Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transmission rebuild pricing thread

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord

Re: Transmission rebuild pricing thread

Quote Originally Posted by tanK
    Quote Originally Posted by Terenus
    Quote Originally Posted by Azian
    well basically they sent a tranny they had out while i still drove on mine and then they installed the one that came back from sheperd and gave them my old tranny so iono why it cost $1600 plus like $800 in labor
    Question is, why does your tranny still cost $2400? Who did the swap for you? Did you contact Shep yourself?
    +1 who did all this labor for you Ben? Also, don't you have another tranny for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by vortech_g35
    Andrew,

I am sorry but the 6 spd is useless at those power levels including the ratios. We do not offer anything for them except for basic rebuilds.

You will need a 5spd and a 5 spd conversion.

John

Damn! I wanted to keep my MR a MR.
    What "power level" are you at? I already knew the 6 speed was the weak link in the MR. I plan on swapping to a 5 speed (anyone wanna trade :D ) in the future anyway... theres no doubt the 6 speed's 4-6 gears are tiny.
    yah but its an 8 tranny and i wanna keep my IX tranny ill see what ill do im gonna call TT one of these days ive been getting busier and busier lately iono why either lol
    KT Motoring'Robispec

Fast cars drag race, fast drivers road race.

Anybody have links to tranny coolers?
    &quot;But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. It&#039;s rather like if you flirt with a girl, it&#039;s more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know you&#039;re gonna get it, the other one you don&#039;t. And I think with driving a motor car, the danger is a very necessary ingredient&quot; -Sir Sterling Moss<br /><br />

whats a 5 speed conversion

Im getting tired of my 6 speed and its chortling
    &quot;If It Wasn&#039;t For Physics And Law Enforcement, I&#039;d Be Unstoppable &quot; <br /><br />&quot;Its not speed that kills its stopping suddenly thats deadly&quot;<br /><br />

Evo Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lightfighter
    whats a 5 speed conversion

Im getting tired of my 6 speed and its chortling
    When you change a 6spd to a 5spd, you need a conversion kit because the two trannies have different parts.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

Thanks yeah i didnt know about the weakness in the 6 speed
    and im one of those drivers that i think my 6 speed wont like and its starting to sound like it
    &quot;If It Wasn&#039;t For Physics And Law Enforcement, I&#039;d Be Unstoppable &quot; <br /><br />&quot;Its not speed that kills its stopping suddenly thats deadly&quot;<br /><br />

Evo Guru

The 5spd isn't going to sound much better, trust me.

Terry S
    [quote author=Ricardon link=topic=15177.msg6617356#msg6617356 date=1132790185]<br />Just about the most relevant post I have ever seen on this board...EVER!Â* Terry S not only wins the thread, he wins the board...I humbly bow out.<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=ultraflip link=topic=7103.msg6679340#msg6679340 date=1142880156]<br />HAHAHHAA... TERRY PWNZ ALLLL!!! i bow[/quote]

I feel ur pain I also wentÂ* with a shep trans EVO Upgrade/Rebuild Plus Evo 8 3-4 conversion for evo 9 trans and And now 1200 miles later 3rd gear grinds///
    I need to give them a call,,,, this sucks// $1500.00 to shep and $400 for labor..Oya plus $80 to ship my trans to them,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Azian
    yah i called sheperd yesterday and they said i had to take my tranny off Pay $150 for like double coated/syncroed something for my 5th gear and $100 labor and about $200 shipping so now im really really angry............

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord

yah that shit sucks man im pissed^^^^^tuning tech. is gonna help me out a bit though
    KT Motoring'Robispec

In peoples experience, how long does it usually take for shep or other shops to send back the tranny?

Cars
    WW IX MR, Honda Accord

mine took about 1-2monthes^^
    KT Motoring'Robispec

yeah mine took a little over a month but Im happy with the ultimate gear ratio tranny from Shep Racing,

it handles my thrashing, like a champ...
    C-Spec Tuned!!! MODS: a lot!<br /><br /><br /> GIFSoup

shit how did you get around during that time? I don't have a 2nd car.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeorphan
    shit how did you get around during that time? I don't have a 2nd car.
    I had a second car to drive around... I guess it would be difficult if you didnt have one....
    C-Spec Tuned!!! MODS: a lot!<br /><br /><br /> GIFSoup

shep did mine in 3 weeks.
    [quote author=MRavenIX link=topic=90680.msg7838452#msg7838452 date=1264018587]<br />Don&#039;t get all mad cuz you&#039;re trapped under Reese&#039;s balls... <br />[/quote]<br /><br />[quote author=ecko link=topic=95731.msg7898803#msg7898803 date=1270963439]<br />Always hating on the small guy as if you&#039;re Mr. Big Time.&nbsp; I guess you can piggyback on the Buschur name.&nbsp; Maybe you can challenge AMS?<br /><br />Just because you have a few customers with money out the ass and can post a list expensive parts doesn&#039;t mean your shit don&#039;t stink.<br />[/quote]

what is the benefit of the 4.11 final drive ratio on/off the track? :mitsu:
    VIII MR/stock turbo/supertech valvetrain/ARP headstuds/hks 272 in.ex/hks racing suction reloaded/tomei jdm bov/invidia straight-thru/gReddy o2 housing/24psi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234