Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EVERY THREAD ABOUT DOWNPIPE FITMENT EVER

EVERY THREAD ABOUT DOWNPIPE FITMENT EVER

Anyone attempt putting a downpipe on a 05' yet? I heard the Helix didn't fit correctly. Has anyone tried any other brands with success? I was gonna get a Apex one but thinking I should get a true JDM downpipe like Mines or Kansai. I hear the USDM's don't fit correctly because of something with the ACD. Can anyone confirm?
    thanks.

Downpipes not fitting 05's ?

the 05's have a larger transfer case that causes aftermarket d/p's to rub. I am sure the the aftermarket is working to design and build the correct fitment for an 05. Most likely they will be available early next year.
    [move][/move]

WORKS engineered our downpipe from the beginning with the world market in mind. By doing so, we are proud to say that both 70mm and 76mm Exhale Downpipes fit all the '05 models in addition to the '03 and '04s.
    Jamie<br />415.226.2500<br /><br />Power | Precision | Passion<br />http://www.WORKSmitsu.com

apexi downpipe

i tried my apexi gt downpipe on my 05 rs just for the hell of it to see if it fits or not rather than taking everyones word for it. and im stoked that it actually fits.

I bought the cheap down-pipe from ebay and fits to my 05 evo, no problem.
    the pipe comes with 3" diameter, its only 70 dollars. looks nice too.

Our full 3" and 2.5" systems fit on the MR's and all '05's.

David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com
    David Buschur
    <br />www.buschurracing.com

The DC Sports Downpipe fits like a glove and clears the factory tie bars with no spacers.

EVERY THREAD ABOUT DOWNPIPE FITMENT EVER

OK, I'm in the market for a downpipe right now, just wondering which one I should get and why. Which one do you have and how do you like it? There are so many DP's on the market now, I don't know which one to get.

I'm looking for a full 3" DP to match my 3" exhaust. One that replaces the cat would be nice, but I don't want a CEL. So I wouldn't mind one that doesn't replace it, or if it did if it had some kind of O2 simulator or something. Anyhow, here are some of the diffrent ones I've been looking at:

A'PEXi GT/N1 downpipe. What size are these and whats the diffrence between the two, besides the material they're made out of?

DC Sports downpipe. What size is this? It says it eliminates the cat, but will this cause a CEL? Or does it come with something to fix that?

HKS downpipe. What size is this, and I believe it does not eliminate the cat, correct?

Injen downpipe. Same questions, what size is it, does it eliminate the cat?

Megan Racing downpipe. This one says its 3", but does it eliminate the cat?

Perrin 3" downpipe. This one does not eliminate the cat, but they do sell a cat eliminater w/ O2 simulator. What are your opinions on this?

RS-R downpipe. This one is 80mm, but does it eliminate the cat?

Tanabe downpipe. Size and cat?

I think thats pretty much it. Are there any other good ones that I missed that you recommend? So thats basically it, I'm looking for a 3" DP, prefferabley if it eliminates the cat, but only if I won't get a CEL. Otherwise one that doesn't eliminate it is OK. And price is a factor, so one that will get the job done and cost the least would be ideal. I don't care about material much since no one will see it anyway. Well thanks in advance, any input on this would be appreciated.
    Danny<br />AIM: GReddy EVO Si - [ MySpace ]<br /><br />&#039;04&nbsp; Infiniti G35 Coupe &lt;- daily beater<br />Ivory Pearl w/ Graphite interior, 6MT, Navigation<br />&#039;91 Toyota MR2 turbo &lt;- track/show whore<br />Solar Yellow, Gen III 3SGTE forced fed @ 20psi.<br />13.966 @ 99.46mph, 216.2whp / 204.1tq<br />[ Integrity Auto ] - [ Car Domain ] - [ Online ShowOff ] - [ Photo Albums ]

Which downpipe to get?

Surprise! I really like the WORKS ceramic coated 3" downpipe. It fits the 03, 04 and 05 Evos perfectly and even works with the stock cat.

Which downpipe to get?

would caution against 3" with stock cat and the works piece is just too expensive.

You should look at what you want to do long term and then choose your DP, if you plan to stay with a stock turbo this will affect your choice, so will $$, and whether or not you plan to use: stock cat, Hiflow cat, or no cat will also come into play, also if you have an 05 some wont fit (ie helix, megan).

Most if not all downpipes wont eliminate any cat on an EVO, keep that in mind.

Once you answer all of the above questions then you will have narrowed it down and can make your call based on prefference, and whose Koolaid you drink.
    Don&#039;t argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Which downpipe to get?

if no cat there will be a cell. You can easily fix that with taking the battery out once in a while or splicing or get a new o2 sensor.

You forgot

buschur

rmr

I suggest RMR downpipe, or apex.
    [size=14px]Stay away from Dynoflash if you don't want get screwed.[/size]
    <br />

Re: Which downpipe to get?

Quote Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
    I don't care about material much since no one will see it anyway.
    With the downpipe, material is a bit more important than other parts of the exhaust. A mild steel downpipe that is not ceramic coated nor thermal wrapped will heat up your oil pan. Stainless steel is a much better thermal insulator. Wrapped Stainless steel is even better.

For low cost, custom fabrication is the way to go.

Which downpipe to get?

The RMR DP is stainless and comes with a heat shield to apply to the oil pan.

Which downpipe to get?

This will most likely be kept with the stock turbo. I would really like to eliminate the cat also all in one piece. Otherwise I could just stick with it for a while and change it out later with a test pipe or something. I just need to make sure I don't get a CEL.

So I guess for now, 3" DP w/ stock cat. Low cost preffered, what are my options?
    Danny<br />AIM: GReddy EVO Si - [ MySpace ]<br /><br />&#039;04&nbsp; Infiniti G35 Coupe &lt;- daily beater<br />Ivory Pearl w/ Graphite interior, 6MT, Navigation<br />&#039;91 Toyota MR2 turbo &lt;- track/show whore<br />Solar Yellow, Gen III 3SGTE forced fed @ 20psi.<br />13.966 @ 99.46mph, 216.2whp / 204.1tq<br />[ Integrity Auto ] - [ Car Domain ] - [ Online ShowOff ] - [ Photo Albums ]

Which downpipe to get?

Cheapest: Have a muffler shop make you an extra long downpipe out of SS (perhaps bring your own with the flange too). Then get the $50 O2 sensor eliminator.

Cheap: Same as above but have a performance oriented shop do it.

Roughly average price: Get a Helix downpipe and test pipe as well as the O2 sensor eliminator. They're pretty.

You have too much money: Buy it all from Works. You paid the money, but it will fit both the newer and older Evos.

You have ever more than too much money: Make it all out of Inconel and make sure the bend is one of those JDM origami weld jobs.

Which downpipe to get?

wait so the HKS downpipe is street legal?

thought everything before the cat was non-street legal?

Nebo

Which downpipe to get?

I just purchased the Fujitsubo one. Still need to install it. I looked at most of the ones you listed and by far the Fujitsubo construction is superior to those in the welds.

Which downpipe to get?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1
    by far the Fujitsubo construction is superior to those in the welds.
    How does the Fujitsubo have superior welds? You've seen the welds of all of the above posted downpipes up close before?

Which downpipe to get?

RS-R is an extended downpipe so it will delete the cat
    RS STwhy? four doors, two seats, 23 psi of boost...

Which downpipe to get?

Quote Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1
    by far the Fujitsubo construction is superior to those in the welds.
    How does the Fujitsubo have superior welds? You've seen the welds of all of the above posted downpipes up close before?
    Just my opinion. And yes I have seen the others. Took me 3 months to decide which one to go with. I think the RS-R one though is pretty nice. You asked for peeps opinions and I gave it.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast