Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mockery of our boards ...

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Mockery of our boards ...

What the fuck? Is it some kind of childish vendor vs vendor bullshit going on the the buyers corner? I'm sure they are all good vendors/tunnaz and I've had the chance to meet both - and I've got respect for both and what they do- but now its ridiculous (boards/threads wise) ...

Mods going to merge those threads? Bejezuz wtf ...
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Evo Guru

Re: Mockery of our boards ...

Quote Originally Posted by GinuwineEvo8
    What the fuck? Is it some kind of childish vendor vs vendor bullshit going on the the buyers corner? I'm sure they are all good vendors/tunnaz and I've had the chance to meet both - and I've got respect for both and what they do- but now its ridiculous (boards/threads wise) ...

LOL

+1 to the merge & deleting.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

link?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    link?
    The quadrillion c-spec and ultraflip threads.
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

ah.

well, I merged ALL of the vendor threads several months ago and made them all stickies.
    people continue to create new ones rather then add to an existing one.

i'll take a look and merge them this afternoon as long as everything is the SAME subject and the posts will flow together.
    the main problem with merging threads is that often times the new thread no longer makes sense....

-Blaze

ah.

well, I merged ALL of the vendor threads several months ago and made them all stickies.
    people continue to create new ones rather then add to an existing one.

i'll take a look and merge them this afternoon as long as everything is the SAME subject and the posts will flow together.
    the main problem with merging threads is that often times the new thread no longer makes sense....

-Blaze
    *I* wouldnt mind and would personally find it funny to read it that way, but I suspect not everyone would find that humorous...
    the characters and events depicted in this posting are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional<br /><br />Republicans for Cthulu - He can&#039;t be any worse than the last Republican in office

Evo Guru
    Cars

-Blaze
    Mmm I forgot how big of an issue this is ... Especially when checking/trying to enforce people trying to stay on subject .. ahh well guess I'll "ignore" them :P Had nothing to bitch about today is all :D

Quote Originally Posted by x[corwyn
    ]
    *I* wouldnt mind and would personally find it funny to read it that way, but I suspect not everyone would find that humorous...
    Rob didn't find it humerous after he realized what I did.... lol
    When you take threads that are 4 pages of misc conversations and merge them with threads similar in length, they become useless. (lesson learned for me).

I'll do what I can to clean them up and merge, if possible.

Blaze

Must be my luck, I missed most of that BS. I suppose it helps that I don't participate as much as I used to on this site. IMHO, the mods are well aware of what's going on and can only do so much to stop the BS. I'm sure they realize that if they don't do anything, this will have a chilling effect on users of this still informative and emjoyable site.

The BS is still there, but I merged as many threads as I could.

Evo Guru
    Cars

Thanks .. I spoke and you guys listened .. Awesome ...
    Should name this section Burger King, cause I got it my way ... :B

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

The BS is still there, but I merged as many threads as I could.
    you love mergeing things, dont you ? LOL ...
    i'm suprise that most of the things didnt get deleted... oh well
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

How long have you been a member of this site? I know you didn't just join yesterday, but maybe yesterday was the first time you've looked in the buyers corner? Not hazing you, but this stuff has been going on for a LONG....LONG....LONG time. MAH TUNARZ IZ TEH NUMBAH ONEZ AND UR TUNARZ IS TEH SUX!!!!
    sig.

Evo Guru
    Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon

How long have you been a member of this site? I know you didn't just join yesterday, but maybe yesterday was the first time you've looked in the buyers corner? Not hazing you, but this stuff has been going on for a LONG....LONG....LONG time. MAH TUNARZ IZ TEH NUMBAH ONEZ AND UR TUNARZ IS TEH SUX!!!!
    Jul2k4 ... I understand its been going on - great. Ever since you guys actually implemented the Buyer's Corner - It got ridiculously out of hand the past week or so and I think anyone who frequents the boards enough can justify or +1 what I posted ...

^^+1. If its been going on a LONG, LONG time, that can't be a good thing for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by kimletrim
    Must be my luck, I missed most of that BS. I suppose it helps that I don't participate as much as I used to on this site.
    oh you couldnt take the BS anymore too huh?

i like how many experts there are on this site. i R teh 1337est 'cuz i use teh bomb ass [insert tuner].

oh, that makes me angry to click on a thread and read shit like that. oh, i say, you got tuned by [tuner] and make 3 more ho than someone with equal mods, good for you. seriously, my car hauls ass, im not gonna notice an extra 2 whp. oh, but my dynograph is bigger, ive got mad bragging rights cause i paid someone to touch my car. IMO, this is becomming less of a community (except the OC crowd) and more of a contest of who can get the most expensive and blingy parts, who can have who work on their car, who can ask the dumbest question.

now im angry. while im at it.....

[rant]
    especially in threads dealing with aerodynamics. oh sweet jesus, those threads turn me away faster than a hooker with a penis. i like how people tell ME about aerodynamics. no actually, its the other way around boss, i was taught aerodynamics by people with Dr.'s in aero/astro, not some jack off in high school or community college. is Sir Lancer Lot around anymore? i know he's an aero at northrop, davy should know a deal about pressures and stuff, but other than that, who? oh, and the BS about me not ever having driven on a track means that i dont know how aero pertains to race cars, or strategy or whatever. yes, you are completely correct, my simple mind could not possible fathom that. oh and for the record, aerodynamics will make little or no effect at the track. the people in F1, indy/CART, JGTC, NASCAR, NHRA just waste money because the sponsors give it to them, and they cant frivilously spend it on booze and women, so they make wings and junk - more junk than wings usually. in short, fk them (the members here)
    [/rant]

oo, im good and mad now. im gonna go whore it up out there and piss people off. hey, they do it to me, its only fair
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

**EDIT** Booo!! It took me 45 minutes to post this 'cause I got busy, and matt came in and beat me to it!!

Don't yell at me brother hehehe...I just tell it like I see it, you know? Â*Look at my avatar though, it does'nt say Admin or Moderator anymore. Â*You're totally preaching to the choir here my friend. Â*The point of my post was to illustrate the fact that I am surprised that people have not noticed this trend, or at least voiced their opinion on this earlier. Â*This stuff has been going on like this for at LEAST a year now. Â*I remember this current trend started to roll in about the time I was in Washington (when I would check the site from there), and has gotten completely out of control within the last 8 months or so. Â*It's gotten to the point where people cannot ask a relevant question in that section anymore because it goes a little like this:

Q: I am looking to buy some cams and I have been considering these 7 different brands. Â*These are the parameters I am looking for yadda yadda. Â*This is what I'm looking to accomplish yadda yadda. Â*Anyone have any advice or experience in this?

First post: Go to this tuner shop, they rock and they'll answer all your questions.

Does anyone see the problem here? Â*It's ok to pimp a shop or part that you have been happy with. Â*By all means recommend stuff that works for you...it's human nature! Â*This should not, however replace the discussion. Â*I've seen some VERY detailed posts that list very specifically what they are trying to do, only to see the first 5 posts end up being a recommendation of a shop with little to no adressing the actual question. Â*It's no wonder people don't know how to change their own damned oil anymore. Â*The DISCUSSION is what makes a community valuable...NOT THE REFERRAL!!!

(I think we are on the same page here? Sorry if you misunderstood my post)
    sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    **EDIT** Booo!! It took me 45 minutes to post this 'cause I got busy, and matt came in and beat me to it!!

Don't yell at me brother hehehe...I just tell it like I see it, you know? Look at my avatar though, it does'nt say Admin or Moderator anymore. You're totally preaching to the choir here my friend. The point of my post was to illustrate the fact that I am surprised that people have not noticed this trend, or at least voiced their opinion on this earlier. This stuff has been going on like this for at LEAST a year now. I remember this current trend started to roll in about the time I was in Washington (when I would check the site from there), and has gotten completely out of control within the last 8 months or so. It's gotten to the point where people cannot ask a relevant question in that section anymore because it goes a little like this:

Q: I am looking to buy some cams and I have been considering these 7 different brands. These are the parameters I am looking for yadda yadda. This is what I'm looking to accomplish yadda yadda. Anyone have any advice or experience in this?

First post: Go to this tuner shop, they rock and they'll answer all your questions.

Does anyone see the problem here? It's ok to pimp a shop or part that you have been happy with. By all means recommend stuff that works for you...it's human nature! This should not, however replace the discussion. I've seen some VERY detailed posts that list very specifically what they are trying to do, only to see the first 5 posts end up being a recommendation of a shop with little to no adressing the actual question. It's no wonder people don't know how to change their own damned oil anymore. The DISCUSSION is what makes a community valuable...NOT THE REFERRAL!!!

(I think we are on the same page here? Sorry if you misunderstood my post)
    Hey I have this great shop that can help you with that problem.

rich i wasnt ranting at you or anything that you did, we're totally on the same page. actually, the idiots havent really posted here (perhaps you could count one poster, but they're more on the gang tackle list)

but over summer when evo8supercar posted his nascar lip thing (my idea, his piece), some people were most unpleasant to me, then i kinda took a 6 month break from socal, because i was so angry. if i put in the hours and the brain power, why should i even waste the time to post here if people will just tell me im wrong? it didnt show a benefit for me. unfortunately the few here that actually are interested in it lose out.

so what can we do about this? just keep doing what we're doing (educated stuff) and ignore the idiots like the drunk girl at a party? its just so frusterating and maddening to read their posts,
    People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care<br /><br /><br />[quote author=evomrguy link=topic=34096.msg6904129#msg6904129 date=1166072308]<br />Jeezus, this is the kinda thing best left to try on $500 1g t/e/l.&nbsp; If your board pick one up and let the ghetto bull shit mods fly.&nbsp; [/quote]<br /><br />forza ferrari

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

a lot of people here should just get rid of their cars. no evo = no more problems.

it cant get any simpler, and you dont need a t00ner to figure that out.

Sportback Evolution MR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast