Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how high do you rev up before moving from a full stop?

Re: how high do you rev up before moving from a full stop?

seems like most of you let out the clutch barely past idle. Do you enjoy the bog? With the twin disc setup you will have horrible chatter at 1200rpm and with the a/c your looking a stalling unless you ride the clutch.

hell i use my a/c and with my non existant turbo power i usually rev to 2-2.5 and just babying it , hell its worst when i have a full car of passengers thats when i just launch everywhere on my redline :roll:
    admire the stevo8<br /><br />heres one for my dead homies!!!<br /><br /><br />MODS!- K&amp;amp;N drop in, APS BOV, Dejon Tool MBC, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Tuning Tech LICP, WOT 65mm Throttle body/intake mani, HKS mivec cams 272, turbo back exhaust, secret JDM soy sause, and Alfred tuned!!! oh ya and cracked windshield

i take it to 1300-1500 because of the BOV, i dont have it recirculating, i used to stall REAL easy, but now its alright. i guess im just used to it. how anyone have aproblem starting at 2nd gear with a MR?
    kio

1200-1500 like most others. From a cold soak, I usually rev it a little more for the first 1 or two starts otherwise I get nasty clutch chatter.
    2005 WW EvoVIII- Cornfed sleeper 437/417<br />2004 Isuzu Axiom-race hauler <br />2 x 1993 Race prepped Nissan Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by evobeaner
    1200 - 1800 with exedy twin plate.
    +1

anywhere before 1500.
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not and act, but a habit."
    ARISTOTLE

if you release the clutch slow enough you wont even bog your revs will stay the same and you go...my car idles at 900 or so and i juss release the clutch slowly enough so when it bites the engine compensate n it goes, no bog at all and it does go over 1k...well thats how it is for me

Did you know you can start your car in 3rd? I forgot which gear I was again when it happened... I thought I broke something. I started it from 1-1.3k rpm -_-....
    Coolguy949: "Your car is Honda Fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa
    Did you know you can start your car in 3rd? I forgot which gear I was again when it happened... I thought I broke something. I started it from 1-1.3k rpm -_-....
    I've done that a couple of times when I was spacing out...
    Nice to know we've got TORQUE!
    <br /><br />www.myspace.com/thekoexperience

nice posts. i've wondered this myself. i do from 1200 to 1500 depending on which shoes i'm wearing :)

800rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Dagul
    Most of the time, I usually roll right off the clutch from a dead stop on level roads and declines... If it a decline is deep enough, I can take off in 2nd or 3rd just rolling off clutch...

On inclines and reverse, I'll blip it once or twice before I slip the clutch...
    +1 I do the same

I rev up as little as possible now, hardly ever go into boost... DD'ing the evo through the 405 traffic is really putting a hurt on my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by davidevo
    15-20K
    ok wtf!? evos dont even rev that high....ban!
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by j_nizzle
    15-20K
    think he ment 1500~2000rpm

you really want that mod position so you can issue those ban's huh

Quote Originally Posted by DoCoMo
    Quote Originally Posted by j_nizzle
    15-20K
    think he ment 1500~2000rpm
    so he just cant count?

Quote Originally Posted by DoCoMo
    you really want that mod position so you can issue those ban's huh
    too many people have their panties in a bunch for me to get any position except useless postwhore. if i were a mod, i can honestly say, my performance would consist of mostly moving, locking, and banning. even now, i say anything and i get pm's of hate, open expression(usually consisting of "fk" or some version before and after every relevant word) in the thread, or people taking what i say way too personally. it's the intardnet! get over yourself!

/rant....

its good to see we still have the passion to make socaleo the best forum it can be.....im proud to be a member and sorry for the total loss of being on topic 1200rpm for me

I don't get it...whatever happenned to the brotherhood of being a member in SCE. Can't we all get along and stop bickering about a mispost/miss-post? I don't think the other member meant to step on anybodies toes in this forum! I'm sure that alot of people joined SCE to have a sense of family/brotherhood, as well as to learn and gain experience from others. Keep in mind that the subject is: "how high do you rev up before moving from a full stop?"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast