View Poll Results: Would you rock an exhuast cutout shield???

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd rock one in Carbon Fiber...

30 75.00%
  • Yes, I'd rock on in Aluminum...

3 7.50%
  • No, let the paint BURN!!!

3 7.50%
  • No, just repaint once it's uber brown...

0 0%
  • No, just get a different exhaust...

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumper discoloration, Exhaust Cutout Shield solution?

Bumper discoloration, Exhaust Cutout Shield solution?

Hey everyone, I have a Fujitsubo Legalis R catback and it's starting to burn the paint around the exhaust cutout.

Would you guys sport an aluminum or CF exhaust cutout shield, or get another bumper or exhaust? :-?

Thanks for your input... O0

Re: Bumper discoloration, Exhaust Cutout Shield solution?

Looks like we have a winner already!

can u remove the residue with rubbing alcohol?

yo man just buy a cf shield one like what i got... wait i think you havent seen my car lately

Its not residue... It's the clear coat starting to wrinkle and discolor (brownish)... I noticed it when I was installing my suspension this afternoon...

RJ, no I haven't seen your car lately, I haven't seen a CF shield on GG yet, so I can't really call it ghey, yet... It does look more at home on WW, and okay on EB/BBY which are the only colors I've seen the CF shield installed on...

I have seen the bumper discoloration on a lot of cars, esp turbo cars. Some GOOD rubbing compound will take it out, and then wax it over. Claybar will not do the trick. This discoloration is very noticable esp on white cars.

i have the cf one O0 should look fine on GG
    JOEY | '08 GSR | '10 STI | '11 FXT | '12 848 EVO Corse SE

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

i would sport the CF one...
    but i never had any problems with burning my rear bumper...
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

It's not bad yet, but it's starting... I got most of the discoloration out when I washed the car this morning...

It's because the exhaust tip on the fujitsubo ends in the same spot as the stock tip where as every other catback has a tip that extends just past the bumper...

I really like the exhaust coz of its stock like sound and look and the fact I got it dirt cheap...

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

I'm sporting an aluminum one .. my car is black - but I can already see the rainbow effects the heat is making - brokeback style ...
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

i had an aluminum once too.. i liked it but with my new exhaust i don't need it anymore.

I'm rockin the CF one, love it, I got a WW 8 so it kinda stands out a little

I see, the rainbow effect - brokeback style doesn't bother me, just as long as it does the job and saves me the headache of repainting the bumper or replacing a semi melted bumper...

The wrinkling is at the edge of the cutout on the left side when looking at the car from the back, and I don't want to wait for it spread to the visible part of the bumper...

I have the same problem......I was thinking about the metal/aluminum heat shield or the carbon one. Anyone have a pic of either the metal/aluminum or carbon one installed on thier evo??

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

I dont have one installed on mine. But here is a general pic having it installed on an Evo. Both CF and Alum. showed :D
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

yeah i got the aluminum one - it still discolorized even tuned .... I dont think theres anyway to avoid it especially if your tracking the car .. thank god my car is black lol
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

I just put the Carbon Fiber on mine when I got the exhaust...

***FOR SALE*** 05 Evo MR with:<br />Injen Intake / Hard IC Piping / Down Pipe / Cat Back / APR&nbsp; Front Splitter / APR Rear Diffuser / Apexi AVC-R / Type-0 TT / Eibachs / Tint / etc.

Which one is that, CF doesn't look bad at all on GG... Did you use the supplied bolts or doublesided tape?

I used 3M body tape, in addition to a sealer around the edges. I was not about to put 7 rivets in my bumper...
    ***FOR SALE*** 05 Evo MR with:<br />Injen Intake / Hard IC Piping / Down Pipe / Cat Back / APR&nbsp; Front Splitter / APR Rear Diffuser / Apexi AVC-R / Type-0 TT / Eibachs / Tint / etc.

I used 3M body tape, in addition to a sealer around the edges. I was not about to put 7 rivets in my bumper...

hey silver, how long have you had the cf sield on there, the rivets or nuts would have marred the look but i was thinking the heat may affect the double-sided too,,,but you could always reinstall the tape if need be huh???as long as it doesnt fall-off into the roadside though...looks nice on your ride,,,
    モニターに対するあなたの顔をする* 合はそれを感じることができるとき 私のパンチを参照してく*さい<br />それをチェックアウト

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast