Thread: My Dyno run at TT

My Dyno run at TT

TT got the car dialed in this past Friday. TT is a great place with equally great customer serviceÂ* O0

After all is said and done, she put out 325whp and 324lb-ft. The runs were mid-day, temps were at 111deg F and on 91 pump gas. I am also suffering some boost taper which I hope can be solved soon.

Im running a stock Evo 9 turbo, stock exhaust manifold, and stock o2 housing.

My mods are:

GSC S1 cams
    Forced Performance wastegate actuator (med setting)
    Precision 680cc injectors
    Walboro 255lbhr fuel pump
    WOT throttle body/port match manifold
    AMS intercooler
    turbohoses.com intercooler pipes
    HKS intake pipe
    HKS drop-in panel air-filter
    Espelir downpipe
    HKS exhaust
    Magnaflow high flow cat
    Blitz Dual SBC boost controller

Re: My Dyno run at TT

rowland- were you waiting for it to be has hot as possible!?

get a ebay o2 housing on there & she will really wake up on top......dyno her in november too....it maybe 85f then!!

Hi Aby :) It was freakin hot in there. I was thinking about the o2 housing....I may just put one on

:oops: noobie q's... what can an o2 housing do? how much do they run?

might as well get one before i get mine dyno'd thanks! O0

My dynotune was on saturday and sitting at a nice and chilly 108 degrees.... Yeah turbo doesn't like heat. We should have them spray nitrous on our intercoolers during the tune...lol.
    RRE 2.4 bottom end w/ Eagle Rods &amp; Wiseco Pistons<br />RRE GT3076R turbo<br />ARP Headstuds<br />ARP Mainstuds<br />1mm oversized valves<br />Nisei Competition Intercooler<br />Zeitronix Wideband AFR, boost and EGT monitor<br />Full RRE Stealth 3&quot; turboback exhaust w/ cat delete.<br />720cc fuel injectors.<br />255 Walboro fuel pump.<br />Dejon Boost Controller.<br />HKS 272/272 Cams.<br />HKS Cam Gears(-2, -2).<br />SAFC NEO.<br />ACT clutch<br />Blitz induction cover and filter<br />EVO 9 MR BOV<br />TT ECUflash tune 91 octane. 380 whp/340 wtq @ 19 psi in 108 degrees weather.

I had mine tuned Thursday and it was 110* there. I was low on power too.

I am still waiting for my graphs though
    Do your part to fight the man!!!<br />http://www.stopoilspeculationnow.com/

Canyon Racer

OT: Whoa since when did TT have a boost plot!?!?!?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by alan678
    Alfred got sick of folks bitchin' about boost plots and he rigged up an AEM 3.5 bar map senor to his dyno. I think it shows a MBC holding a pretty solid level of boost.
    584whp &amp; 527wtq-- Stock ECU<br />3rd place 2008 Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Challenge<br />1st place Import Tuner Evo vs Sti Shootout 2007 fastest lap &amp; five lap challenge<br />2nd place Redline Time Attack modified class @ Cal Speedway 2007<br />7.1 at 99.7mph 1/8th mile at California Speedway<br /><br />Tuned &amp; BuiltÂ* by Tuning Technologies -- TTech HTA35R Turbo Kit, 2.3, 1000 injectors -- Stock ECU with EcuFlash -- stock head with HKS 272s -- AMS VSR Intake Manifold -- Mil.Spec 65mm Throttle Body -- V!shn u/Gerrard Spec Ohlin&#039;s Suspension -- Exedy Triple Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Smogrunner
    Al
    Alfred got sick of folks bitchin' about boost plots and he rigged up an AEM 3.5 bar map senor to his dyno. I think it shows a MBC holding a pretty solid level of boost.
    cool.... i do have a few questions about alfreds set-up:

1. where is the map sensor gettting its ready from
    2. how much line length between the map sensor & measuring point?
    3. are there any "t"'s within this map sensor tap?

i have measured different boost levels, curves, etc all from playing with line lengths & t's within the line length, all while leaving my mbc alone, while testing was conducted in the same night with simlar ambient temps!!

Awesome, Congrats on the #'s.
    Stage 2 GTR<br />556awhp/586tq<br />Tuned by Jotech<br /><br />Evo IX(Sold)<br />542awhp/420tq

not bad! GSC S1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogrunner
    Al
    cool.... i do have a few questions about alfreds set-up:

1. where is the map sensor gettting its ready from
    2. how much line length between the map sensor & measuring point?
    3. are there any "t"'s within this map sensor tap?

i have measured different boost levels, curves, etc all from playing with line lengths & t's within the line length, all while leaving my mbc alone, while testing was conducted in the same night with simlar ambient temps!!

Abby,
    We try to tap for the MAP sensor as close to the manifold as possible. When we cant directly tap into the manny we end up using a source that was derived at the manifold ie the OEM BOV line. The amount of actual vacuum hose we use is kept to a minimum and is about 2 inches long. The wire that leads to the Analog logger is long enough to have the sensor reach the engine bay.

I too was worried about response issues or lag if we used a long hose rather than using the wire to cover the distance.

Alfred

Boost plots...yummy :D
    Subaru owners are a bunch of vaginas --Forced Performance on NASIOC

thanks for the insight alfred.

can you post up some boost plots?.........if its ok with rowland too.

the boost plot is on the bottom of my dyno sheet I posted; its iterlaced with the AFR plot :)

I ended up getting the Titek o2 housing from 500whp.com (thanks Jeff). The opening is a few milimeters bigger than the turbine housing. I ended up getting the turbine housing gasket matched to the o2 housing (thanks to Stafford Fabrication..he did it on the spot )

The exhaust manifold and turbine housing were also gasket matched...i figured it wouldn't hurt.

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport

its a nice piece....
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

just found a pretty big boost leak where the turbo meets the I/C pipe...as 4G63Fever can attest to. Maybe a few more ponies can now be found :)

OT:Â* Â*I have tightened the bolts up (which seems to work because I lowered the gain and still have my ~20psi) and now the boost likes to flutter near 4000rpm then return to normal operations after....i checked for kinks in the EBC line and found none...any ideas????

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    2003 EVO VIII

What brand and model ebc is it? Sound slike the gain or setgain may be too high.

Alfred

^ looks like it will be a non issue (hopefully) when you guys install the GM 3 port on Thursday :)

Its a Blitz SBC dual solenoid...the gain of the wastegate is set to ~63 and the setgain is 30.

Rowland