Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remote start for the evo

remote start for the evo

well heres the thing guys im gonna buy my alarm soon and i was wondering should i go with having a remote start or will it just screw with my car?? any info will help thanks guys.

Re: remote start for the evo

I went with a Compustar alarm with the remote start option. It also has a built in turbotimer so it won't interfere.

I have a 2way alarm from python. (mother company is DEI, same as viper and clifford). The place I went to doesn't bypass stick shift for everyone, they have to ask you a few q's and see if they can trust you, lol.

I have autostart and I love it. I start my car 5 mins before I actually get in it. I never had an incident where I put it in gear and try to start it in the year I've had it.

Well blah blah blah... get ahold of flip... and when thats done go to ultrastarters.com... he will hook you up.... remote start and all that bullshit... anyone else is GARBAGE..

Evoate909 has it in his Evo, PM him.

The only purpose I see fit for remote start is in a very cold climate where you need to warm up the car for a long time before you can go. In SoCal I don't think it gets that cold ... That's my opinion though, just remember to keep it out of gear O0
    2006 CBR600rr Red/Black<br /><br />Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on<br />PCIII<br />Vortex Frame Sliders<br />Competition Werks FE Kit<br />6000k HIDs<br />Tripage LED 3rd Eye<br /><br />2008 TW Civic Si Sedan (Fa5)<br />HFP Front lip<br />TSX Retrofitted Projectors with e46 shrouds + 6000k HIDs<br />Xenondepot Yellow Foglights.

i remember there was an thread argued abt this .... which if i remember correctly, the conclusion was - u'll have a better chance to get ur car stolen when u having remote start....because u'll need to disable the immobilizer....

im not sure tho

not true... you do not necessarily have to deactivate the immobilizer unit... you will have to bypass it to a certain extent to allow your unit to start up
    illuzionz 1.0

i have the tt feature for my alarm, and its hooked up. im curious if i can hook up the remote start. but for some reason i dont care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EnginEar
    i have the tt feature for my alarm, and its hooked up. im curious if i can hook up the remote start. but for some reason i dont care for it.
    what alarm did u get??

i got the viper 791 xv. i kno i can just connect.... im prettty sure one wire to have the remote start. the alarm is setup as 1min for the tt. but i know if you rent or go to a place that installs alarms, they use a tool. i believe its called a bit writer to set it. ive read on the viper manual that it can either be set to 1min 3 min or 5min.

i have an Autopage RS-860LCD with built Turbo Timer, Paging, remote start, etc.
    http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....a-5f6fd435f2ac
    Ultraflip for SuperMOD!<br />Emperor Motorsports

I wonder what will happen if you put in gear with E-brake on when the hit auto start ? doesn't it just stall ?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169695<br />&lt;img src=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2679/3901/31696950004_medium.jpg&quot;&gt;

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red

^ lol thats what i always had in mind.. or when your parked facing up hill ...

I have a 5 year old Clifford w/ remote start. Still works flawlessly! I warm up my car every day before I hop in it.

And yes, if you have it in gear, w/ the E-brake on, and remote start it, then it will just stall out... I had some1 working on my car, park it, and leave it in gear...
    Thank God he pulled the E-brake!
    I never leave it in gear, unless on a slope!
    KT Motoring

I have the Compustar Pro P2WSS-AS w/ remote start and works quite well, it also included a turbo timer. As for leaving it in gear, with this alarm you cannot do that. You would have to have the car engaged in "Reservation mode" (before you turn off the ignition pop it into neutral, let off brake, & pull ebrake) in order to be able to remote start. Its a safety thing. I love it tho. O0

that sounds great, I wanna to get one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169695<br />&lt;img src=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2679/3901/31696950004_medium.jpg&quot;&gt;

i have the viper with auto start and turbo timer... best thing ever...

hey evoboost,
    where did you get ur compustar??
    proudly a massimo power &amp; RRE fanboi =)

Quote Originally Posted by super 6-1
    hey evoboost,
    where did you get ur compustar??
    Got mines from DT Autosound, there located in Rosemead off the 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast