Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Door Locks Not Working

Power Door Locks Not Working

All of a sudden my power door locks aren't working. (door lock button and alarm button both doesn't seem to be lock/unlocking)

The alarm arms tho, but just doesnt lock.

All windows roll up and down. Its just the lock/unlock button.

I checked fuses for the power door lock under the hood and in the drivers side panel.

Both fuses are not blown. I replaced the one in the drivers side w/ the same 15amp fuse. Still not working.

I have an aftermarket alarm. I checked the relay fuse for the alarm. They're fine.

I check every single fuse also....

Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

Re: Power Door Locks Not Working

did you try all your window switch's?

yeah i did.

all the windows roll up and down.

It's pretty annoying to have to lock everything manually and then set my alarm.

Need to fix this asap!

i hope i can fix this myself and not have to take it in for warranty...

i have way too many electronics in my car. I dont feel like taking everything out.

anyone!??

take it back to whomever installed your alarm seems like that may be the problem..short in the install maybe...Â* :?

ALL of the door locks wont work? if its just one door then it can just be the solenoid... of not then its soem kinda elctrical problem, god i hate electrical problems gl with yours.
    My other car is turboed too. <br />My buddy http://sephysama.blogspot.com/

Most alarms have an inline fuse next to the "brain" ..check that and then also dont look for a burned out fuse... look on the back side of the terminal where they tapped the wires and go from there... WHAT TYPE ALARM ...make/model

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal
    take it back to whomever installed your alarm seems like that may be the problem..short in the install maybe...Â* :?
    I've had my aftermarket alarm (viper 350hv) installed for about 1.5 yrs already. It was one of the 1st mods on the car. I just got back from my friends shop who installed my alarm. He double checked the fuse and all the wiring w/ the light stick or whatever you call it. He said its getting the signal from the remote so the alarm is not the problem. We tried using the key and stock remote to lock/unlock no luck there. He suggested I take off the door panel and check the wiring and the motor? I got home and just did that and everything looks fine. I'm thinking its just the power window switch on the window control unit that got shorted out. I didnt see a motor except the power window motor.

damn electrical problems

i think i found the problem. anyone know what that part is called?

bump for an answer for this man, i have no idea what i'm looking at!
    My other car is turboed too. <br />My buddy http://sephysama.blogspot.com/

ok, I tested the power door acutator (pic above) It has signal and its still working. So to move on troubleshooting next is the window/lock control unit on the driver door. I took it apart and didnt see anything burnt. I need to swap the driver side window/lock control unit w/ someone to test it. Anyone wanna help me out? It simple takes less than 2 mins to do. Need to test this so i can either rule this one out and move on troubleshooting.

Hey bro I have a question.. This may sound stupid but have you tried the STOCK remote to see if it will lock. You may have a short in the brain or in the viper remote... just an easy thought. If its still like this in 2 weeks I can take a look at it for you.

actually i was calling around to other dealership and talking to service dept.

Anyone heard of ETACS?

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/resources/acronyms/

ETACS (Pre 2004)
    Electric Time and Alarm Control System
    ETACS is an electronic control system that allows the customisation of a range of security and convenience features such as central locking and cabin lighting. Availability of features varies between models.

ETACS (Post 2005)
    Electronic Total Automotive Control System
    Since 2005 ETACS responsibilities on some models have expanded. It has become the communication hub for all of the vehicles electronic functions, receiving and outputting information via the CAN’s(control area network’s) and LIN (local interconnect network) data lines. ETACS allows the customisation of standard features and the integration of optional equipment into the vehicles communication network.

Its a Control Unit under the dash thats controls the door locks and other electrical stuff.

I have a good feeling that this is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blkside
    Hey bro I have a question.. This may sound stupid but have you tried the STOCK remote to see if it will lock. You may have a short in the brain or in the viper remote... just an easy thought. If its still like this in 2 weeks I can take a look at it for you.
    yeah, that was the one of the 1st things i tried...

I mentioned it in one of the above posts

I appreciate your input and your help.

Have you actually swapped relays around to check cause after everything you have said thats what its looking like... actually pull it and either replace it or borrow one a nd check.

Quote Originally Posted by blkside
    Have you actually swapped relays around to check cause after everything you have said thats what its looking like... actually pull it and either replace it or borrow one a nd check.
    not yet, thats my next step. I have to find the unit and check the relays. Dealing w/ electrical is a pain in the ass!

Found the ETACS control unit and took it out. It's located behind the dash fuse box. Took me about 3 mins. Very simple plug n play.

With the ETACS out of the car. I was curious if the car would start. So I fired her up and there she goes. Only thing I noticed was my signal lights and hazard lights didnt work.

Here are some pics.

So anyone thats going to the 626 meet tonite want to help me out and volunteer to swap ETACS so i can test this thing out to see if it fixes my problem??

I wanna test another ETACS before I go to the dealership and spend $250 on a brand new one.

I'll buy you your own pizza and beer no matter what the outcome may be.....

I just want my damn power door lock fixed!

Ok I am not sure why you pulled that but thats not a relay. Pull the lil access panel to get to the fuse panel under the steering wheel. See those lil black cubes, those are gonna be the relays for the doors... plug the Etacs back in and move those around one at a time... look at them and switch the ones with the IDENTICAL markings... all while hitting the door locks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast