Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me if I'm nuts

Re: Please tell me if I'm nuts

"u smoke a vette? what mods u have? and what was the roll?"

twice. one on euclid, passing the 10 near 7th. he came up fast behind me and i gunned it, couldnt pass me. this went on for 2 lights, then i turned on to foothill. he was kinda close, but i had him by at least 2 cars the whole time

second was on the 57S, a black one passed me fast, so i gunned it and caught up to him. he wanted to go from a 45mph roll. 3rd honk and i take off, at 140 i put on my hazards indicating ownage! also had him by maybe 2 cars.

then like 2 weeks ago a zo6 pulls up to me and gasses it. now i like racing, but im not stupid. no way in hell would i take a zo6 so i declined.

btw, this was back when i had my TB IX MR. that thing had a TBE, filter, fuel pump, MBC set at 22psi, and a bomb ass road tune

Canyon Racer

Quote Originally Posted by evilrs
    Quote Originally Posted by alan678
    My best time so far was a 7.7 in the 1/8 @ 92mph and a 1.7' 60 foot...

The night i broke my ish, after a ton of air flowing mods (cams, intake, o2 housing, 65mm tb, and a couple others)....i ran an 8.3 @ 91mph with a 2.0' 60 foot & missing second gear *First pass of the night always sucks*....as you can see by the ET that the car has a TON more left in it....
    I'm bad with math. what does that mean in a 1/4 mile?
    As we all know, the conversion factors don't usually play out 100% but it is believed that a 7.7 will run flat 12's in the 1/4....

Quote Originally Posted by vial8or
    "u smoke a vette? what mods u have? and what was the roll?"

twice. one on euclid, passing the 10 near 7th. he came up fast behind me and i gunned it, couldnt pass me. this went on for 2 lights, then i turned on to foothill. he was kinda close, but i had him by at least 2 cars the whole time

shit.. thats crazy. I would have never guessed that. I have basiclly the same mods. I know that no matter what car I drive I don't want to be pwned by a cheaper car!. good info. thanks!

second was on the 57S, a black one passed me fast, so i gunned it and caught up to him. he wanted to go from a 45mph roll. 3rd honk and i take off, at 140 i put on my hazards indicating ownage! also had him by maybe 2 cars.

then like 2 weeks ago a zo6 pulls up to me and gasses it. now i like racing, but im not stupid. no way in hell would i take a zo6 so i declined.

Quote Originally Posted by evilrs
    My best time so far was a 7.7 in the 1/8 @ 92mph and a 1.7' 60 foot...

The night i broke my ish, after a ton of air flowing mods (cams, intake, o2 housing, 65mm tb, and a couple others)....i ran an 8.3 @ 91mph with a 2.0' 60 foot & missing second gear *First pass of the night always sucks*....as you can see by the ET that the car has a TON more left in it....
    i that running meh?
    I'm bad with math. what does that mean in a 1/4 mile?
    As we all know, the conversion factors don't usually play out 100% but it is believed that a 7.7 will run flat 12's in the 1/4....

anyone elso here run with a vette??

Canyon Racer

Thats on 111oct @ 26lbs...

The problem i was having with the previous setup was that i would hit 26lbs and drop way to much boost...so i got an 18lbs spring, & forge bov along with the other mods spoken of above to help me keep higher boost and flow more air....

hm.. so was this set up getting u into the mid 12's?

Canyon Racer

i haven't ran a 1/4 mile track...the conversion shows a dead 12.0 1/4 for a 7.7 1/8 et...and this setup is capable of high 10's with the right mods/driving skill...thats why my quest is still in motion :D

i will not stop till i get there :D

sweet! I love to hear about evos dipping into the 10's!! keep me posted!

i had a 06 vette for like 2 month and if you have a modded evo the vette will get schooled until u jump on the freeway..........

what I find is that the jap cars are geared way higher than the american cars. the vette would have to stay in first all around town in order to get a jump on an evo..

the vette in really about 100 lbs lighter the th evo...

Canyon Racer

With the gutting of my SSL evo, keeping the front dash, front door trims, factory amp/sub, and center console...my car weighs in at 3020 on a cert. scale....how much does a vett weigh?

and to be honest i dont really compare the 2...................vette is a LEGEND

i believe it weighs 3150 lbs. with all options

Well I certainly don't think that you're nuts. They are two very different cars in many respects besides just the fact that one has 2 doors and the other, 4. You have an RS so you are automatically giving up some creature comforts that even other evo owners have already. That aside, here are some reasons I like both cars:

Evo-
    -Turbo. I just love having a boosted car. I love the process of modefying and tuning a turbocharged vehicle. It's not to say that you can't turbo or supercharge the vet, but you don't start there and that's a lot of $$.
    -4 doors. It just comes in very handy, but then, this isn't neccissarily a DD for you so...?
    -Unique. I think an Evo (especially VIII's & IX's) are much more unique than a vet which are a dime a dozen.
    -Overall expenses are going to be lower with the Evo. Things such as service, gas mileage, parts. Part of this is having all 4 wheels/tires the same size as opposed to a staggered setup.

Vet-
    -V8 naturally aspirated power with growl to match! Torque torque torque... mmmmmm
    -Easily modefied for track purposes. Hey just check out American Le Mans GT1 class!
    -Good looking car.
    -Less "boy racer" image.

It's a toss up really. Personally, I would keep the Evo although I love both cars equally and you gotta do what makes you happy. Â*O0

EVO.. is a legend a well. Â*just not so much in the us market.. or as long as the vette.. back to 1953...lol

just get the vette and than throw on a blower.................FTW

Canyon Racer

Yeah a Vett is a legend in the US....but umm this is a JAP car!!! You cant forget that the Evo has dominated in the rally and is a badass 4 banger!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast