Re: downpipe needs to go!!

espelir
    V

i have the helix dp too...no rattling here

try to re-adjust the bolts on the o2 housing and do wrap it O0
    www.speedelement.com<br />www.500whp.com<br />www.weaksauce.org<br />

I had the same Helix 3" dp and I had rattles at first, but after re-adjusting the hangers and wrapping it, all the rattling went away.

But after I had cams installed & timing belt replaced, there was some major vibrations only at 4K-5K rpm. I thought the DP was causing it so I replaced it with an Ultimate Racing DP and the vibration was still there. But I have to say that the UR fits like a glove. It costs more but the fit is perfect.

TT figured out that it was the pulley that was causing the vibration and they replaced it and all the vibrations are gone.

I could have kept my Helix DP but I already bought the UR Dp.

So I suggest wrap it and adjust. Good luck.

cascosblueevo

AVO DOWNPIPE ANY GOOD?

AVO DOWNPIPE ANY GOOD?

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T

Re: AVO DOWNPIPE ANY GOOD?

Better than stock for sure. I have both of them in my garage and the stock is one skinny downpipe* .

of course it is :)

not many people will have the avo dp because the price for the damn thing is tons more expensive than what i sold it to you for.

Better than stock for sure

cascosblueevo

THANKS JUST WONDERING

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

All DP's are about the same. The major difference if it fits your car or not...
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Quote Originally Posted by rino

not many people will have the avo dp because the price for the damn thing is tons more expensive than what i sold it to you for.
    Your price=150 obo; price on AVO website...=150........I have the AVO DP on my car; fits and works great. Most DPs like simon said will probably be similar in terms of power gains.
    Stay away from South Coast Mitsubishi unless you enjoy getting treated like crap and dealing with dishonest, unethical people.
    <br />http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5686&amp;start=0

do different DP's create louder/higher decibels? i mean is one louder than the other? i hear fujitsubo is a very quiet exhaust...do i pair it with a fujitsubo dp to keep it quiet? or anything that fits and the sound will be the same if the performance is the same

Quote Originally Posted by CHIGGA73
    do different DP's create louder/higher decibels?* i mean is one louder than the other?* i hear fujitsubo is a very quiet exhaust...do i pair it with a fujitsubo dp to keep it quiet? or anything that fits and the sound will be the same if the performance is the same
    Depends on how quiet you want to go for. If you want to pass the states' Db level regulations then I'd recomend the full Avo turbo back. It has been known to read in the range from 92Db- 94Db and state law for any passenger vehicle is not exceed 95Db. ( Correct me if I'm wrong). I myself have the full Avo TB and passed at 92.4Db (stock cat ofcourse)

Quote Originally Posted by bonestockevo8
    Quote Originally Posted by rino

Your price=150 obo; price on AVO website...=150........I have the AVO DP on my car; fits and works great.* Most DPs like simon said will probably be similar in terms of power gains.
    Good luck actually finding for that price though.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

you can also look into the WORKS 76mm DP, very high quality...
    worth every penny and it fits all 03-05's models .
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

cascosblueevo

ok well i spent 100 so i guess im pretty satisfied ? ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by cascosblueevo
    ok well i spent 100 so i guess im pretty satisfied ?* ^-^
    Put it on and you'll be amazed how easy the installation is for the AVO, then you will feel how good it really is.

cascosblueevo

Quote Originally Posted by kimletrim
    Quote Originally Posted by cascosblueevo
    ok well i spent 100 so i guess im pretty satisfied ?* ^-^
    Put it on and you'll be amazed how easy the installation is for the AVO, then you will feel how good it really is.
    well thats good to hear as soon as HB is done fixing my trainy i will put my aftermarket shiz back on

Which downpipe fits 2005 Evo?

I spoke to someone with a Works 3" down pipe and he said that it was hitting the ACD. Has anyone mounted any other downpipes on a 2005-2006?
    2006 Evo 9 with Robispec KW, gutted, rollcage, fuel cell, track only.

Re: Which downpipe fits 2005 Evo?

Espelier
    www.muellerized.com<br />www.roadraceengineering.com

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast