Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Driveline Fluid MegaMerge

Re: didnt use friction modifier

so should I just switch to the redline 75w 90?, or add some friction modifier

Re: didnt use friction modifier

Quote Originally Posted by morgo333
    wait, Im an idiot! Now that I think of it I used the heavy shockproof in the tc, and the 75w 90 in the rear diff......So do I need to add anything or am I good? thanks for the help byÂ* the way.
    That is correct.

Redline shockproof heavy in TC
    Redline 75w90 in the rear diff
    Bryan - 05 MR w/5speed <br /><br />Over 400whp of Ethanol love...

Re: All Fluid Change mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bcmind
    Engine Oil
    Transmission
    Center Differential?
    Rear Differential?
    Transfer Case?
    Break fluid

Anything else???? ?Please let me know!
    brake fluid doesn't need to be changed often unless you boil your fluid with lots of hard driving or track time. if your pedal gets soft then you have a problem.

center diff does not need to be changed until the viscous fluid is dead, that won't be for a long time and when that happens you'll have to take care of that, but no one has gotten there yet.

Re: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Driveline Fluid MegaMerge

it does appear that the 6 speed should take a different fluid as many who have the 6speed and use bg get really uncomfortable shifting at all times. please consult a transmission building expert on which types of fluid are best used in the evolution 6 speeds.

other notes. bg synchroshift II is a fully synthetic fluid that is slightly more expensive than the normal bg synchroshift and is highly recommended as it does not break down as quickly. reagardless, you should always change your tranny fluid after every event.

also common mixes used are 1 bottle redline mt-90 + 2 bottles bg synchroshift (1 or 2). and 2 bottles redline mtl + 1 bottle bg sychroshift (1 or 2)

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=26436.0

a tad more reading for those concerned with such issues.

If anyone buys the EVO Power pack from Redline make sure you purchase the Shockproof separately, The power pack does not come with shockproof and it is needed for the Transfer case. Trust me I know!
    Check out my stuff for sale! Make an offer!<br />http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;?topic= 72644.msg7568925#msg7568925<br /><br />TIPPMANN A5 Paintball gun <br />http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=6 6602.0

YES! i drained andrew's transfer case and we flushed it three time with gear oil with still more pinion gear sludge coming out only after 1100 miles!

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTsung
    Redline lists the heavy shockproof as SAE 250 grade. You're suppossed to use 90. Talk about ruining your drivetrain.
    thinking about doing the tranny, TC, dif fluid change @RRE

any truth to the quote above?
    hey roll down your windows down I wanna talk
    open door instead and say I just got my windows tinted
    where did you get your car from?
    i give him the name that's on my dealer paper plates
    your car is sick!!!
    1st weekend cruise in evo and 1st props coming from a stranger driving a G35 coupe

nope... mortal kombat is dumb school

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234