Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW = World Of Warcraft

Re: WOW = World Of Warcraft

lol 70 i havent even bought expansion cuz i havent passed 30
    Dont make me angry<br /><br />

Yeah SW and IF are the two best things about playing horde side hahahhahaha...you don't have to deal with those two on a saturday night. My fav is UC.
    sig.

Haha IF ghost town FTW. I like logging in and actually being able to see the mailbox.

I'm gonna be building a new rig hopefully within the next week or so. When I get it all setup I'll probably be playing WoW again, but not really too hardcore. If anyone is interested in rolling a character (probably horde side) with me and some friends let me know. There will probably be between 5-10 of us to start, a couple haijin style players and some casuals. I'll be fairly casual, but I'd like to eventually start raiding every once in awhile depending on schedule.
    sig.

Sounds like fun, I'd be willing to do that. Won't be able to play a ton because I'm dedicated to another character already. But hey I have plenty of free time, should be able to alternate between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    Wah-OH we have a 70 on the board...get out of the way we have an addict!!!
    There's plenty of people that are 70 right now, it doesn't take long to get there. I guess you didn't hear about the person who got to 70 in ~28 hours? :D I got to 70 (60-70) in about a week, helps that myself and my room mate both had a mini vacation. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon H
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    Wah-OHÂ* we have a 70 on the board...get out of the way we have an addict!!!
    There's plenty of people that are 70 right now, it doesn't take long to get there. I guess you didn't hear about the person who got to 70 in ~28 hours? :D I got to 70 (60-70) in about a week, helps that myself and my room mate both had a mini vacation. :)
    Yeah I read about that on BG. Apparently he tagged all the mobs and his guildies zerged everything. Kinda lame if you ask me, but hey to each his own. I hear it's pretty easy to get to 70, and that the new gear is pretty solid, even greens/blues that even casual gamers can get.

sig.

anyone a 70 draine or bloodelf

there's a few 60+ draenei and BE on my server, not sure if any of them have actually hit 70.

MAGICAL BOOTS OF ESCAPE!!!!!!!!
    ã©ã†ã‚‚ï¼ãƒãƒ¼ãƒ‰ãƒ»ã‚²ã‚¤ã§ã™ï¼ãƒ•ã‚©ãƒ¼ãƒ ¼ï¼

Quote Originally Posted by urmotha
    there's a few 60+ draenei and BE on my server, not sure if any of them have actually hit 70.
    Ok, so I was pretty haijin in FFXI. I played probably about 10 hours a day during the week, and virtually all day every saturday and sunday. Didn't get out much back then rofl. But the above is really kinda retarded. I can totally see taking your previously lvl 60 character through to 70 in a couple of days because it's really only grinding xp. You'll miss a little bit of storyline, but not much. Starting a new race and grinding to 70 in a couple days is just retarded, even for the hardcore. It's still a game and storylines and exploring new zones and such is still part of the fun, at least for me it is. I dunno, like I said before...I played a ton of FFXI (I was famous on teh internets wooooo), but when it came time to walk away, I did. Grinding a new race that fast smells like an addict in mommy's basement lol.

sig.

Yeah that's just out of control... I play more than I probably should, and I'm still only 66

I can't wait til I get this rig sorted out. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to buy or build. Whatever it is though, look for the big mushroom cloud over Huntington Beach...that will denote the first time I turn the box on LOL. Gonna' buy/build something pretty sick.

WoW is soooooo weird though. I'm fairly hard pressed to find some REALLY good forums out there. I know there are a ton of guild sites and all, and of course the official forums and lolallakazham, but it seems that the community in WoW is nowhere near as vocal/entertaining as the FFXI community. Maybe it's because of all the retarded prepube alliance fanboys that play WoW. FFXI had a bit of an older playerbase methinks. And that's partially the reason I rolled horde when I first started playing WoW...The barrens is bad, but OMG it's no SW or IF hahahaha. How many times have you gone down to take the tram and ran right into a male NE cybering a female gnome hahaha.
    sig.

Blizzard games tend to attract the worst scum of the earth gamers to play. Only in Blizzard games do you have shady, scandalous, and selfish whores that will do anything to screw you over. Just look at some of guilds that do endgame raiding and you will see what I mean. That coupled with all these annoying young brats that play make for lots drama as well.

The way to go is to make a small, tight knit group of friends who you play with most often. Oh yea, theres pretty much no relevant information to be found on any wow forums, lol...

I played Horde on Darkspear btw..

I don't think that Blizzard actualy attracts scum gamers. I think the internet does bro. Anything online is going to filled with pukes because of the anonymity. You can fuck someone over for a virtual item, then have your mommy come in and tell you to clean your room right afterwards. I played WoW for about 5 months. I think FFXI has more straight up evil people. WoW people are just the annoying...argue in town about who was better Kirk or Picard...alliance punks in SW are the WORST.
    sig.

Quote Originally Posted by dabie
    Blizzard games tend to attract the worst scum of the earth gamers to play. Only in Blizzard games do you have shady, scandalous, and selfish whores that will do anything to screw you over. Just look at some of guilds that do endgame raiding and you will see what I mean. That coupled with all these annoying young brats that play make for lots drama as well.

The way to go is to make a small, tight knit group of friends who you play with most often. Oh yea, theres pretty much no relevant information to be found on any wow forums, lol...

I played Horde on Darkspear btw..

I was in Vicious Cycle on Frostwolf/Frostmane. I agree that some were dicks but I had a group of guys that I knew pretty well and all we did was PVP. VC verbally required everyone to be at least 20+ and trial period and vote on membership. Stewball IMO was the best leader I've been with and I'm pretty sure lots of people knew about him, he would yell the shit out you if you screwed up so kids usually don't stay long. You really have to understand that there are kids as young as 10 year olds playing this game so don't expect everyone to treat you with respect.

anyone wanna buy gold? only 39.99 yea thats right only 39.99 and all we need is account and password!

Quote Originally Posted by RdEvo
    anyone wanna buy gold? only 39.99 yea thats right only 39.99 and all we need is account and password!
    WTF? You're a Chinese farmer? If it's 39.99 for 1000g, I'll take 1000g!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I laugh my ass off everytime I see people shouting to sell gold in WoW. Gold is ridiculously EASY to make in WoW...if you play on the alliance side, it's a complete joke. The Alliance AH is soooooo much better than Horde side. When I rerolled a Gnome Mage with some friends on Veknilash (just for fun 'cause we are all horde players) I was shocked how easy it was to get gold with dual gathering. I had enough money for my mount at like lvl 20 or so hahaha. Horde side on Muradin, I had money for my mount just in time at like lvl 39.

FFXI is a TOTALLY different story. I see a ton of people complaining about the grind in WoW...they know NOTHING unless they've played FFXI. Granted, once you hit lvl 75 and have your gear set for your main (well, when is gear ever set and done right? lol), you have to farm for literally days and weeks in some cases just to gear your next jobs. Unless of course you want to be gimp. Luckily for me, I was a THF main (with simply ridiculous gear), and I could solo farm almost 100% of my money. However, it just took waaaaay too long. If you chose to be a melee in FFXI...good fkn luck. The system almost forces the noobs to buy gil. Luckily also, I got in very very early and had most of my AH gear well before the economy went nuts. Long story short, it's VERY difficult, and VERY much a time sink...even for end game players who constantly do endgame activities.

In WoW, it doesn't take long at all to farm up money. Granted, I had some super pimped out Epic 60's run me through instances to pimp out my meager 53 mage, so I had some great gear for my lvl. I used to log on whenever I had, say an hour to play, and just go solo an instance, sell the BOE's and DE the BOP's and sell the mats. So, so, so, so easy.

I think Blizzard got the economy side of the game dead on. With the way that equipment disappears from the game once it is equiped (i.e. can't sell it to other players) and then with constant repair costs, especially for raiders, gold almost has no value outside of personal use. Of course, you could just go to IGE and buy 1k gold for pretty cheap and save yourself some farming time. But then two things would happen. A) you'd be a raging fag for buying virtual currency and B) you'd miss out on some of the draw that makes RPG's interesting, right? Let's face it, sometimes the time sink is a little part of what makes an RPG "fun". Building a character that takes hard work and effort...you know, kinda like life (lol@me for making a real life analogy to a video game).
    sig.

In TBC you get rich just by playing at all, no need for farming! :)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast