Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

Re: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

o sweet there not suuuuper warped or anything yet but i wanna get them fixed before is gets bad.
    <br /><br />Alex: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could crash here for a while. <br />Dante: Whoa, I don&#039;t know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days. <br />Alex: You&#039;re getting a lion? <br />Dante: Yeah. <br />Alex: Why? <br />Dante: To protect my shit. <br />Alex: Never heard of a dog? <br />Dante: Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody fucks with a lion. <br />Alex: Yeah, that&#039;s true.

Re: Braking problems, high speed steering wheel shake, "warped rotors" MEGAMERGE

Quote Originally Posted by white9
    ok so southcoast will most likely replace my warped rotors that have 7000 highway miles and no track days on them
    which is exactly why you haven't warped them.

Quote Originally Posted by white9
    o sweet there not suuuuper warped or anything yet but i wanna get them fixed before is gets bad.
    how do you get non suuper warped rotors? and how to you get them SUUUPPPER warped???

hmmm lets see... non super warped is when the rotors are not completely trashed... super warped is when they are junk..
    <br /><br />Alex: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could crash here for a while. <br />Dante: Whoa, I don&#039;t know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days. <br />Alex: You&#039;re getting a lion? <br />Dante: Yeah. <br />Alex: Why? <br />Dante: To protect my shit. <br />Alex: Never heard of a dog? <br />Dante: Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody fucks with a lion. <br />Alex: Yeah, that&#039;s true.

i think the point of warped rotors = trashed evades you

ok thanks for the info guys ^^

North OC Meet Coordinator R-EVOLUTION's Avatar
    Cars
    Evo IX

I have 2 issue's
    1) re-surfface rotors or go with Stoptech

and

2) which pads to get
    *Endless Vita Nuova
    or
    *Hawk HPS

NEED FEED BACK!
    INSTAGRAM:REVOLUTIONIX

i have Endless Two-piece rotors that are dimpled and slotted, are they okai to resurface?
    | Muellerized | Buddy Club | 5zigen | Greddy | K&amp;N | RRE | Apex&#039;i | <br />| Varis | RALLInspired | Autopower | Rotora | NITTO |<br /><br />&quot;straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers&quot;<br /><br />E85 tune<br />350whp<br />354lbtq

North OC Meet Coordinator R-EVOLUTION's Avatar
    Cars
    Evo IX

i thnk they are i have to take them to the guy to check them out if they cant resurface them ima need some need rotors...
    INSTAGRAM:REVOLUTIONIX

It's not. I had a friend who thought while washing his car in cold weather with smokes comming out of his rotor was cool. He kept on spraying until it didn't smoke anymore and his rotors warped. It was 2 days old.
    wow...people do amazing things...

Hey will Mitsubishi cover the warped rotors if i still have warranty?
    Evos Rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedia619
    Hey will Mitsubishi cover the warped rotors if i still have warranty?
    Depending on what you do with your car... meaning if you rally or go in the dirt they will see junk/dirt and everything else emerged in the pads, and not warranty them. Take them to Southcoast and ask Steve. They warrantied mine, but pretty much gave me a warning saying they won't warranty them again. because i take my car up a dirt road everyday, and in the winter it gets muddy which destroyed my pads and rotors

Anyone know how much they charge to resurface rotors?

I just installed stoptech street performance pads, and had my existing Powerslot slotted rotors turned. (the rotors were not warped, no existing problems.)
    I also bled the brakes with motul rbf600. As soon as i started rolling in the car again, when I applied braking pressure, the pedal had a pulsing feel, and I could feel it slightly in the steering wheel.. this pulsing happens at ANY speed.. EI.. rolling to a stop from 5mph??

Is this from not bedding in the pads yet? The rotors are not warped and everything is installed correctly, any help??

Ill be trying to bed them in this weekend and see if that helps. :/
    Engine- self tuned- 3&quot; custom stealth exhaust, RRE rally cat, Megan racing 3&quot; wrapped downpipe, PnP and Ceramic coated: exhaust mani, turbo hotside, and Invidia 02 housing, Perrin filter, Samco intake pipe, Spoolinup COP ignition kit, Hallman EX Pro @ 26psi, PnP and TDTL coated: intake mani, throttle body, crushed JDM BOV, ETS 3&quot; intercooler, i.c. piping, and turbo coldside, Walbro 255 f/p.<br />Suspension- Robispec basic springs, custom front camber/caster plates, WhiteLine: AR kit, SP kit, RBS kit, 24mm RSB, EnergySuspension: FSB bushings, FCA bushings, RTA bushings, on Nitto Nt05s

Try not to wash your car while your rotors are hot. Give it some cool down time.

i got problem and im not too sure its my brakes or not but i hit the brakes at 70+ once and my steering wheel was shaking but after that i nvr had it shake again, im not too sure if the brakes are the problem because the screeching noise only seems come out from 1st gear at low rpms and it doesnt matter if im braking or not, but ever since i washed my car the screech had become louder and i always wash my car after i let it sit for a while, im not sure if these are separate problems or not.
    <br />지지 지지 배이비 배이비

i've got some really bad shimmy when braking, so i'm trying to rebed them. however, i was wondering if you guys think the excessive shaking could be bad (e.g. start rattles, loosen stuff up, etc).

also, my rotors were resurfaced last may, and then i went away for the summer with the car sitting on a slight incline (1st gear and e-brake on). could that have attributed to any uneven deposits?

ZI dont know but i have the same problem. fuck evos

Subscribed

BabyEvo69
    Quote Originally Posted by mgelinas View Post
    One needs 3 things to be truly happy living in the world: some thing to do, some one to love, some thing to hope for.
    Buy WOW Gold||Cheap RS Gold || RS Gold
    You are fking stupid. Take a hike.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX, 91 eclipse gsx, and other commuters...
    If the current brake pads that are on their are still good you can sand down the brake pads down a bit and resurface the rotors. I've done this before and have had no issues. You may have to cut the rotors 2-3 times depending on how much run out the rotors have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234