Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday Taste of 626 Meet!

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    GG Evo 9 MR

Re: XLB Meet!!!

haha. i think i saw you too terenus. probably a month ago on garfield in mp, you were in a van with a friend . you said nice car, and i was like huh?? i turned my head and i recognized your face on the boards here, from that pic from boiling crab lol.

OHHH haha, I was the guy driving the van. ^^ =P

Quote Originally Posted by sgvevo9mr
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanEVO

Damn I am looking good!!!
    Dat be me :-) You should come and join us for our XLB meet :-)

so you are the mexican dude i saw on garvey a few weeks back. said whats up to ya in my gg 9 mr. nice rims bro.

Quote Originally Posted by sgvevo9mr
    haha. i think i saw you too terenus. probably a month ago on garfield in mp, you were in a van with a friend . you said nice car, and i was like huh?? i turned my head and i recognized your face on the boards here, from that pic from boiling crab lol.
    Haha, that's you!

is this meet happening tomorrow?

i am down :-)

What makes a good Xiao Long Bao?

According to a chef:

1) Freshness of ingredients.

2) Must be prepared (wrapped, eat and steamed) and eaten on the spot. No takeaways or reheating.

3) Dumpling skin must be thin and easy on the bite. Strong enough to hold the soup and trapped in the mixture of flavours.

4) Filling must be substantial.

5) The pork used for the filling must be slightly fatty to bring out the flavour of the entire dumpling.

Have you ever wondered how they managed to get the soup into dumplings ?
    The traditional way is to prepare the soup before hand, chill it till it congeals and then mix it with meat filling. When the dumpling is cooked or heated, the congealed soup liquifies and having extracted the flavour from the marinated meat, gives a wonderful but rich soup base. If you are trying an authentically made one, dip it with a bit of vinegar and ginger sticks for a guaranteed explosion of flavours on your first sip/bite.

So whats the best way to consume the dumpling?

When served, the seasoned XLB eaters would know when is the right time to pick this up with chopsticks and into the mouth, to prevent his/her lips and mouth to be scalded by the steaming hot broth. While there are no hard and fixed way to consume the dumplings, there are quite a few ways. Most Shanghaiese would recommend the first method.

Method 1
    Hold the dumpling with your spoon, bite off a small section of the dumpling skin, sip out the soup, dip the rest of it into vinegar and eat the rest. I have seen Angel, a local girl doing this....so elegantly and exquisitely done.

Method 2
    Put the entire dumpling in your mouth, give it a gentle bite. "Experience" the burst effect.

Method 3
    Pry apart the skin, meat and soup and consume them separately.

HAHA i'm down for XLB tonight. Does anyone else think it's funny that this ^^^ is coming from Robert? lOL

lol, im down......kev, dont forget to bring the manifold and gasket! =)

What time are we doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanEVO

damn that looks good
    [quote author=Terenus link=topic=26113.msg6929267#msg6929267 date=1168978691]<br />i&#039;m gay for XLB<br />[/quote]<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://forums.evolutionm.net/images/smilies/headbang2.gif&quot;&gt;<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Terenus
    What time are we doing this?
    Look at the first page of the 626 meets... n00b

Grats on the new title Robert!

Damn, did you guys go last night?

Law: I still got your stuff... I'll pm you my phone #

yup, robert, charles, alex, john, ant and i were the only ones there....where were u? still up north?

Yesterday was my first day home... I wasted no time in getting drunk But yeah, no work till Jan. 2nd so hit me up!

lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenus
    Grats on the new title Robert!

Hellzzz yah!!!

Bitches!!!

LMAO....

HKS SSGV

HAHAHAH