Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SES, CEL, test pipe, low catalyst, o2 sim, spark plug defouler MERGE

Re: Mechanical O2 Sim Not Working with New Exhaust?

I have the same problem, with the same exhaust! I'm thinking about trying a electrical CEL fix...

Evolved
    Cars
    What else? wait... WRX Wagon !!!

I see..

Guys, is your o2 sensor stuck against the car body? if so.. it might happen!!!

I weld the o2 bung a little, just to clear the bottom of my car. Check out the pic & see it yourself..

you can see the o2 sensor was touching the car, but now it has 2" gap inbetween.

hope this helps. there are fitment issues for us 05 Evo8 ...

Evoegg

i've got the works Exhale 3" exhaust and i had to bang the underbody metal out of the way in order for it not to rattle. but whenever i'm driving through rain or a big puddle it rattles like CRAZY and i can' move the underbody metal any more than it already is...
    <br />[size=9px]There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games - Hemingway<br /><br />you&#039;ll get shorter stopping distances by slowing the fuck down - rammsteinmatt<br /><br />ay, there&#039;s the rub; That in that sleep of death what dreams may come.<br /><br />&quot;Sponsors&quot;: Yakima, K&amp;N, Speed Source, Bridgestone, S2K, Viper, WORKS, Motul, RRE,&nbsp; Samco, Ferodo, JDM, Kosei, APR, RallyArmor[/size]

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmit331
    i've got the works Exhale 3" exhaust and i had to bang the underbody metal out of the way in order for it not to rattle. but whenever i'm driving through rain or a big puddle it rattles like CRAZY and i can' move the underbody metal any more than it already is...
    you can always move the location of the 02 sensor, but it requires placing another 02 bunk on the catback section....
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

I had that problem with my esplier catback when I still had my 8... It would hit the underbody at WOT and on nasty bumps... I'm kind of glad they moved it to the cat on the 9... Sounds like you have a loose/broken wire on your o2 sensor...

Annoying CEL

I recently installed a full exhaust from RRE, including rallycat, and I keep getting the annoying check engine light. I purchased a CEL eliminator, and it returned. I went back, and they thought the CEL eliminator was faulty. They replaced it but it has again returned. I am getting 3 O2 sensor error codes and I am now wondering whether I should just run the car with the CEL, or consider changing the rallycat to a highflow cat. I also installed a pump, injectors, cam, cam gear, filter, and a Gray flash, but I doubt those would be giving me the error codes especially since the car doesn't seem to run differently. Anyone have a similar experience? Would you guys just change the cat or would you just run with the CEL? If I run with the CEL, will my ECU default to a potentially lower fuel or ignition map (IĀ* doubt it, but just curious)?

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Re: Annoying CEL

What error codes is it pulling?
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

yes post the codes

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by wj4
    yes post the codes
    +1

evo owners definitely need to get one of these:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

Sportback Evolution MR

I will get back to you on that. I will ask Eddie at RRE what they were. I am also going to stop by Autozone and write them down tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thanks Trinydex, I may try that if I absolutely have to. The problem is that I have tried 2 CEL eliminators already, which should have worked.

macky, i bought an obdII scanner off ebay for a lot less. the seller has different models, but i just bought the regular model for $50. all it does is read/erase the codes, which is good enough for me i suppose.
    i do agree that if you have extra money, you should buy some sort of an obd2 reader.

the thing is the o2 sims rarely work and they cost a ton more than these passive devices and are harder to install usually with wiring being done under the carpet and what not.

you can even buy these things premade on ebay for less than an o2 sim costs.

rre also sells them.

I bought and had installed 2 different CEL eliminators from RRE. The CEL came back both times.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...adapter_fr.JPG

did you try stacking two?

No, I don't think they tried that.

try that, the rre ones are a tad on the short side. but two would be longer than the spark plug defouler ones.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Hope you can make it to an upcoming track event.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly
    I bought and had installed 2 different CEL eliminators from RRE. The CEL came back both times.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...adapter_fr.JPG
    Never had a cell thrown with my rre cel eliminator. You might have another problem. For those that want a good tool to identify and reset the cel but does logging as well, get the pocket logger. Worth the 120.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast