Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SES, CEL, test pipe, low catalyst, o2 sim, spark plug defouler MERGE

Re: service engine light

the o2 sensor if your downpipe has no port or your cat if the turboback has no electrical connector... itd help if u get a code reader
    Team Transport: SoCal&#039;s Daily Driver Show Team<br />Visit us @ www.teamtransport.org

no i do not have a cat and how do i get rid of the problem since i dont have a cat? and is it a big deal that i have that problem?

Re: HELP!!! CEL HELP!!!

u didnt clear the code from the first time probably.. u could be looking at a code that u alrdy fixed. pull the batt. power and reset ur ecu.. see if it throws u a code still
    Team Transport: SoCal&#039;s Daily Driver Show Team<br />Visit us @ www.teamtransport.org

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!

This has been covered 100x if you just use the search.
    Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Service Engine Soon Light

Ever since I got my TBE (Espelir cat back, Espelir downpipe and RRE rallycat) 2 months ago, my service engine soon light is on. I installed Perrin O2 simulator and still the light is on. Does anyone has this set up and problem? I heard that the O2 sensor might be bad or the O2 sensor is not reading correctly since on Espelir exhaust it does not sit deep enough. Any suggestions, your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Service Engine Soon Light

check how the o2 simulator was installed... there may be an error there
    illuzionz 1.0

That simulator is pretty expensive.
    I'd phone the vendor or manufacturer and report that issue.

If all else fails you can use of those anti-fouler bungs.
    I have seen that works wonders on many a car...

Thanks for your suggestions. I will get it checked to see if the simulator was installed correctly and contact the vedor to report the issue.

It's hard not to install that correctly. It's just a plug that only connects one way.

To be on the safe side, you might want to disconnect it and verify all the contact points are clean. Then reset your ecu and reconnect the simulator (making certain you hear it click/lock into place).

Blaze

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR

Pull the code- see if its even the cat inefficiency one - could be something else lol
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Mechanical O2 Sim Not Working with New Exhaust?

I just switched from an Espelir catback exhaust to a HKS Carbon Ti. Now my Service Engine Soon light keeps coming on with the HKS exhaust. I was using a mechanical O2 sim with the Espelir and never got a SES light but now with the HKS exhaust the SES keeps turning on. Anyone know why this is happening?

Re: Mechanical O2 Sim Not Working with New Exhaust?

are you using 1 or two anti fouler plugs? if you're using 1.. add 1 more... it should fix it
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflip
    are you using 1 or two anti fouler plugs? if you're using 1.. add 1 more... it should fix it
    I was only using 1 with the Espelir and had no problems. When I switched to the HKS I used 1 defouler then the SES came on. I put the second defouler on, reset the ECU and still get a SES light.

Quote Originally Posted by raph
    I was only using 1 with the Espelir and had no problems. When I switched to the HKS I used 1 defouler then the SES came on. I put the second defouler on, reset the ECU and still get a SES light.
    were they both drilled?
    illuzionz 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by raph
    were they both drilled?
    Only one was drilled and I used the drilled one to connect to the O2 bung on the exhaust.

Evolved
    Cars
    What else? wait... WRX Wagon !!!

Are you sure your SES is because of your Exhaust?

if not, try Autozone and have them pull out the code

Evoegg

I am sure it's the exhaust. The SES light came on about 15 miles after I installed the HKS exhaust.

the drilled piece is supposed to be screwed onto the non-drilled piece.* The undrilled piece is the one that needs to be screwed into the bung.

Only one was drilled and I used the drilled one to connect to the O2 bung on the exhaust.

and just out of curiosity... what was the code that was pulled from the SES light?
    illuzionz 1.0

Finally pulled the code today.

P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Volts (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I guess I damaged the wires on the O2 sensor?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast