Thread: another RRC stage 1 experience

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

another RRC stage 1 experience

Got Stage 1 last Thursday. After driving my car around for few days, i've noticed it turns much easier. Much different than stock. I went through the canyons over the weekend, not speeding of course, but just fast enough to tell the understeer has been diminished while accelerating through the corners. yay, just what i wanted.

I got to RRC around 1 while they were eating lunch (taco bell) and they finished the job in only 2-3 hours. They were watching Jackass 2 when i got there. We decided to fast foward through the part where steve-o puts the fish hook through his face. John gave me a tour of the facility and i got to see his race cars, even the totaled one.

I spent most of my waiting time playing with their vicious guard dog. haha, i've never met a dog as calm and quiet as this. very friendly.

Finally, the test drive. this obviously was the most exciting part of the whole experience. John took my car out and blasted through some corners explaining what he was doing along the way. i wish i had a tape recorder or something because i can't recall everything he was trying to teach me. Something about braking hard but not letting off the brake too fast before turning or else i would shift the weight back to the rear. I couldn't believe how fast and smooth his driving was. I need to learn how to drive like this. will someone teach me how to heel-toe now?

in conclusion, RRC is a great place. Everyone is nice and, more importantly, knowledgeable. Customer service was top notch.

Re: another RRC stage 1 experience

stage 1 FTW, congrats on the install.

Remember not to let of the gas while in a moderate/high speed turn. I've found that out the hard way.
    <br /><br />Cottonwood.org &lt;&lt; a place you can call home

nice...sounds like other people's Stage 1 experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by kimletrim
    nice...sounds like other people's Stage 1 experiences.
    All of us here have a lot of pride in our work, and each customer always gets the same attention to detail on their project that we give to our competition cars or the prototype work we do for Mitsubishi.
    John Mueller www.muellerized.com
    Expert service and suspension work, including insurance repairs professional competition driver coaching and chassis development, our engines and chassis have won in SCCA/NASA/IMSA/FIA road racing, SCORE Off Road, SCCA ProRally Shock dyno service, MIG/TIG welding, tube bending/fabrication, race engine configuration
    30 years experience

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

theres a thread that explains how to heel- toe
    and since you ask for it, here is a couple of images to give you an idea

theres several ways in order to accomplish this ... an if your foot is long enough to reach, you can always do this
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Experienced
    Cars
    2013 WW MR, 2004 AS GSR

Quote Originally Posted by NMREJ6

Remember not to let of the gas while in a moderate/high speed turn. I've found that out the hard way.
    Thanks for the tip. Can you elaborate on what happened?

I think the only thing missing was a ride in Mueller's own street car. he did offer, but his mechanics were working on it at the time so i missed out.

damn i had the same experience on friday ... great shop great group of people and a chill dog! love the way my car feels after some more experience i will definately be moving up to the a2s. Glad you are happy with your setup bro because i am definately happy with mine.
    I&#039;m at where I&#039;m at<br />and I be where I be.<br />we fly high, no lie, you know we ...

Congratulations! Enjoy the car and the stage 1. You will have alot of fun with the dynamics of the car! Also, feel the true potential on a track.
    <br />The #1 Bitch for Boost!<br />

Congrats!! O0

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    theres a thread that explains how to heel- toe
    and since you ask for it, here is a couple of images to give you an idea

theres several ways in order to accomplish this ... an if your foot is long enough to reach, you can always do this
    Theres 2 other methods of accomplishing the same task. If your foot is wide enough you can just roll your right foot onto the accelerator to do the downshift. Then theres the really weird way (to me anyway) where your heel is on the brake and use the toe of your right foot to do the blip on the throttle. Makes your feet look like this | /

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmebruce

I think the only thing missing was a ride in Mueller's own street car. he did offer, but his mechanics were working on it at the time so i missed out.
    Letting go of the throttle too abrubtly will disrupt the car.Â* When you lift off the throttle the car leans forward from "engine braking" and thus most of the weight will be at the fron tires.Â* When you do this mid-corner you're essentially taking load/grip off the rear wheels and transfering them into the front.Â* When the front wheels have too much grip and the rears are lacking grip and are in the middle of a high speed turn you can spin out.

Quote Originally Posted by tanK
    Quote Originally Posted by theycallmebruce

Letting go of the throttle too abrubtly will disrupt the car. When you lift off the throttle the car leans forward from "engine braking" and thus most of the weight will be at the fron tires. When you do this mid-corner you're essentially taking load/grip off the rear wheels and transfering them into the front. When the front wheels have too much grip and the rears are lacking grip and are in the middle of a high speed turn you can spin out.

Thanks for the tip!! O0