Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EVERY THREAD ABOUT DOWNPIPE FITMENT EVER

Which downpipe to get?

Quote Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
    Does the RS-R have any type of O2 simulator?
    Downpipes don't have O2 simulators. You normally have to buy them separate.

Luckily, there are a few options:

1) Buy a $50 get-rid-of-your-CEL box
    2) Buy some anti-foul bung things and hope they work
    3) DIY: http://www.vfaq.com/mods/O2bypass.html

Old knowledge is good.

Which downpipe to get?

Quote Originally Posted by JanSolo
    Surprise! I really like the WORKS ceramic coated 3" downpipe. It fits the 03, 04 and 05 Evos perfectly and even works with the stock cat.
    Works products are extreemly well made, if you can afford it, get it.
    If not the Apexi 3" GT is a really nice option. It's a perfect fit, and it comes with an insulation wrap.
    " A fry short of a Happy Meal"

Which downpipe to get?

I've just got my Fujitsubo DP about 1K miles ago, I love it =)

My goals are modest as far as power, I'll be sticking with the OE turbo till it fails, then just get whatever upgrade is avail for the stocker. I thought I'd try the 2.7" diameter. The welds are beautiful with a light gold hue, the rear flange is invesment cast (heat resistance, durability, better seal to the cat) and the front is a smooth, well shaped exhaust "horn". My Evo is stock otherwise (I know I'm doing this backwards too =). The car takes off a little easier from a stop (always nice for smooth and gentle street starts with a full Starbucks), I hear a little more turbo goodness, the torque comes on a little earlier, totally fits with no rubs anywhere, under the stock tie bars with nice clearance, things are a bit more punchy everywhere, nothing major, but just "supportive". I'm happy with a part with no downsides (noise, rattles, leaks, fitment issues, poor quality, etc).

Which downpipe to get?

HELIX works great and its on sale rite now www.gruppe-s.com
    www.speedelement.com<br />www.500whp.com<br />www.weaksauce.org<br />

Downpipes not fitting 05's ?

RMR fits great on 05 just put one but you have to put a spacer to the 2nd tie bar like 1/2 inch to clear the dp (back) and the cross brace (RMR) you have to put a spacer too same 1/2 inch to clear the dp but i think thats the best fit for 05

The RS-R fitls like a charm (perfect) i am selling mine pm me
    Evo 8 MR 516whp @21psi @8500rpm w/AEM EMS - old set
    New set up coming soon

I have the Monster Sport dp on my MR and it fits perfectly, no spacers needed, no rubbing.....
    Espelir JGT500 Exhaust, Defi HUD VSD Concept, Tein Type Flex w/ EDFC, Defi D-Gauge Boost and Oil Temp, Ralliart Radiator Shroud, Greddy V-spec FMIC, Random Technologies HFC, Buddy Club 264/272 Cams, ARP Head Studs, HKS RS Intake, Work VS-SS Wheels<br /><br />Need money for a new turbo?* Ready for your track suspension?* New baby on the way?* Ask me how I can help you finance any of those things.* Email me at [email protected]

hmmm, does anyone know if Tanabe DP fits 05 MR? and What about JIC DP?

anyone run with the works downpipe?

i *ran* with it. I replaced my previous aftermarket downpipe with a WORKS downpipe and saw an immediate spool up difference. It has no rubbing issues and doesn't need spacers for the lower tie bars to clear it.

no probs with mine...no fitment issues...as mentioned...able to use both tie bars w/o any clearance issues...

minimal bends...relatively light...clean welds at the flanges...
    definitely a DP you should consider...

from what I've seen on someone's MR, the works dp works pretty good and seems to be a quality piece.

Re: anyone run with the works downpipe?

Love my WORKS DP. Looks really great, especially with the ceramic coating! I had the DP and IP installed at the same time, and the car felt like it spooled faster afterward.
    &lt;b&gt;2003 Apex Silver Evolution VIII #2&lt;/b&gt;<br />&lt;b&gt;WORKS&lt;/b&gt; TR340 bits, &lt;b&gt;GST&lt;/b&gt; brains<br />&lt;b&gt;Walbro&lt;/b&gt; 255 / &lt;b&gt;ECU+&lt;/b&gt; Piggyback / &lt;b&gt;PLX Devices&lt;/b&gt; M-300 / &lt;b&gt;OpenECU&lt;/b&gt; ECUFlash (download my stock ROM here)<br />&lt;b&gt;TC Designs&lt;/b&gt; rollbar<br />Hyper Black &lt;b&gt;5Zigen&lt;/b&gt; Pro Racer GN+, 17x8.5 +30

I'm getting my 76mm ceramic coated downpipe installed by RRE right now. From what I can tell, it was a very clean piece. But it better be more than that to justify its price...I'll let you know once I get it installed.

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR

I did mine in 2 stages. First I installed the HFC + cat back, ran out of time for the DP until a week later. I felt a big difference with just the cat back. I then felt the difference with the DP installed. It made the car so responsive to the throttle, less noticeable was quicker spool. I felt it justified the asking price. I also switched from the K&N to the WORKS filter and noticed better response at freeway speeds and slight increase (~2mpg) in fuel economy. I love the sound of my Evo, that was very important to me, almost as much as the performance increase.
    RRE Stage 1+ eleventeen Dr. Gray Empty Stomach Tune

I don't have anything but stock to compare to, but I just got the WORKS 76mm dp, rally cat, and Greddy Ti installed. Hella loud but hella faster than stock. I sure didn't expect the exhaust swap to make that noticeable a difference in the spool and the kick in the pants it gives you once full boost hits. Wow. Can't wait to see what camshafts and some bigger injectors will do.

I went with the WORKS Exhale DP 70mm Exhaust (Downpipe), HF filter and the Stealth muffler. The sound is also stock and the performance was worth the money. I'm loving it.

m~

downpipe needs to go!!

my 3" helix downpipe is pissing me off cuz it keeps hitting something on the bottom of the car at idle and I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! i wanna scream everytime it happens and sometimes i wanna pull it off and throw it away. my question is...which downpipes wont do that???? i know you guys are gonna ask so ive got an 04 gsr.
    &quot;...otherwise this is all a moo point.&nbsp; It&#039;s like a cow&#039;s opinion, it doesn&#039;t matter...it&#039;s moo.&quot;<br /><br />SUCK MY SHAUN BEATCHEZZZ!!<br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=2955.msg6763128#msg6763128 date=1150266308]Tarek, it kinda sucked that we almost got larryd by the po on the way to the meet huh?&nbsp; We cant cruise anywhere together, we always seem to turn it into a race day.[/quote]<br /><br />&quot;...I&#039;m lowered!!!&quot;

Re: downpipe needs to go!!

This has been talked about a lot, but...

1. Works
    2. TXS
    3. HKS
    4. etc.

before getting rid of the downpipe now, have you tried plaing with it a little? Maybe Kartboy Hangers will do the trick.
    Works TR-340+

you want 0 problems..........go espelir.

what year is your evo... i have an 04... my helix use to rattle... NOT NO MO!!!!!!!!

bang ur hangers correctly... wrap ur DP.... no mo rattle!!!!

-flip
    illuzionz 1.0

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast