Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Driveline Fluid MegaMerge

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Driveline Fluid MegaMerge

just swapped tranny fluid at roughly 15,000 miles Â*, and anyone who has not done this needs to, its very easy and the end result is a greatly improved Â*shift transition ,smoother overall ride, and butter soft gear selection Â*. Â*definently a must.
    i used bg syncroshift
    special thanks to GT40 for his post on this subject located in tech articles and how to's

trinydex: please change your tranny fluid after each track event. these fluids, particularly engine oil and transmission oil BREAK DOWN WITH HEAT. a track day is ALL HEAT for those two parts and those two parts are ALWAYS MOVING. that means your tranny is ALWAYS MOVING which means if there is weak fluid in there, you're DOING DAMAGE!

the number ONE reason for lubrication, the ONLY reason for lubrication is because of HEAT! if there were no heat generated, if there were no friction, if there were no heat stress wear, there would be no reason for lubricants. so when your lubricants FAIL to stop the heat, when they're too thin because they're too broken down, YOU'RE DOING DAMAGE!

basic picture is this. engine oil gets too thin, less lubricity, engine runs hotter, pistons want to melt, detonation wants to blow it all apart. tranny oil gets too hot, gears no longer getting lubricity, gears heat up even more, gears want to warp and expand out of spec. all bad.

finally PLEASE READ ALL THE PAGES, the bs has been snipped out already.

tranny fluid change experiance

I did this at 3000 miles. That smooth feeling only lasts a couple thousand miles though. It is worth it I agree. It's good to clean out all the crud.
    I have three un opened bottles of BG syncroshift. Thats enough to change your trans oil. If anyone wants them they can have them for free. You just have to pick them up.
    PM me if interested.
    " A fry short of a Happy Meal"

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Grinder
    I did this at 3000 miles. That smooth feeling only lasts a couple thousand miles though. It is worth it I agree. It's good to clean out all the crud.
    I have three un opened bottles of BG syncroshift. Thats enough to change your trans oil. If anyone wants them they can have them for free. You just have to pick them up.
    PM me if interested.
    you got PM!

I need to do this... I don't know if it will get rid of the 2nd to 3rd problem everyone and their momma is having..

It takes about 10 minutes without knowing what you are doing. Change it frequently. The mag drain bolt on my sig is after 7k... look at all the metal...
    Red 2003 Evo VIII:550whp/475lbs torque evo-  www.mccomsey.net/evo

Redline Shockproof Gear Oil in Rear Diff and Warranty

Looks like a dealer is trying to void my warranty for having Redline Shockproof gear oil in my rear differential. I'll post updates.

I already know that if they do deny warrantable repair i will fight it, but damn...pissses me off that they will find each and every way to blame the owner for a manufacturing defect before they get to the heart of the problem. Grrr....

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!

Re: Redline Shockproof Gear Oil in Rear Diff and Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by kimletrim
    Looks like a dealer is trying to void my warranty for having Redline Shockproof gear oil in my rear differential. I'll post updates.

I already know that if they do deny warrantable repair i will fight it, but damn...pissses me off that they will find each and every way to blame the owner for a manufacturing defect before they get to the heart of the problem. Grrr....
    What a bunch of asses, the manual clearly states GL-4 or GL-5 certified. Show them the manual.
    Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Exactly..I checked the manual first and even brought this to their attention and their response was. the manual is basically worthless...we have a TSB that says only Mitsu fluids are acceptable. BS

Won't go into full details quite yet..seeing what stealership is going to do since the car is still there (wait, one of the techs took it home to road test it). We'll see.

What crap ass dealer is this?

-nurb2-

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Hes in the SFV so '[m assuming it be Miller Mitsubishi on Van Nuys (Where I bought my car) ...

Or he could of went to Glendale Mitsubishi or even as far as Thousand Oaks Mitsubishi (I got here for my service) ....

Lets wait and see what happens ...
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

TO mitsu seems to be a little more easy going (at least when i talked to them about intake/exhaust)

but i could be wrong.
    toku ni

Try to by some "factory spec" fluids at their parts counter most dealerships don't even stock them

That is what I am talking about...went to dealer and they said none in stock, we only get them in the 5 gallon containers...wtf am I going to do with 5 gallons?

Anyways, got car back from dealer and I paid to get stock fluids put back in and guess what, the chattering at low speed corners is gone. I guess there is something to be said for the stock fluids in our driveline. Weird, never had any problems withe my AWD Eclipse with BG sychro and Redline.

Lesson: Stick with stock fluids to be safe. ( I am hoping my differentials are OK as well as my transfercase)

Nah you just forgot to ad the friction modifier to the rear dif fluid...without it the read clutch packs "chatter" the factory lube comes with it included (or your dealer put it in and didn't tell you.

Evolved
    Cars
    AS EVO 8 SSL (sold), EB 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06 EVO 9 (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (sold), AS 06.5 EVO 9 SE (#2)

engaging into 2nd gear

anyone having probs on 05 evo 5spd, engaging into 2nd. This seems to happen at slow speeds, and yes the clutch is completely pressed in. I've heard of 4th gear on 03-04's but just curious if im the only one.

engaging into 2nd gear

any attempt at double clutching? does it help any? or is this just when going from 1st to 2nd gear?
    <br />[size=9px]There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games - Hemingway<br /><br />you&#039;ll get shorter stopping distances by slowing the fuck down - rammsteinmatt<br /><br />ay, there&#039;s the rub; That in that sleep of death what dreams may come.<br /><br />&quot;Sponsors&quot;: Yakima, K&amp;N, Speed Source, Bridgestone, S2K, Viper, WORKS, Motul, RRE,&nbsp; Samco, Ferodo, JDM, Kosei, APR, RallyArmor[/size]

engaging into 2nd gear

I think is the cold Weather
    Power: HKS DP (Hi Temp Coated) / HKS Carbon Ti Cat back / HKS TwinPower DLi Type II / Denso IR Sparkplug (1 step Colder) / Xede / Xede/Flash / Vishnu CamGears / Ultimate Racing High Flow / RalliArt MR Devert Valve / Ralliart Air Filter / Mocal Oil Cooler (Not Install)
    <br />Suspension/Wheels: Tein Flex / Tein EDFC / Cusco Rear Swaybar / Volk Racing TE37/BridgeStone S03 / SS Brake Lines
    <br />Electronics: Defi BF EGT / Defi BF Boost / Defi BF Oil Temp / Defi Control Unit II / Apexi TT / Matrix RS3.5
    <br />Aero Dynamics: Do-Luck Carbon Fiber Lip / RalliArt Vortex Generator / Perrin Shorty Antenna
    <br />Interior/Misc: ARC Heat Shield / RalliArt Oil Cap / RalliArt Radiator cap / Ralliart Shiftnob / Ralliart AirFilter / RalliArt Radiator Shroud / RalliArt Titanium Hood Vent / RalliArt Pedals / Evolution 8 Badges / Gruppe-S Gauge Pod /

engaging into 2nd gear

Yeah my 03 has trouble engaging into 2nd when my operating temps are cold. The shifting improves once the engine is warm.

engaging into 2nd gear

Yep, the Evo is a bit cranky when it's cold. More so when shifting at lower rpms while grannying to warm up. Make sure to apply pressure to the left when doing the 1-2. Just have to put up with it, think Ferrari (cranky bastards when cold).

Evolved
    Cars
    06 MR/2020 is300

engaging into 2nd gear

I sometimes end up shifting slower than usual when going into second, it seems to help.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

engaging into 2nd gear

pretty much all MT cars, when cold, dont shift as well. changing to better trany fluids do help, but in general, wait for the transaxle and engine oil temps to warm before getting aggressive on your driving

Sportback Evolution MR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast