Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Driving Tips/ Tire Chain laws

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Re: Winter Driving Tips/ Tire Chain laws

Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Great post. Love the mammoth pic. Thats what my car always looks like in the morning when Im up there.

With the Dunlops, you feel you have not problem driving in the snow? How about on the small hills of the city? Do you roll back or is everything pretty rock solid with those tires?

I am looking to buy my snow tires in the next couple days, and I would like some feedback from anyone who has opinions on the snow tires theyre rocking!
    <br />***Disclaimer:<br />The views expressed in this post are all jokes and are made to be humor filled. In no way shape or form are we condoning racing or dissin&#039; ppl who love cf and dress their cars in it.... Thank you and sorry for anything taken out of context... - Fullerton Management***<br />

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by initial_j
    Great post.Â* Love the mammoth pic.Â* Thats what my car always looks like in the morning when Im up there.Â*

With the Dunlops, you feel you have not problem driving in the snow?Â* How about on the small hills of the city?Â* Do you roll back or is everything pretty rock solid with those tires?

I am looking to buy my snow tires in the next couple days, and I would like some feedback from anyone who has opinions on the snow tires theyre rocking!
    I chose the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D since they are V speed rated tires and 90% of the driving to Mammoth is thru hot/desert roads. I also chose them since they got decent reviews on Tirerack. Yes some other tires like Blizzak's do have better traction in the snow, but they also have lower rated speed tires. They seems to handle very well in the snow and if its very snowy/icy, i lower the tire 5psi or so for better traction.
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

yeah, the blizzak's have also been recommended, however, by tire shops not actual drivers of snow tires. I will probably go with the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D as well.
    <br />***Disclaimer:<br />The views expressed in this post are all jokes and are made to be humor filled. In no way shape or form are we condoning racing or dissin&#039; ppl who love cf and dress their cars in it.... Thank you and sorry for anything taken out of context... - Fullerton Management***<br />

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by initial_j
    yeah, the blizzak's have also been recommended, however, by tire shops not actual drivers of snow tires.Â* I will probably go with the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D as well.
    Sometimes i get lazy during the winter and leave my snowtires on driving around LA. I'm assuming my Dunlop V rated snowtires would fare better in LA driving than a H, R , or Q rated tire.

M 81 mph 130 km/h
    N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires
    P 93 mph 150 km/h
    Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires
    R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires
    S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
    T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
    U 124 mph 200 km/h
    H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes
    V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=35

good read, im goin to mammoth next month

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Good time to bump this thread since SoCal got its first major snowstorm of the year

Finally SNOW!

Tahoe here i come!

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Bumping thread due to the crazy weather we're getting here.

bump! crazy weather
    mammoth this week!
    600RR<br />Soon to get an evo, or not, or maybe not

SNooooooow! Gotta love it
    <br /><br />Alex: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could crash here for a while. <br />Dante: Whoa, I don&#039;t know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days. <br />Alex: You&#039;re getting a lion? <br />Dante: Yeah. <br />Alex: Why? <br />Dante: To protect my shit. <br />Alex: Never heard of a dog? <br />Dante: Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody fucks with a lion. <br />Alex: Yeah, that&#039;s true.

BUMP this BUMP this

8 feet of snow by the end of the week

mammoth here i come!
    600RR<br />Soon to get an evo, or not, or maybe not

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback

very good information, thank you very much! planning on taking my childrent to big bear w/in the next few weeks and i just picked up a set of ultra high performance all seaon tires for $87 a piece on tirerack Sumitomos. i read reviews stating these were pretty good in the snow. can anyone confirm this? so far w/ the heavy rains, they feel solid and i hope they are just as good in the snow. drive safe everyone and have fun on the slopes!
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12