<br />if I don&#039;t go to the Ducks game, who is gonna&#039; keep your husband from running out onto the ice with a beer in each hand shouting &quot;WHO SAID THERE AINT NO BLACK PEOPLE IN THE NHL...I RUN THE OC BITCHES!!&quot;<br /><br /><br />[/quote]

chea, i know. . got to go pick up the sister. . boos

nice find......um too much time on your hands...LOL
    Not really you can find urban legands on snopes.com

Ok so I am suppose to be working.....Ok back to work HAHA

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

chea, i know. . got to go pick up the sister. . boos
    aight drive safe!

Sportback Evolution MR

anyone want to buy me an EMS? its my b-day
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Happy birthday, sorry I dont even know what that is..

EMS - Engine Management system... usually that term is referred to AEM's EMS... it's what the hot shots use around here...

lamest terms: makes car go faster
    illuzionz 1.0

alright, i'm back . . how are you postwhooores?

la la so bored =[

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

yum carl's jr double western burger

Sportback Evolution MR

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    EMS - Engine Management system... usually that term is referred to AEM's EMS... it's what the hot shots use around here...

lamest terms: makes car go faster
    Thanks for schooling me.....No sign of my husband the net is still down.....

offly quite tonight.

Page 408 of 750 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast