Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: brake noise squeek squeel squeal squak make noise noisy MERGE

Re: noisy brakes

Turn the Radio up louder? JK Try (in a safe area) stomping on the brakes hard enough to make ABS come on for a few seconds....that usually gets the squeak away for me....at least for a bit anyways...
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

this isnt an ordinary squeel, and i did try the bedding process. Its a piercing, loud, you can hear it from inside your s500 5 cars away kinda noise. Im running centric rotors and project mu b force pads. I bought these rotors and pads trying to make this noise go away but its still here. Any ideas?

how bad is the squeeking? i know another member that has after market rotors with b force pads and his car squeeks as well

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Audi S4

Did you use the OEM shims? Also, did you apply brake pad silencer grease? BTW, B-Force pads will squeak a bit no matter how hard you try.
    Graphic/Interior Design,Branding &amp;amp; Identities, Invitations <br />www.nomadic-nomads.com

Quote Originally Posted by theoverachiever
    this isnt an ordinary squeel, and i did try the bedding process. Its a piercing, loud, you can hear it from inside your s500 5 cars away kinda noise. Im running centric rotors and project mu b force pads. I bought these rotors and pads trying to make this noise go away but its still here. Any ideas?
    you didnt break in your pads right and/or you need new ones. you might also want to check how much brake fluid you have left. you might need that.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

i have project mu and they squeeks also. try to re inbed them again by doing a series of 50 mph stops without triggering the abs. do that about 5 times and just let the car roll to a stop do not stop the car completely by apply brakes. that should get it re-inbedded.
    RRE GT3076R, AMS intercooler, COSI M2 CAMS, 880cc fic, wlb fp, forge mbc, hks upic w/bov, hks 4&quot; rs intake, hks hipermax coilovers, helix dp, testpipe, trust ti(not greddy ti) rare shiznit!, gold advan rs 18x9 +29 offset, ralliart lip,defi amber gauges, evo 7 tails, etc....more to come!

the squeek is from the hardness of the pads or dust that causes vibrations. you need to damp out the vibrations. you can only do this with pad shims and pad installation grease.

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=23636.0

Re: brake noise

understand why brakes squeek squeel

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=23636.0

my brakes are sooooooooooooo annoying!

my brakes are being quite an ass to me for the passed month.

it squeaks in the parking lot and makes a sound that only 50 yr old cars make.

what could it be.

the sound is like a squeak...squeak...squeak...squeak.sound when im driving at least 20mph.

the sound is coming from the rear driver side brake.

could it be the pads are just dirty?

could it be the pads need to be changed?

or the the rotor has to be machined?
    | Muellerized | Buddy Club | 5zigen | Greddy | K&amp;N | RRE | Apex&#039;i | <br />| Varis | RALLInspired | Autopower | Rotora | NITTO |<br /><br />&quot;straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers&quot;<br /><br />E85 tune<br />350whp<br />354lbtq

Brakes keep squealing HELP!!!!

I just changed my brake pads 3 weeks ago to Hawk HPS pads. (The are ferro-carbon compound pads) Since then they have been squeaking. I'v tried stopping hard, I shaved off some pad, and put about 500 miles on them and its all street driving. They squeak at 45 mph and 25-0 mph and its so annoying. Maybe there not worn in yet but how long does it normaly take to wear in pads? :mitsu:
    2005 Evolution 8<br />Fp green turbo, Injen intercooler pipes, Aem intake, Apexi induction box, 255 fp, Prosport gauges, Apexi downpipe, RRE rallycat, Hks hi-power catback, Kelford 272 cams, ARP Headstuds, Greddy type S bov, GM 3 Port, spoolin up cop kit, an a few sets of rims haha. <br />-------------------------Low Budget Racing--------------------<br /> -----------------------------Rallinspired -----------------------

Re: Brakes keep squealing HELP!!!!

did you break them in like the stoptech website suggests?

sounds like you just finished the install and expected everything to be fine...
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

Where are you located? Â*Maybe I can help you out. Â*I've come to find out that putting antisqueal compound in just the right places is critical to getting street pads from squealing.

well i knew they would squeak but not for this long. I live in downey. Im was gonna go tomorrow after work and get that compound and see if that helps. This is my second evo i used stock pads on the other car and didnt really have any problems? but i just wasnt sure if these new pads are supposed to squeak for this long?
    2005 Evolution 8<br />Fp green turbo, Injen intercooler pipes, Aem intake, Apexi induction box, 255 fp, Prosport gauges, Apexi downpipe, RRE rallycat, Hks hi-power catback, Kelford 272 cams, ARP Headstuds, Greddy type S bov, GM 3 Port, spoolin up cop kit, an a few sets of rims haha. <br />-------------------------Low Budget Racing--------------------<br /> -----------------------------Rallinspired -----------------------

You have better do something quick, cuz the squeek can piss u off after awhile. The trick is to grease them like a mother!!! I had some Hawk HPS pads and they squeeked for as long as I had them on the car. Many people have had problems with these pads, but I would try greasing them with Hi-temp grease first. Let us know what happens.
    <br /><br />&quot;Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been.&#039;&#039; - Albert Einstein

Thanks everyone for your help ill let you know how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by EvoTuner2005
    Thanks everyone for your help ill let you know how it turns out
    NP, good luck.
    <br /><br />&quot;Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been.&#039;&#039; - Albert Einstein

Yeah, HPS squeek like hell. I have the project mu in front and hawk hps in the rear. They squeek way too much.
    <br />The #1 Bitch for Boost!<br />

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution

I have experience with the same pads. you are SOL until you switch to less aggressive pads. no amount of breaking in will remove the squeak on those.

Sportback Evolution MR

what with you people.. if you want quiet.. run stock pads.. how hard is that?

who worries about brake fade on the street?

&#039;05 MR - 27 NOS, GREEDY and AEM Stickers<br /><br />i dont give a shit how fast you THINK you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan0

what with you people.. if you want quiet.. run stock pads.. how hard is that?

my stock pads squeeked more than my endless ss-s
    www.500whp.com<br />www.muellerized.com<br />www.Lot-usa.com<br />www.Monster-Sport.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast