Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me if I'm nuts

Please tell me if I'm nuts

OK, I've decided to trade in or sell my EVO for a 2006 Corvette. I love the EVO, but I don't love alot of the downfalls of it. I've allmost decided to get a 06 vette in its place. I just love the sound and torque of a V8 and the nice interior with a factory nav system. its got 400hp stock. and stock does 0-60 in 4.2 sec. and a 1/4 in 12.7. I'd like to hear some feed back. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks O0!

Re: Please tell me if I'm nuts

what's the price/mileage on the vette?? and remember....it's only 2 doors!! and you have an evo with 4 doors that can perform just as well, even better....
    back to the evo. WW EVO X

I would not evo love ftw!

Canyon Racer

hmm...with a few bolt ons and a tune you can do better 0-60/track times....and still not have to pay for what you pay for a C6...

If anything....just go all out and get a Z06....but i would stick to the Evo...but then again, it seems like you got some muscle in your blood

the vette will run me about 10K more, and I like the fact thats its a two seater.. I have my daily driver If I need more :). ツ*I'm really only looking at it from a performance view.

Quote Originally Posted by alan678
    hmm...with a few bolt ons and a tune you can do better 0-60/track times....and still not have to pay for what you pay for a C6...

If anything....just go all out and get a Z06....but i would stick to the Evo...but then again, it seems like you got some muscle in your blood
    yeah. I know My EVO is already faster than a stock vette. but to get it to go that fast u have to drop it at 5500 rpms, which is something I'll never do..

Canyon Racer

If you load the gears up right the t-case/tranny will be alright *just avoid wheel hop, which BTW, can kill any car*...its all about the driver O0

Thats why i need the driver mod for my new setup....no more clutch dumping for me

I remember U posting some sick ass times. whats ur best?

ya i wouldnt do it at all. ive smoked 06 vettes on the freeway and streets
    now a zo6 is something different

u smoke a vette? what mods u have? and what was the roll?

meh...evo's suck!

get something with good gas mileage and call it a day.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

find somethind better to do with your time.. :)

Canyon Racer

My best time so far was a 7.7 in the 1/8 @ 92mph and a 1.7' 60 foot...

The night i broke my ish, after a ton of air flowing mods (cams, intake, o2 housing, 65mm tb, and a couple others)....i ran an 8.3 @ 91mph with a 2.0' 60 foot & missing second gear *First pass of the night always sucks*....as you can see by the ET that the car has a TON more left in it....

evos kick ass! u SUCK!

ok, serious response:

i honestly think the evo is one of the best bang for buck cars on the road now. seeing your list of cars, you already have enough american muscle at your disposal. keeping the evo for those canyon runs of having fun in a 4-dr seems to be more beneficial for your finances and such in the long run.

it's your money in the end and a 10k loss to own a car that your current trade-off is already faster/more practicial than seems redundant.
    no one on this forum knows how to spell.

since you already have a DD, id get a corvette. Get a gale banks twin turbo setup on that... and ur set! haha

Quote Originally Posted by alan678
    My best time so far was a 7.7 in the 1/8 @ 92mph and a 1.7' 60 foot...

The night i broke my ish, after a ton of air flowing mods (cams, intake, o2 housing, 65mm tb, and a couple others)....i ran an 8.3 @ 91mph with a 2.0' 60 foot & missing second gear *First pass of the night always sucks*....as you can see by the ET that the car has a TON more left in it....

I'm bad with math. ツ*what does that mean in a 1/4 mile?

Canyon Racer

Quote Originally Posted by j_nizzle
    ok, serious response:

i honestly think the evo is one of the best bang for buck cars on the road now. seeing your list of cars, you already have enough american muscle at your disposal. keeping the evo for those canyon runs of having fun in a 4-dr seems to be more beneficial for your finances and such in the long run.

it's your money in the end and a 10k loss to own a car that your current trade-off is already faster/more practicial than seems redundant.
    Well said!!!

KEEP IT KEEP IT!!!

i would keep the evo ツ*O0 all wheel drive rules !
    Buschur turbo back exhaust indivia O2 housing hks 272 cams aem cam gears テつ* arp head studs walbro 255 Ets 3" FMICテつ* Ets LIcpテつ* RRE no name clutch works trottle bodyテつ*brian crower springs and retainers 720 denso injectors buschur intake swift mr springs with blisteins ported workテつ*テつ*props to Randy and Charlie at cspectuning

what happens if you want to go to the mountains when its snowing? (AWD)

what about cargo room...3 extra seats...turbo lag? ツ*lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast