Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC Not Cold Anymore??????????

AC Not Cold Anymore??????????

ok here the situation my 2006 Evo 9 MR has had cold AC since the day i bought the car in February of 2006 up until a recent track event where the only thing different that i had done to the car was i put on 275/40/17 r compounds drove the car half day ( because i was losing boost and couldn't find out why until i got home and notice one of my intercooler coupling had a huge tear in it) but from that day on the AC doesn't work............ i am thinking that i need to have more freon put into the car but was wondering if anyone else had the same problem
    ARC Air Box, Dejon Intake Pipe, Bushur LICP, HKS SSQV Version 2, DC Sport Manifold, Invidia O2 Housing, Tanabe Exhaust, Helix Test Pipe, HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, HKS EVC 6 and Zeitronix Wideband<br /><br />DMS 40 Gold Coilover, Cusco Bars and Brace, Whiteline Sways, Whiteline Bushings, Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment, whiteline Bushings Set up By Westend Alignments (Darin The Sh!7)<br /><br />Tuned By: Vishnu, Jester, TTP and TT

Re: AC Not Cold Anymore??????????

I don't think they use freon anymore. I have not encountered the same problem but it does sound you need a recharge of the AC system. Warranty should cover it.

yeah i was just wondering if the 275/40/17 might have hit one of the lines when i was at the track because i remove my fender lining which expose the oil kooler, oil filter and lines, and the lower ac lines i think the tire might have hit it when i was cornering or something like that
    ARC Air Box, Dejon Intake Pipe, Bushur LICP, HKS SSQV Version 2, DC Sport Manifold, Invidia O2 Housing, Tanabe Exhaust, Helix Test Pipe, HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, HKS EVC 6 and Zeitronix Wideband<br /><br />DMS 40 Gold Coilover, Cusco Bars and Brace, Whiteline Sways, Whiteline Bushings, Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment, whiteline Bushings Set up By Westend Alignments (Darin The Sh!7)<br /><br />Tuned By: Vishnu, Jester, TTP and TT

have the dealer run a leak test

well simply go jack up ure car and check if any of the lines does have a leak....

its wierd that u ran out of refrigerant already on a 06 car
    www.speedelement.com<br />www.500whp.com<br />www.weaksauce.org<br />

leak test???? is that the same test we run when we do a boost leak test??? if so ive already done that and found the leaks in the pipe

Quote Originally Posted by EVOate909
    well simply go jack up ure car and check if any of the lines does have a leak....

its wierd that u ran out of refrigerant already on a 06 car
    yeah that what i thought to but i check and no sign of any lines that where moved or damaged

Quote Originally Posted by evo ippo
    leak test???? is that the same test we run when we do a boost leak test??? if so ive already done that and found the leaks in the pipe
    no its different, they fill th ac system with dye, and look for leaks. ac system only

Quote Originally Posted by evilrs
    Quote Originally Posted by evo ippo
    no its different, they fill th ac system with dye, and look for leaks. ac system only
    ohhhhh ok see i would not have known that without the help from people on this forum, thanks i will defiantly tell the dealer that

no problem. good luck!

If it's not getting cold you most likely have a leak somewhere. You are charged with 134A FWIW. Try turning your system on at idle let it run for a few seconds and feel the bigger pipe it has a L on the cap. This is the low side of the system. It should get cool to the touch. If it doesn't you are either low on a charge or other things.

Watch the sight glass also. If there are bubbles in it that is a indication of a low charge also.

Doing a leak test on the A/C is a lot more involved than a boost leak test. You need A/C gauges to do this and the system has to be evacuated then you can put nitrogen in to test for leaks. After that it has to have a vacuum pulled on it then recharged.

ok everyone found out what was wrong it seems like the lower lines was rubbing up against the condenser pulley and the hose finally gave so word of advice to all evo owners make sure that no hose are touching the pulley or you will be out $300 bucks man that sucks and not covered under warranty because it was a physical damage

I had the same problem! I took my car in a couple of months ago and they told me the A/C tank was low. I had also brought in my car for an electrical problem, and because it took three more days than they said it would they fill up my tank for free... a month later.... no more A/C. I need to take it in again and hopefully they can fix it.

I never use the A/C, maybe I should turn it on and see if it works.
    Stage 2 GTR<br />556awhp/586tq<br />Tuned by Jotech<br /><br />Evo IX(Sold)<br />542awhp/420tq

I rarely use it too, but sometime when the car sits out in the sun for a while the black leather is just too much for me to handle. That being said, the car is going in today to get the A/C fixed. O0

I had one of my hoses go out like that too. Except it cost me $45. You just take the broken hose off and take it to Mesa Hose. They will give it back to you with the same ends with stronger hose.
    どうも!ハード・ゲイです!フォー !

Quote Originally Posted by GSX2EVO
    I had the same problem! I took my car in a couple of months ago and they told me the A/C tank was low. I had also brought in my car for an electrical problem, and because it took three more days than they said it would they fill up my tank for free... a month later.... no more A/C. I need to take it in again and hopefully they can fix it.
    HAHAHHA the A/C tank was LOW????? There is NO SUCH THING. Sorry to be a prod but I almost fell out of my chair when I read that!!! It is a sealed system that takes maybe at most 2 lbs. of refrigerant.

Glad you found your leak, I'll have to take a look at mine and make sure it's not chafing.

why would the lines be rubbing? shouldn't they be tucked up out of the way or something? :?
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Over time things can come loose and start rubbing. In a perfect world it wouldn't but we all know that's not so. Figure I'm not telling you something you don't already know though.

I know mine was rubbing a bit on my LICP after I installed it. Took care of that quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 FEVER
    Over time things can come loose and start rubbing. In a perfect world it wouldn't but we all know that's not so. Figure I'm not telling you something you don't already know though.

I know mine was rubbing a bit on my LICP after I installed it. Took care of that quickly though.
    I agree over time things break wear out get loose etc.... but on an 06? something seems to be missing from the equation here...why would he remove the wheel liners? just to put some near stock size tires on? you could have just trimmed them back...maybe something flew up in there and made it come lose or it made a leak? maybe the last person to work on the OPs car didnt replace the proper fasteners clips etc? I havent had any sort of problems with mine... My AC still blows as cold as it did when I bought the car 3 years ago.
    <br /><br />WWW.ROADRACEENGINEERING.COM<br />WWW.MUELLERIZED.COM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast