Thread: Good beginner cameras

Good beginner cameras

I'm looking for a good beginner camera for taking pictures of the car. I was thinking of a beginner SLR camera or some sorts? Can somebody lead me in the right direction go head?
    2006 CBR600rr Red/Black<br /><br />Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on<br />PCIII<br />Vortex Frame Sliders<br />Competition Werks FE Kit<br />6000k HIDs<br />Tripage LED 3rd Eye<br /><br />2008 TW Civic Si Sedan (Fa5)<br />HFP Front lip<br />TSX Retrofitted Projectors with e46 shrouds + 6000k HIDs<br />Xenondepot Yellow Foglights.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Re: Good beginner cameras

they even have some specials on some of the nikon SLR's..
    you have options like the D40 or D50 at a great price... if you dont want to spend too much on a high quality camera.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

therez always canon to contrast with nikon's....
    the new Rebel XTi (aka 400d) seem like a good deal, u can do pretty much things that a pro can do!

ps. i found out that great quality pix not only needs a nice camera body and good skills...but also need a great quality lens that can always kil ur wallet easily (thatz why i can go get some lenses that are other than the stock one yet..)

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

+1 to a d40 .. I own a d50 and
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by andyluk
    therez always canon to contrast with nikon's....
    the new Rebel XTi (aka 400d) seem like a good deal, u can do pretty much things that a pro can do!

ps. i found out that great quality pix not only needs a nice camera body and good skills...but also need a great quality lens that can always kil ur wallet easily (thatz why i can go get some lenses that are other than the stock one yet..)
    but how much is the canon rebel ?
    isnt that thing around 700-800 (depending on where you purchased at)
    the d40 (somewhere in the 400-500 range) d50 (500-600 range) with the difference you can even purchase a better lens ...
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

although i would prefer a Canon, i would definitly get a Nikon for their great prices. with the money you save you can use it on better lenses and other accesories you may need. i think the quality and contruction on the Nikon's are almost as good as Canon's.

since your just beginning you dont need to pick up a $900 SLR. so yeah go with a nikon d40 or d50 if you want to spend a bit more cash. when my gf and i picked up a d50 we got a package deal that included 2 lenses from Ritz Camera for around $700. dont know if theyre still running the same special.
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

Cars

Quote Originally Posted by jayvolution
    although i would prefer a Canon, i would definitly get a Nikon for their great prices. with the money you save you can use it on better lenses and other accesories you may need. i think the quality and contruction on the Nikon's are almost as good as Canon's.

since your just beginning you dont need to pick up a $900 SLR. so yeah go with a nikon d40 or d50 if you want to spend a bit more cash. when my gf and i picked up a d50 we got a package deal that included 2 lenses from Ritz Camera for around $700. dont know if theyre still running the same special.
    what kind of lenses did you get ? need specs LOL

hmm so nikon d40 and 50 would be ideal for me? They seem like a good price range too.. being in the < 500 area lol
    2006 CBR600rr Red/Black<br /><br />Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on<br />PCIII<br />Vortex Frame Sliders<br />Competition Werks FE Kit<br />6000k HIDs<br />Tripage LED 3rd Eye<br /><br />2008 TW Civic Si Sedan (Fa5)<br />HFP Front lip<br />TSX Retrofitted Projectors with e46 shrouds + 6000k HIDs<br />Xenondepot Yellow Foglights.

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Quote Originally Posted by mister thura
    hmm so nikon d40 and 50 would be ideal for me? They seem like a good price range too.. being in the < 500 area lol
    Shameless plug for myself but hey- gotta do what you gotta do

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=37095.0
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvolution

what kind of lenses did you get ? need specs LOL
    i'll get the specs on the lenses for you when i get home.
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

get the rebel Xti

trust me..you'll probably wouldnt upgrade in a long time
    | Muellerized | Buddy Club | 5zigen | Greddy | K&amp;N | RRE | Apex&#039;i | <br />| Varis | RALLInspired | Autopower | Rotora | NITTO |<br /><br />&quot;straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers&quot;<br /><br />E85 tune<br />350whp<br />354lbtq

if you go with a nikon get the d50, way more lenses available then the d40, if you get the d50 from ritz camera they will give you a smoking deal, on a bag/camera/lenses/anything.

Have a look at Canon PowerShot A495.
    Canon PowerShot A495 has created a camera that's pretty easy for beginners to use with good entry-level photography features. It works especially well for shooting photos in outdoor lighting. A below-average LCD screen is the biggest disappointment, and the A495's shutter lag will cost you a few spontaneous photos. However, the camera's other features are good enough for a model in its price range. I like the PowerShot A495's clean, sharp look. It's available in red, blue, or silver camera bodies, trimmed in a curved black stripe along the side and top of the camera. The lens retracts completely inside the camera. The PowerShot A495 is a little thicker than some new models, measuring 1.2 inches.
    Orange Contender Elite 50-60# GTX 31&quot; draw<br />White Carbon Matrix plus 60-70# RKT 31.5&quot; draw<br />Green Vantage Elite 40-50# SpiralX 31&quot; draw<br />digital hd video camera

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9

Did u look at the date on this?^^^ FAIL
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

LMAO