Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Door Locks Not Working

Re: Power Door Locks Not Working

The dealership said the ETACS also controls the power door locks. Since that was the easiest to take out and easy to test I pulled that 1st. Swapping that out will be quick and mabye that will solve the problem. I will check out those relays 1 at a time and hit the door locks as you said. Thanks again for you help! O0

yeah no problem bro but I guaranteed that the relays are gonna be cheaper than the Etacs... honestly I would go buy some relays and if it aint it return them....

Problem fixed!

Thank you Jay for swapping ETACS w/ me to test it.

The RED ETACS BOX was the problem.

Bought a new one today and swapped it and everything is back to normal again. Thank god!

Case Closed!

no problem Lawrence!!! anytime
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

let me know when we gonna do the coffee shop meet lol

ill buy u coffee and a pack of cigs.

Gkad you got it fixed bro... hope it didnt cost too much money. On the bright side there is a decent thread about door lock problems...

Etacs

Is there a trick on getting the etacs out? Also when you switched yours out did you have to reprogram anything? Thank you

Is there a trick on getting the etacs out, also did you have to reprogram anything? Thank you

It's pretty easy, you just have to get on your back and get underneath the steering wheel. Just make sure you push the front seat all the way back. There's one clip holding it on the top. Just push it and pull the etacs box down. Nothing to reprogram, just take the old one out and put the new one in. Make sure you disconnect the battery first though. And oh yeah, you can use an etacs box from an VIII on a IX, they are interchangeable.

What about from an 03 Lancer. It has the same part number as mine.

Yup, if it has the same part number it will definitely work.

etacs

On my evo ix, both 8637A014 and MR530918 worked exactly the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12