Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: brake noise squeek squeel squeal squak make noise noisy MERGE

Re: Squeaking breaks

using the search function you may have learned that squeaky breaks are the norm on an evo. i know because "squeaky brakes" was one of my very first posts here at socalevo.
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

Quote Originally Posted by gen4k20a2
    I spray the balls off my calipers and rotors. What do you do when it rains....not drive your car?
    +1
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

hm...i found that thread.

i guess i'll just try not to spray them as much though.
    haha.

thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by thisxguy
    hm...i found that thread.

i guess i'll just try not to spray them as much though.
    haha.

thanks guys.
    You didn't buy a "normal car".

Your brakes are performance oriented Brembos. They're going to squeel from time to time.
    Make certain you bed them properly in order to reduce the noise.

Blaze

Yup, these brakes make noise...get used to it!

On that note...does anyone else in here have a "clunk" sound coming from there brakes when they use them, but only after you havent hit them for a few minutes? I think its just the slop being taken up, but I'm not sure
    Polska WalczÄ…ca

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

On any car, water + rotors=rust =squeaky as well
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

dont spray the rotors with water when there really hot

i already know not to spray them when they're hot.

thanks for the info guys

Go ahead and spray your brakes down with water when you wash the car, when there cold of course. It gets all the residue off of them that accumulates over time. The build up of brake dust can contribute to squeaking as well. The water wont hurt them at all, just drive around the block after youve finished cleaning the car to dry off the brakes. And if you think the stock set up squeaks you should try some race pads.
    `` Look sideways at a 4G63 and it will make power.Â* It is the most forgiving turbocharged engine we know of. `` -Jared Holstein SCC<br /><br /> <br />Tarek yo couch!

I went from an 04 which squeaked slightly during break in,... to my '06 RS which squeals under light braking on a regular basis. At first I found the difference disturbing, but then I was told in '05 they changed to a less organic pad than previously on the car.

I love the way my Evo brakes,... when it squeals, if people look, they just see how hot my Scarlett is.

i wanted to see how big of a difference the backing plates made on the brakes and the sqealing, so i left them off when i changed my rear pads (third time in 44,000 miles with a new set of rotors too). they squealed like MAD. i kinda liked it and thought about taking the front backing plates off too, but decided to put the backing plates back on and there's no squeal whatsoever.

do you have the backing plates on?
    <br />[size=9px]There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games - Hemingway<br /><br />you&#039;ll get shorter stopping distances by slowing the fuck down - rammsteinmatt<br /><br />ay, there&#039;s the rub; That in that sleep of death what dreams may come.<br /><br />&quot;Sponsors&quot;: Yakima, K&amp;N, Speed Source, Bridgestone, S2K, Viper, WORKS, Motul, RRE,&nbsp; Samco, Ferodo, JDM, Kosei, APR, RallyArmor[/size]

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmit331
    i wanted to see how big of a difference the backing plates made on the brakes and the sqealing, so i left them off when i changed my rear pads (third time in 44,000 miles with a new set of rotors too). they squealed like MAD.* i kinda liked it and thought about taking the front backing plates off too, but decided to put the backing plates back on and there's no squeal whatsoever.

Are you referring to the brake pad shims?
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skiracer
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenmit331
    i wanted to see how big of a difference the backing plates made on the brakes and the sqealing, so i left them off when i changed my rear pads (third time in 44,000 miles with a new set of rotors too). they squealed like MAD. i kinda liked it and thought about taking the front backing plates off too, but decided to put the backing plates back on and there's no squeal whatsoever.

Are you referring to the brake pad shims?
    shims ... backing plates ... Baxter, you know i don't speak spanish!

(yes)
    <br />[size=9px]There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games - Hemingway<br /><br />you&#039;ll get shorter stopping distances by slowing the fuck down - rammsteinmatt<br /><br />ay, there&#039;s the rub; That in that sleep of death what dreams may come.<br /><br />&quot;Sponsors&quot;: Yakima, K&amp;N, Speed Source, Bridgestone, S2K, Viper, WORKS, Motul, RRE,&nbsp; Samco, Ferodo, JDM, Kosei, APR, RallyArmor[/size]

bro... try the project mu pads those squeak ALL the time but hell i dont care they stop on a dime... and trust me i need that haha
    Live Fast Die Fast

Evolved
    Cars
    evo ocho

i show no mercy towards the rotors and pads when it comes to using the power washer...i just take it for a spin around the block and do some moderate braking to to get the rust off

i just followed the bed procedures from stoptech O0
    hey roll down your windows down I wanna talk
    open door instead and say I just got my windows tinted
    where did you get your car from?
    i give him the name that's on my dealer paper plates
    your car is sick!!!
    1st weekend cruise in evo and 1st props coming from a stranger driving a G35 coupe

noisy brakes

hey guys, i cant figure out whats wrong with my brakes. i changed the rotors and pads, yet they make a horrible sqeeking noise as you roll to a stop (under 15mph or so). Before then there is no noise what so ever. Any ideas?

Re: noisy brakes

you need to break in ur pads... whaht pads are you using?
    [size=20pt]Â*&nbsp; OMG Hi[/size]
    (tee hee)<br /><br />j_nizzle: omgoshers!!! you are so cool!

search...this has been covered before (i was one who posted one thread like this also)

your brakes are brembos...they're performance oriented. performance brakes squeal. go buy yourself a set of track brake pads...those squeal like no other. our brembos will squeal but not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by thisxguy
    search...this has been covered before (i was one who posted one thread like this also)

your brakes are brembos...they're performance oriented. performance brakes squeal. go buy yourself a set of track brake pads...those squeal like no other. our brembos will squeal but not as much.
    my brembos never squealed on me. my endless vita nouvas are a diff story however.
    try to bed them in, do a set of 5-6 hard braking from 60-10 but do not completely stop. see if that helps

my brembos squeak once in a while...usually when im in reverse and under light breaking

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast