Thread: My car got stolen

My car got stolen

Hey guys, my Rsx-s got stolen right out of my driveway this morning. :'( Anyways I cant find a place online to give me a fair market value for cars. Does anyone know of any? I'm trying to see if I can pull something positive from this monstrosity of evil. I hope they die.

Cars
    Skyline GT-R, E39 m5(Daily)

Re: My car got stolen

That sucks balls dude. i wish i had a good site but i got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by EvoIX007 View Post
    I need more Dima

-Dima

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho

dude that's nuts...chances are it's already stripped down :'(

have you tried KBB to see how much you can expect to get

hope you have insurance to cover this theft

also hope you contacted the local PD, insurance company, etc

got any pics/descriptions on what the car looks like?

hate to pry any evidence that was left at the scene...like smashed glass etc...did you have an alarm?
    hey roll down your windows down I wanna talk
    open door instead and say I just got my windows tinted
    where did you get your car from?
    i give him the name that's on my dealer paper plates
    your car is sick!!!
    1st weekend cruise in evo and 1st props coming from a stranger driving a G35 coupe

thanx. yeah, my dad woke up to go to the bathroom around 430, looked outside and no car. Funny thing is that they couldve took our civic, my girls civic, or my dads truck...NOPE, they took my car. No glass either, professionals.

We heard the dogs barking but thats it. Yeah contacted everyone already. I have full coverage thru Farmers. the only thing i dont have is stupid rental coverage. I have gap insurance also.

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho

got any pics/descriptions on what the car looks like?

license plate if you want...maybe some of us can be on a look out while driving

i know that car stands out to me...especially the evo wing wanna be
    your car is sick!!!
    1st weekend cruise in evo and 1st props coming from a stranger driving a G35 coupe

Silver Type-s. The back license plate has a bracket that says" u.s. marine war veteran". The front license bracket says Acura of Pasadena with a rose on it. License plate # 4ZBA144. Has 2 mounting brackets on the trunk. Im in the 90670 Santa fe springs area. Surrounding cities are norwalk(ghey), downey, whittier, la mirada, and pico rivera. Been here 20+ years and this has never happened in our area.

hey there are several ways to FMV, pull an edmunds report, a KBB report, and then go on auto trader find cars like your in a 50 mile radius and average those numbers, that will get you FMV.

I speak from experience, had a wrx stolen, did this to get an extra 1,500 out of insurance for it.
    Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho

that's some great advice Absinthe for computing FMV 8)

Optimus your vehicle should be easy to remember...have a buddy witht the same color...but not type S

want to leave a contact#/name in case of a spotting?
    your car is sick!!!

Sure, incase of a spotting, please call 562-965-3912.

Absinthe, how exactly did you get the extra money from them? Did they tell you a certain amount and you said no? or did you show them different cars at different dealers with different prices? This has never happened to me or my family so we are treading blindly. I know that they will give me FMV and thats around 16 to 18 g's. my payoff is a little less than 12 so Im thinking Im probably only gonna get around 5g's. Thats sucks ass cuz Im reduced from a Nice ass car to going to a beater probably.

I also had a $3000 stereo setup in there. Do you think they will put that into consideration?

Thanks

stereo will be up to the descretion of your insurance and the specifics of your policy so I cant speak to that.

as for the extra cash, yeah bassically they came to me and said how about X number of dollars and I said well let me look at it, and do some research and I'll get back with you ion a couple days. so I went out and did the research i mentioned about and came to a higher number. They disagreed with that number becuase I had used some non-comaprable cars, so then we negotiated a bit and settled at X+1500
    Don't argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sounds good. Thank you. Ive found similar rsx's with similar miles going for 16-18 g's. We'll see how it plays out. I hope they choke on their food today.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

ill keep my eyes open for ya.

Sportback Evolution MR

Well, Im looking into alternative vehicles now that I dont have my girl no more. Basically I want to get something that will be around 18k or less. I plan on getting a house in a year or two so maybe its wise choice to get a car thats worth around what I owed on my stolen car. Mini Coopers are catching my eye. Anyone have any experience with these cars? reliable? I found a 2002 Bmw 325i excellent condition, clean history, for 15000. I dont know, Im just assuming Im never getting my car back so its best to start doing my homework. Any ideas people?

If the accident may have been captured on a video camera or car recorder, try to get a recording. Then give a copy of this recording to the police officers and insurance company representatives. Usually, the statement is written at the police station. The police officer will provide you with a notification slip about the report. When you report the theft, the police may seize the keys, key fobs, and car documents. Get a receipt from the law enforcement officer to that effect. Sometimes, additional actions may be required to resolve issues with law enforcement and other organizations or persons involved in the incident. For this, you may need to get an encompass insurance review.