Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

Re: Warped Rotors?

depends if you are goign to the track and have the cash a nice set of 2 peice rotors are awesome. But if its just street http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm sells some good replacement slotted rotors. Im running ferodo ds2500 and are great street pads.

Re: steering wheel shake

I also had the same problem when braking on the freeway. I also never tracked my car. I had the dealer replace the front rotors and pads under warranty vice having them turned. South Coast Mitsu really good at giving what the customer wants.
    <br /><br />Talent Director<br />AUTOHYPEUSA.COM

Re: steering wheel shake

Quote Originally Posted by HardRideCafe
    I also had the same problem when braking on the freeway. I also never tracked my car. I had the dealer replace the front rotors and pads under warranty vice having them turned. South Coast Mitsu really good at giving what the customer wants.
    a totally agree with this guy... I just had the same thing happen to me. My rotors lasted around 11k and were replaced with brake pads from SC :mitsu:

Rigo took care of them for me O0
    <br /><br />Cottonwood.org &lt;&lt; a place you can call home

Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" megamerge

When driving at aroung 80mph and i brake my steering wheel shakes...Ive been reading and ppl have been mentioning rotors being wraped....My question is will this be covered by warranty??I have 20000 miles on my 03gsr...My basic warranty is expired but the other ones are good...Any body have any info on this??thanks and merry xmas guys...
    <br /><br />Looney Tuned!!!

Re: Braking problems...

Not too likely depending on dealer. Had this happen on mine and they just told me they were warped and that they would turn them for 100 bucks. Needless to say I didn't have them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecko_3420
    When driving at aroung 80mph and i brake my steering wheel shakes...Ive been reading and ppl have been mentioning rotors being wraped....My question is will this be covered by warranty??I have 20000 miles on my 03gsr...My basic warranty is expired but the other ones are good...Any body have any info on this??thanks and merry xmas guys...
    might be some built up brake dust or something...try (in a safe area..not in the middle of rush hour) hitting the brakes really hard...to the point before ABS comes on and it might clear the problem...if not just buy new rotors...or get yours turned...
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

sounds like your rotors are warped. if you know how to take them off you can take it to autozone and get them resurfaced for like 20-30 bucks.
    Jesse Sez: If you're ever in a midget-tossing contest, always go for the happy midget. It is definitely much harder to toss them when they're unhappy

Re: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

for not searching your question gets merged into the fat cluster fuck of most commonly asked questions.

Re: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

Quote Originally Posted by trinyDeX
    for not searching your question gets merged into the fat cluster fuck of most commonly asked questions.
    i have searched here and in evoM...jst couldnt find anything about the warranty part...any info on the warranty if it covered??again my basic warranty is expired..past 3 years...thanks again..

not sure if somebody has already said this, but when my newly bought IX was exhibiting steering wheel shaking when braking at above 70mph after just 2000 miles on the motor, it was because a pretty big sized rock got stock on the brake pad....so this could be the cause as well for some of you.

no i did not take my car off road, just crappy luck.
    98 Accord 5spd<br />00 Integra GSR<br />91 MR2 turbo<br />06 Evo IX GSR<br />00 RSTi<br /><br />Now:<br />Evo X GSR<br />07 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by ecko_3420
    Quote Originally Posted by trinyDeX
    i have searched here and in evoM...jst couldnt find anything about the warranty part...any info on the warranty if it covered??again my basic warranty is expired..past 3 years...thanks again..
    oh dear dear. searching on evom, that's where you went wrong. don't worry i'm not angry and i'm not trying to be unhelpful.

i did merge the topics so you could read them from the beginning and hopefully get the answers you're looking for.

summary is that it's likely that you need to rebed, drive them reall hot and not touch them for a nice cruise down a freeway. but if they are indeed warped, try resurfacing and once that has annoyed you to death shell out hte money for decent rotors. but do test in that order.

jst got back from the shop..yup they were wraped...got them resurfaced and flipped for 70bucks...havnt gone above 80 so im still waiting on how they are..hopefully that fixed it...thanks for all the info..

do your guys brakes squeak once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by projektevolutionix
    Â* Yes. Brake dust most likely. clean your wheels and you should be ok, but it happens from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by projektevolutionix
    http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...783#msg6756783

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...141#msg6582141

ok so southcoast will most likely replace my warped rotors that have 7000 highway miles and no track days on them
    <br /><br />Alex: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could crash here for a while. <br />Dante: Whoa, I don&#039;t know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days. <br />Alex: You&#039;re getting a lion? <br />Dante: Yeah. <br />Alex: Why? <br />Dante: To protect my shit. <br />Alex: Never heard of a dog? <br />Dante: Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody fucks with a lion. <br />Alex: Yeah, that&#039;s true.

how do you wrap your rotors?
    Don&#039;t knock masturbation; it&#039;s sex with someone I love. ~ Woody Allen<br />Remember, if you smoke after sex you&#039;re doing it too fast.&nbsp; ~Woody Allen<br />For the first time in history, sex is more dangerous than the cigarette afterward.&nbsp; ~Jay Leno<br />Sex is not the answer.&nbsp; Sex is the question.&nbsp; &quot;Yes&quot; is the answer.&nbsp; ~Swami X<br />Men get laid, but women get screwed.&nbsp; ~Quentin Crisp<br />When a man talks dirty to a woman, it&#039;s sexual harassment.&nbsp; When a woman talks dirty to a man, it&#039;s $3.95 a minute.&nbsp; ~Author Unknown<br />If you use the electric vibrator near water, you will come and go at the same time.&nbsp; ~Louise Sammons<br />Sex got me into trouble from the age of fifteen:&nbsp; I&#039;m hoping that by the time I&#039;m seventy I&#039;ll straighten it out.&nbsp; ~Harold Robbins<br />Having sex is like playing bridge.&nbsp; If you don&#039;t have a good partner, you&#039;d better have a good hand.&nbsp; ~Woody Allen<br />An erection is like the Theory of Relativity - the more you think about it, the harder it gets.&nbsp; ~Author Unknown<br />My cock doesn&#039;t talk politics.

Quote Originally Posted by white9
    ok so southcoast will most likely replace my warped rotors that have 7000 highway miles and no track days on them
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD_FKTARD
    how do you wrap your rotors?
    Lewis, go find something to do that is more productive than reading someone's post wrong and make yourself look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by white9
    They would most likely turn your rotors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast