Thread: Look who's tuning the new AccessPort for Evos

Look who's tuning the new AccessPort for Evos

Good job, Alfred and crew :D O0

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T

Re: Look who's tuning the new AccessPort for Evos

Very nice! Now this lead to a question. What are the pros and cons of AccessPORT vs. EcuFlash?

It controls boost? I cant read it...too blurry. But for that price i just might get a custom done.

Quote Originally Posted by G20
    Very nice! Now this lead to a question. What are the pros and cons of AccessPORT vs. EcuFlash?
    +1

It is nice to see we are accualy getting some good tuners for the AP. The Subaru guys might take advantage of this if Alfred can tune them.

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T

Quote Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
    "most of this power came from the healthy-but-safe 12:1 air/fuel ratio (that stretched all the way to redline)"

I hope that's a typo.
    +1. I hope it's a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
    "most of this power came from the healthy-but-safe 12:1 air/fuel ratio (that stretched all the way to redline)"

I hope that's a typo.
    Yep thats exactly what I was thinking when I read this article. Accessport is a waste of money for the evo IMO.
    Turbo kit for sale!<br />http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;?topic= 70930.new;topicseen#new

In my opinion there are much more effective methods of tuning an evo than purchasing the access port
    RS STwhy? four doors, two seats, 23 psi of boost...

Wow really lame numbers.... and yea like most said before it came out, its gonna be a waste for evo's. Seems like evos take to well to mods for the AP, unlike Subies.

At least we know the heat didn't affect performance since its always like the SAHARA at tuning tech, and they still make great numbers in that heat.

Looks like the AP is still gonna be number 1 for the subie crowd.
    [quote author=chimers link=topic=52548.msg7218696#msg7218696 date=1196381834]<br />kenwood indash headunit <br />Â* Â* its gangsta touchscreen n shit<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />&quot;I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.&quot; -Anonymous

Looks like stock boost levels other than that initial spike. That by itself would account for the lower than typical numbers. Also, the article states that little was done with ignition timing. I think the point of the article is that the access port has arrived and to look for more news on it.

I spoke to Alfred about it and he said it is a really cool tuning platform to work with. I wouldn't write it off just yet.
    584whp &amp; 527wtq-- Stock ECU<br />3rd place 2008 Sport Compact Car Ultimate Street Car Challenge<br />1st place Import Tuner Evo vs Sti Shootout 2007 fastest lap &amp; five lap challenge<br />2nd place Redline Time Attack modified class @ Cal Speedway 2007<br />7.1 at 99.7mph 1/8th mile at California Speedway<br /><br />Tuned &amp; BuiltÂ* by Tuning Technologies -- TTech HTA35R Turbo Kit, 2.3, 1000 injectors -- Stock ECU with EcuFlash -- stock head with HKS 272s -- AMS VSR Intake Manifold -- Mil.Spec 65mm Throttle Body -- V!shn u/Gerrard Spec Ohlin&#039;s Suspension -- Exedy Triple Carbon